Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming WTF?! @ Diablo3 Whimsyshire

PixiGlow

(edited)

However, I just don't find slaying unicorns and watching their blood and guts pop all over the screen as very funny, especially when they are oh so obviously making fun of MLP.

I play World of Warcraft and let me tell you, plenty of their player base could use a little "Love and Tolerance". A LOT of it.

I'm just saying - Slay demons, fight Diablo, hell you can kill critters all day long, but ... "you better think before you laugh at the Pink...ie Pie!"

Just don't mess with my ponies. :(

That's exactly what Iam thinking. I don't like the idea of the ponies as enemys, if you would fight evil monsters who would try to invade this dreamland it would be ok for me, altough in my opinion they could have left it out entirely. I just don't like cartoon+gore and don't like to see my "heros" killed(I would also be pissed if I had to kill my favorite band members, videogame heroes,ect.)

This makes it seem like a teenager made this level to laugh about killing ponies and kinda immature. In general the "gore" in Diablo3 looks a bit strange for me sometimes and I would not need it to enjoy the game.

And this comes from a person who really loves Diablo3 and plays it since 3 days ;)

seems like the OP is being a bit sensitive... remember that Diablo 3 has been in development for 11 years and that before FiM existed then MLP was just a crappy girl's show to sell toys.

To be honest this looks like something that had been added late in the development of D3, especially the names make it a clear reference to G4

I think developers, writers whatever have to learn how to make good references that make people laugh and aren't too offensive. Like Matt Groening does with the Simpsons. 1 Scene/1liner can be enough to portrai someone and to give a nice little shoutout

Edited by Wildcard
  • Brohoof 1

To be honest this looks like something that had been added late in the development of D3, especially the names make it a clear reference to G4

fair enough, but still, not everyone out there reveres ponies like the people here. killing "your heroes" seems like some serious attachment issues. they're just fictional characters. for all you know, the ones in D3 are probably their evil alternate universe twins who have done unspeakable things and deserve to be killed.

fair enough, but still, not everyone out there reveres ponies like the people here. killing "your heroes" seems like some serious attachment issues. they're just fictional characters. for all you know, the ones in D3 are probably their evil alternate universe twins who have done unspeakable things and deserve to be killed.

I may be a bit sensitive when it comes to this and probably I just don't share this sense of humor. It just reminds me of those teenagerish "Haha, look this guy you think is cool gets totally owned here" hater material. I will discuss later, I have to go now.

Posted Image

Humor can be a bit crude now and then, because not everyone has all the viewpoints. Some are bronies, some aren't. Some have the same taste in humor, others don't.

Just ignore. Clearly meant as an obvious joke, so whateves.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The names seem to be based off of Ponies names

But they don't really look like ponies

I would just say it's a joke really.

Edited by Shadow Cloud

Pink and Purple Unicorns? Enemies named "Midnight Sparkle"? And "Nightmare is Magic"?

if it was just horses instead of cows and they weren't clearly alluding to MLP - fine.

But they are.

referencing doesn't mean hating

I say WTF to you, its a reference, if they were hating it, it wouldn't be anywhere near their game.

• Brohoof 1

Well, this is DIABLO after all. I didn't expect my character to walk into equestria and just eat a glorious cupcake. I only expected him to kill everything in his path. The point is that this is just a joke, and I'm pretty sure there has to be at least one brony that works at blizzard.

• Brohoof 2

seems like the OP is being a bit sensitive...

I'm going to love and tolerate the crap out of you for saying this :wub:

Posted Image

Humor can be a bit crude now and then, because not everyone has all the viewpoints. Some are bronies, some aren't. Some have the same taste in humor, others don't.

Just ignore. Clearly meant as an obvious joke, so whateves.

Only cuz you say so. <3 lol

referencing doesn't mean hating

I say WTF to you, its a reference, if they were hating it, it wouldn't be anywhere near their game.

Good Celestia, read the post with words in it. I said "hating" is not literal and my post title was a joke.

Well, this is DIABLO after all. I didn't expect my character to walk into equestria and just eat a glorious cupcake. I only expected him to kill everything in his path. The point is that this is just a joke, and I'm pretty sure there has to be at least one brony that works at blizzard.

Why not? Cupcakes are good.

