Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I was inspired by someone to make this! :D

letterone

(edited)

Basically, I was inspired to make this picture of Sonic racing Rainbow Dash. The inspiration comes from this thread here: http://mlpforums.com...6998-20-faster/

Yeah.

post-3184-0-75017800-1337466583_thumb.png

Here are several development versions of it, in da spoiler so that this thread won't be too long.

Sketch #1

post-3184-0-57730100-1337466642_thumb.jpg

Sketch #2 (The Background)

post-3184-0-45427600-1337466687_thumb.jpg

Sonic and RD without the background.

post-3184-0-51726000-1337466705_thumb.png

Edited by letterONE
  • Brohoof 3

Nice, very nice! :D

They are comparable in character and their need for speed, and they're both highly charismatic as well! :3

• Brohoof 1

Nice one. Honestly after drawing mine I realized how RD is like the perfect challenge for sonic. Both are insanely fast (RD can go like what? Mach 10 according to that one pony physics video?) and can have similar personalities. This would be such an epic race! XD... Good job on the pic!

Nice one. Honestly after drawing mine I realized how RD is like the perfect challenge for sonic. Both are insanely fast (RD can go like what? Mach 10 according to that one pony physics video?) and can have similar personalities. This would be such an epic race! XD... Good job on the pic!

I would really want to see that race. My two favorite characters racing against each other. Maaaaaan, someone should make like... OH! Really off-topic, but someone should make a Sonic ROM hack with Rainbow Dash instead of Sonic! I would play the CRAP out of that. :lol:

Back on-topic I guess...

Um... thanks! Thanks for the feedback! :)

I would really want to see that race. My two favorite characters racing against each other. Maaaaaan, someone should make like... OH! Really off-topic, but someone should make a Sonic ROM hack with Rainbow Dash instead of Sonic! I would play the CRAP out of that. :lol:

Back on-topic I guess...

Um... thanks! Thanks for the feedback! :)

Your welcome, and back to off topic that idea is brilliant, Actually all one would have to do is replace super sonic's sprites with RD's since they would have similar game physics as they both fly...or hover in super's case. Then find a way to make the character supersonic all the time and BLAMO, Instant awesomesauce......now if only I was a Hacker XD

Your welcome, and back to off topic that idea is brilliant, Actually all one would have to do is replace super sonic's sprites with RD's since they would have similar game physics as they both fly...or hover in super's case. Then find a way to make the character supersonic all the time and BLAMO, Instant awesomesauce......now if only I was a Hacker XD

I will learn to hack, just for that!

...or at least I'll use Game Maker and a Sonic engine to make it. :P

I will learn to hack, just for that!

...or at least I'll use Game Maker and a Sonic engine to make it. :P

Oh wow...not very surprisingly it exists for sonic 3

I don't really care for the sprites as much though... the flying and hovering one looks kinda awkward, but thats just me. :P

Very nice picture, makes for a good race! nice work :)

Lovely Drawing! C: The idea of them racing is cute!

Thanks! :)

Oh wow...not very surprisingly it exists for sonic 3 [media=]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwuLElI0h8E[/media]

I don't really care for the sprites as much though... the flying and hovering one looks kinda awkward, but thats just me. :P

Yeah I saw that too. Not too big a fan of the sprites, either. They look a bit uncentered if you catch my drift.