Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spike suddenly SNAPS

FlareGun45

(edited)
Spike's character has been improved as of season 6 where 'Spikeabuse' is a thing of the past! However, there are still times when he's taken advantage of, and who's to say it's for comedic-purposes? What if it's like this because it's part of his story arc? 

Now Spike is superkind! He's still there for every time Twilight asks him to do something he doesn't want to do, or Rarity taking advantage of his crush to have him do stuff for her! Of course they don't force him to do it, he just doesn't do anything to stop it. It's just like Fluttershy's past-issues of being assertive.  Now Spike wouldn't do this on purpose, but what if he had an episode where he just SNAPS? Like Ned Flanders from the Simpsons! He's normally a calm and kind person, but he snapped when too many things were going wrong for him. Would it happen to Spike too? What if a villain takes advantage of that and brainwashes Spike? We did have greedy Spike in the past, but did we have evil Spike? The Anti-Spike? Maybe in certain scenarios of the show we had Spike being selfish, but what I'm thinking about is a little more extreme, if ya catch my drift! Starlight already proved that it's not healthy to bottle up your emotions! What if Spike's doing the same thing but is just doing a better job at it?

So any of you want an episode where Spike finally snaps for the garbage he has taken over the years by his friends, and maybe becomes evil for an episode (presumably a 2-parter)?

Edited by MegaSean45

I haven't noticed any difference in the abuse but here's the thing. Spike's dealt with being the guy at the bottom before in "Power Ponies", and he's lied and been devious in "Owl's Well that Ends Well". So I think it's been covered. Plus with his biggest fear being abandoned by Twilight, he wouldn't dare do anything on purpose that would jeopardize his relationship with her and their friends.

Sounds like a possible option, and one they may do, but a little bland unless done right. But eh, what do I know about making episodes.

1 hour ago, Slipstream95 said:

THIS! This is why I oppose Spike x Rarity, all Rarity does is take advantage of Spike without him getting anything it return, it's horrible and I hate it.

Exactly! Everyone else is saying he's too young. I don't care about age, he'd one day grow up to be her age and it wouldn't be a problem anymore! But your reason is the exact same reason why I don't like Sparity either! Hopefully someday, they'll do something about that.

While I don't like the idea of him turning evil, I do like the idea of him having occasional anger management issues where the fiery dragon inside lets himself be known. We've already seen this in a minor way in episodes like "Over a Barrel" (shoots fire at Rainbow Dash over the popcorn request), "Twilight Time" (blows up over the nachos), and "P.P.O.V." (blows up again over the missing answer to the rescue).

Then there are more passive-aggressive acts of defiance, like in "Dragon Quest" where his leaving was in response to Rainbow Dash insulting him over being a poor specimen of a dragon.

Then there's the times he's hurt his friends by accident with his fire like "It's About Time" where he burned Twilight when she threw him against the wall.

All these times where his darker side has gotten the better of his normally laid-back demeanor must weigh on him. And that's to say nothing of the times he's has to act like a dragon outright - by melting the ice at the Equestria Games, biting and setting fire to all those minions of the Storm King, and using his fire again in a fight we'll be seeing shortly.

So I feel like we're already seeing instances of him "snapping" - they just don't end up with him turning evil, which is fine with me. They could push it a litter farther and maybe even make an episode that revolves around him losing his cool and immediately regretting it; causing him to fear the abilities he has. But I don't know if he'd ever just turn outright evil because that doesn't seem to be in his nature - except when he's not himself due to supernatural reasons like Greed Growth.

2 hours ago, Truffles said:

While I don't like the idea of him turning evil, I do like the idea of him having occasional anger management issues where the fiery dragon inside lets himself be known. We've already seen this in a minor way in episodes like "Over a Barrel" (shoots fire at Rainbow Dash over the popcorn request), "Twilight Time" (blows up over the nachos), and "P.P.O.V." (blows up again over the missing answer to the rescue).

Then there are more passive-aggressive acts of defiance, like in "Dragon Quest" where his leaving was in response to Rainbow Dash insulting him over being a poor specimen of a dragon.

Then there's the times he's hurt his friends by accident with his fire like "It's About Time" where he burned Twilight when she threw him against the wall.