Nah, I think it's a joke. A hilarious one too. As long as the ponies isn't super-cute G4-ponies I don't mind.

(edited)

The larger MLP grows and becomes mainstream, the more open it is to shoutouts, spoofs, parodies, and jokes. Bronies will have to develop a thick skin and keen eye to be able to discern when something is either a nod/shoutout/tribute for the show or a stab/dig/joke against the show or the fanbase.

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 1

Bronies will have to develop a thick skin and keen eye to be able to discern when something is either a nod/shoutout/tribute for the show or a stab/dig/joke against the show or the fanbase.

This.

If anything, it's a shoutout. Diablo is a game about killing shit, of course you are destroying everything.

• Brohoof 1

To me it's just a nod to MLP. I mean, what do you expect them to do? Mod in a place called Equestria where you set aside your weapons and eat cupcakes instead? That would make all the hardcore rpgers rage.

• Brohoof 1

*Drinks a Beer*

*Throws the empty can to the freeway and hopes someone was driving a convertible*

Yep, Blizzard spent countless hours to make a special pony level cause they "hate" MLP.

... That would make all the hardcore rpgers squee.

Fix'd.

Diablo is not a RPG, it's a Hack-N-Slash with poor, irrelevant storyline elements. =P

@ ALL - "hating" is not a literal term here.

You are all making it seem like I think that Mike Morhaime shouted down, "Let us kill My Little Ponies in our next game - Devs make it so!"

I think not. I worked for Blizzard. I know how they are.

& the fact is that if they wanted to push back or whatever you wanna call it - against people calling it too cartoony - they could have chosen plenty of other cartoon - styles to emulate.

Maybe some of YOU are the ones overreacting - to the title of the post. :blink:

Yes I understand it's a joke. So was my title.

However, I just don't find slaying unicorns and watching their blood and guts pop all over the screen as very funny, especially when they are oh so obviously making fun of MLP.

Yep, Blizzard spent countless hours to make a special pony level cause they "hate" MLP.

I forgot Pirates can't read. :P

Do not worry, your sarcasm was not lost. :)

*Drinks a Beer*

*Throws the empty can to the freeway and hopes someone was driving a convertible*

Fix'd.

Diablo is not a RPG, it's a Hack-N-Slash with poor, irrelevant storyline elements. =P

To say Diablo is NOT a RPG is just a out straight lie, it was born from the Tabletop RPG which during it's transition to video games got renamed to what we know today as HnS. Not only that, There are so many other RPG elements in the game which clearly makes it an fully ARPG.

I'm not going to even comment on your view on the storyline. Your opinion is pretty much irrelevant to everyone else anyway.

• Brohoof 1

*Drinks a Beer*

<3 For summing up Diablo in a nutshell.

Doesn't mean I won't play it, because I'm all for hack n slash.

If anything, it's just G-1 ponies, which I dislike anyway ;)

It's already been mentioned that there are (almost) straight references to G4 - Midnight Sparkle and Nightmare is Magic.

• Brohoof 1

It's already been mentioned that there are (almost) straight references to G4 - Midnight Sparkle and Nightmare is Magic.

But they still have the ugly g1 pony art style.

(edited)

Lets ask the mane 6 opinion.

Appejack do you feel ofence ?

Rainbow Dash, is it an insult for you?

[media=]

Can somepony post please, I cant put more than two videos :(

Edited by marlyly

To say Diablo is NOT a RPG is just a out straight lie, it was born from the Tabletop RPG which during it's transition to video games got renamed to what we know today as HnS. Not only that, There are so many other RPG elements in the game which clearly makes it an fully ARPG.

Diablo gave name to the HnS.

I think it's fair to call it that since it named a genre.

Every person who ever played Baldur's Gate is crying now.

Every HnS has RPG elements, that does not make them RPG's.

Best you can call it is linear as far as char development goes.

Usually RPG's have some sort of freedom associated with them, D3 is a rigid dungeon crawler that follows a storyline/pathing set in stone.

I'm not going to even comment on your view on the storyline.

Storyline was predictable as a carrot and sold a sequel.

I would not call it good.

Shiny, flamboyant, predictable and kept afloat by exceptional cut-scenes but not good.

Your opinion is pretty much irrelevant to everyone else anyway.

Yes, I know it is.

So is everyone else's.

Why do you think I'm posting on a forum?

lols