Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hello Everyone!

Rixton

(edited)

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

How did you find MLP Forums?

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

Hello Everyone!

My name is Rixton, I'm a 2D/3D (but mostly 3D) artist, proven by that in the past years I nearly didn't make any drawings, just renders/animations in the MLP world. I just, don't have the spirit for it. Currently I'm working on a short series (but because I'm alone with it, production is very slow).
A picture of my OC is attached to the post, he originally is an earth pony, later he crafted a tech horn, however it is not as good as natural unicorns have. Yeah it's a render...

Here is my youtube channel, go there at your own risk:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SharktowRixton/videos

IRL I'm a mechanical engineer, my two main hobbies are 3D (wow, you don't say man), and mechanical/electrical stuff, I have a long-going project: building a small 4-wheel robot. If everything will goes on well, this autumn I will study electrical engineering.
I'm following the show since 2014, and somewhere I feel sad about the upcoming end of the G4.

My favorite mane 6 pony: Uh, it's hard to tell it, I like all of them for something.
How did you find MLP forums: Google.
How did you become a fan of My Little Pony:
Well, it started with a crazy gmod play with my friend...wait...isn't all gmod time crazy? Anyway, he was already a fan of MLP, he showed me the pony models, and then the first two episodes...and
I realized it's not what skeptic people say about it.

And...it is all I guess.
I hope I will find some good friends here!

Rixton.png

Edited by Rixton
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)

Welcome to this place that ... can't ... be describe except rainbow? And friendship?

The only friendship I know is with my weapons, actually.

And you just happen to be what I want to be (a little), a 3D artist/programmer in the video game! I just need to not screw up my finals.

Anyway, Welcome!

BTW, I'm a SFM artist (an amateur, actually) I try to make more scenes with my characters.

5af46ed9af694_OCleroy.thumb.png.58063efd63201c1f1db87d819abea25a.png

Edited by Salty French Unicorn
  • Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Rixton said:

I'm following the show since 2014, and somewhere I feel sad about the upcoming end of the G4.

^Omg, people keep mentioning this but never specifying >.< When is FiM ending? Can you provide any sources please? Sorry to press, but several other newcomers have said the same thing and I have yet to be able to confirm it Q.Q

Otherwise, welcome to the forums /)^3^(\ Artists are always appreciated here~<3

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Kai-rouken said:

^Omg, people keep mentioning this but never specifying >.< When is FiM ending? Can you provide any sources please? Sorry to press, but several other newcomers have said the same thing and I have yet to be able to confirm it Q.Q

Otherwise, welcome to the forums /)^3^(\ Artists are always appreciated here~<3

We don't know for sure, but leaks (which have previously been reliable) have suggested that S9 would be the last, and that a reboot of the franchise is being planned.

Of course, that could all change; the series was in line to be cancelled after S3 (which was a short season to meet the syndication count) and yet, here we are in S8....

• Brohoof 3

Just now, CypherHoof said:

We don't know for sure, but leaks (which have previously been reliable) have suggested that S9 would be the last, and that a reboot of the franchise is being planned.

Of course, that could all change; the series was in line to be cancelled after S3 (which was a short season to meet the syndication count) and yet, here we are in S8....

^Thank you very much lol. And that is a very good point about S3, didn't even think of that myself :o 

• Brohoof 1

Thank you all!

Twilight Sparkle is best, I now use blender, but started with SFM. Some times I still open it.

Salty French Unicorn, I wouldn't call myself a programmer, can do some stuff, but others would likely kick my ass in a comparison.  Anyway, everyone starts from the zero level, don't blame yourself of being "amateur". Just don't stress!

Kai-rouken, I read it on EQD, it seams correct, but nobody knows what the future will bring. Not taken any negative things.

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, Rixton said:

Thank you all!

Twilight Sparkle is best, I now use blender, but started with SFM. Some times I still open it.

Salty French Unicorn, I wouldn't call myself a programmer, can do some stuff, but others would likely kick my ass in a comparison.  Anyway, everyone starts from the zero level, don't blame yourself of being "amateur". Just don't stress!

Kai-rouken, I read it on EQD, it seams correct, but nobody knows what the future will bring. Not taken any negative things.

Cool no problem what blender

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle is best said:

Cool no problem what blender

I always use the latest release of it, sometimes it hits my leg...new bugs! Before changing backup....backup....backup....

Do you (I mean all of you) have a place with more renders?

• Brohoof 1

Welcome to MLPF, Rixton! It's great to see more people finding our little corner of the internet here. Enjoy your time here and please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. ^ ^

Welcome to the MLP Forums, Rixton~! :grin: It's great to have you here!

Oh, and I wouldn't worry about Generation 4 ending; it will still be here, as well as the community which brought the series this far. :fluttershy: Sure, it will be a shame that no new episodes or merchandise will be released.... but nothing lasts forever.

Regardless, have a great time out there, my dude~! :squee: I'm looking forward to seeing you around!

• Brohoof 2

Hello there!

You have interesting hobbies I gotta admit. I only toy with 2D stuff, for now at least.

Nice to meet you and welcome to the herd! :)

• Brohoof 2

Hello and welcome! ^_^ I like your pony, I have to say that it's pretty creative! :squee: Good luck on your studies with Electrical Engineering this fall, I hope you succeed in the course! :rarity: Anyways, enjoy your stay here and have fun! :icwudt:

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Rikifive said:

Hello there!

You have interesting hobbies I gotta admit. I only toy with 2D stuff, for now at least. 

Nice to meet you and welcome to the herd! :)

Thank you! To be honest, my fiends told me that I should keep drawing, but..."but I didn't listen" ? Somewhere I didn't have the patience for it....however duildiung up a scene in 3D takes almost the same time, and for I had it. Weird of me....

31 minutes ago, Wannabrony said:

Hello and welcome! ^_^ I like your pony, I have to say that it's pretty creative! :squee: Good luck on your studies with Electrical Engineering this fall, I hope you succeed in the course! :rarity: Anyways, enjoy your stay here and have fun! :icwudt:

I'm happy you like my alter-ego! It's just a cape and glasses btw :derp:

• Brohoof 2

Welcome to our forums. That is a pretty interesting hobby you have there. I am currently in college studying Networking while my hobbies are games, and music (either creating or listening).

Hope you have fun here! :fluttershy:

8 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

Welcome to our forums. That is a pretty interesting hobby you have there. I am currently in college studying Networking while my hobbies are games, and music (either creating or listening).

Hope you have fun here! :fluttershy:

Aaa...music. I was never been able to make any, nor play on any instrument.
Networking is also a nice study! We just got an issue at work with two switches connected with two network cables. Guess what face our IT colleague had:lol: Something like this: :angry:
Hope you will succeed with your studies!