Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Friendship Problem idea

Will Guide

Here's an episode they should do before finishing the series. What if our heroes had to solve a friendship problem like this: Someone doesn't want to make friends not because the troubled pony doesn't want friends, but because he's afraid that he'll end up ruining a person's life saying/doing the wrong thing.

So they figured "If I don't make friends, then I won't end up ruining their lives" like Making Friends is just going to lead to hurting others you don't want to hurt.

I think there's a lot of socially awkward people with this mindset, including me. So if an episode like this is done well, it could show people that Friendship really can be worthwhile despite the fact that sooner or later, you WILL say or do something that will hurt the other person, but the important thing is to accept the fact you messed up and work to set things right!

So what do you guys think? Could that be an good episode?

• Brohoof 3

I think that it would make a good lesson, but it needs to have a good and logical plot to support it otherwise it wouldn't make sense because by this point in the series most of the Mane 6 has learned how to make good friends and deal with a situation like this. The only character that is believable to have this struggle might be Starlight but in season 6 she already learned a lesson similar to this one. But despite all that, if the writers make a sensible choice on how to execute the episode idea it could be a nice lesson and episode as a whole!

12 minutes ago, Brony Wannabe said:

I think that it would make a good lesson, but it needs to have a good and logical plot to support it otherwise it wouldn't make sense because by this point in the series most of the Mane 6 has learned how to make good friends and deal with a situation like this. The only character that is believable to have this struggle might be Starlight but in season 6 she already learned a lesson similar to this one. But despite all that, if the writers make a sensible choice on how to execute the episode idea it could be a nice lesson and episode as a whole!

I never said any of the Mane 6 had to be the one to learn the lesson. The troubled pony would be completely new and could learn the lesson of any one who can be summoned by the Map. Spike's summons in Triple Threat proved you don't need a Cutie Mark to be called.

I got my own friendship problem idea too! Someone lost something very dear to them, but one of their friends say it's just an object and can be replaced. But what they didn't know is how much that object meant to them. And when the friend loses something dear too, they finally understand, and the friend should've been more supportive of their loss instead of trying to persuade them that it's no big deal. Some things that aren't a big deal to most people are a big deal to some, and maybe something that's a big deal to you might not be a big deal to them, and vice-verca. Why hasn't that lesson happened yet? Yunno, that way people wouldn't have to tell me it's no big deal about the underuse of Spike in season 7. It's a big deal to me, even though it's not a big deal to most.

• 4 weeks later...