All these times where his darker side has gotten the better of his normally laid-back demeanor must weigh on him. And that's to say nothing of the times he's has to act like a dragon outright - by melting the ice at the Equestria Games, biting and setting fire to all those minions of the Storm King, and using his fire again in a fight we'll be seeing shortly.

So I feel like we're already seeing instances of him "snapping" - they just don't end up with him turning evil, which is fine with me. They could push it a litter farther and maybe even make an episode that revolves around him losing his cool and immediately regretting it; causing him to fear the abilities he has. But I don't know if he'd ever just turn outright evil because that doesn't seem to be in his nature - except when he's not himself due to supernatural reasons like Greed Growth.

Of course he would never go evil on purpose! That's why I said 'brainwashed' in the topic! ;) Think the Mane Six would ever be evil? Yet they were, and will be! :3 

On 5/3/2018 at 7:18 AM, Slipstream95 said:

THIS! This is why I oppose Spike x Rarity, all Rarity does is take advantage of Spike without him getting anything it return, it's horrible and I hate it.

I highly doubt Spike gets nothing in return. Rarity probably doesn't use ALL the gems they find in her designs and thus gives the rest to Spike. She gets her designs made and Spike gets a snack.

Just now, ggg-2 said:

I highly doubt Spike gets nothing in return. Rarity probably doesn't use ALL the gems they find in her designs and thus gives the rest to Spike. She gets her designs made and Spike gets a snack.

I HIGHLY doubt a snack is enough to fill the void in his heart that aches for her every single moment.

(edited)
17 hours ago, Slipstream95 said:

I HIGHLY doubt a snack is enough to fill the void in his heart that aches for her every single moment.

Really? He's a kid. Kids get crushes all the time.

when I was a kid I had a crush on Kiera Knightly due to Pirates of the Caribbean. He just needs to get over it, find a new crush, and Rarity needs to do this.. 

maybe be offer him the red gem back(but we know he'll say, keep it) but again, it's like ripping off a leach, it hurts at first, but you feel so much better when it's off.

something like this

Rarity: Spike..." She started. "I'm flattered but... I just don't feel that way about you." Rarity sensed that Spike was getting even more upset and quickly said. "Don't get me wrong, darling. I love you, I do. You mean the world to me. But I love you like an older sister would love her little brother. Besides, I'm too old for you. You... You know that right?"

On 5/2/2018 at 8:30 PM, MegaSean45 said:
Spike's character has been improved as of season 6 where 'Spikeabuse' is a thing of the past! However, there are still times when he's taken advantage of, and who's to say it's for comedic-purposes? What if it's like this because it's part of his story arc? 

Now Spike is superkind! He's still there for every time Twilight asks him to do something he doesn't want to do, or Rarity taking advantage of his crush to have him do stuff for her! Of course they don't force him to do it, he just doesn't do anything to stop it. It's just like Fluttershy's past-issues of being assertive.  Now Spike wouldn't do this on purpose, but what if he had an episode where he just SNAPS? Like Ned Flanders from the Simpsons! He's normally a calm and kind person, but he snapped when too many things were going wrong for him. Would it happen to Spike too? What if a villain takes advantage of that and brainwashes Spike? We did have greedy Spike in the past, but did we have evil Spike? The Anti-Spike? Maybe in certain scenarios of the show we had Spike being selfish, but what I'm thinking about is a little more extreme, if ya catch my drift! Starlight already proved that it's not healthy to bottle up your emotions! What if Spike's doing the same thing but is just doing a better job at it?

So any of you want an episode where Spike finally snaps for the garbage he has taken over the years by his friends, and maybe becomes evil for an episode (presumably a 2-parter)?

Best idea I've read in fanfics was he wanted to get over his crush on Rarity cause he knows it ain't happening, he asks his good friend Discord for help, so Discord gives him a potion from his dimension that can make you lose all interest in the one you have a crush on, he forgets however to warn him to take only a sip each night for it to work properly, and Spike drinks the whole thing, at first it seems to work, he no longer "loves" Rarity, but soon a new feeling has come, hatred. He starts pulling cruel pranks on her, messing up her dresses and throwing cake at her with comments like 

Spike: Take that fatty! 

Spike: (nasty chuckle) You should see the look, on your ugly, stupid face! (Falls over and laughs)

Edited by Karnak