Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Evidence that Fluttershy kills animals

Smokin'HotRarity

Man, this reminds me of the rage i had when i saw MMMMystery on the Friendship Express. Fluttershy, Kindness. STEALS CAKE, despite knowing how much it meant to the cakes. Ive gotten over that somehow, but this is similar. Characters do stuff against thier persona.

Ah, you mean not kind to animals, kinda what I thought. Well I just don't know about that, so she takes care of some carnivores? Really not that big of a deal imo, I'm sure as an animal caretaker she fully understands the food chain and accepts it. :P

I'm inclined to agree with SBB64 here. Fluttershy could hardly be considered a serious animal caretaker if she didn't have even a basic understanding of the food chain and various animals' diets.

Animals that eat other animals aren't inherently cruel for it. The predation and subsequent consumption of prey is a completely natural action for carnivores that is necessary for their survival. Considering how many carnivorous animals we see Fluttershy and other ponies living with, it's only fair to assume that ponies are familiar with and accustomed to the idea that not all inhabitants of their world are herbivores.

Pets are quite popular with ponies, so it's possible that a pet food industry exists and the fish are indeed store-bought. I don't see any reason to think that ponies are incapable of killing fish so they can feed it to their pets, even if they have no biological need for it themselves. Even if Fluttershy herself is psychologically incapable of fishing (this point is debatable), I'm sure there are plenty of ponies who are.

• Brohoof 9

Ugh, I have to do this again. Ok, 2nd rnd, no grmmr.

Mammals have less spawn, feed mammals, this case otters, spahwn moar otterz. Fishies hvee numerous eggs. Lifecyclye, balances, blah blah blah, Fluttershy was giving nature a nudges. Gawd, get over the grmmr, I WILL NOT write the 1st again. It was a brilliant masterpiece or logic and deductive reasoning with a bit of whining about someone else.

In the very end, Fshy was feed ottrs to spd nature. I'm not coming back to this topic anymore. To those of you who read the first, expand upon the ideas mentioned here. I have me some whining to do.

Urgh, so, basically, whilst my post was gone, everypony jacked my premise. Thanks, ???.

Well, in other news, yes, I agree with the above (b/c it's nearly the exact same). Here's food 4 thought. All businesses prosper of another's demise and harships. Such as a roofer can only make $$$ if someone's roof fails. The otter can only eat if another fish fails.

(edited)

maybe there's Swedish Fish candy in Equestria. Delicious but they stick in your teeth worse than gum.

Got stuck to my teeth before I got braces, afterwards, took me so much longer to get the debris out.

Edited by Prince Dusk

(edited)

A worm is (cognitively) comparable to a plant, even in worms that do have a brain, (most don't) it does very little and there is no reason to believe that they are even capable of feeling pain.

Regardless, It would not be reasonable to prevent animals from eating what it eats in nature.

EDIT:This is very relevant:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRSLQu-d6ZQ[/media]

Edited by I_wesley125

All the animals in Equestria seem to exhibit some form of higher brain function. Maybe it's just a case of fish don't. Fish are fish in any of the multiverse. You put them in tanks and look at them, or eat them.

A worm is (cognitively) comparable to a plant, even in worms that do have a brain, (most don't) it does very little and there is no reason to believe that they are even capable of feeling pain.

Regardless, It would not be reasonable to prevent animals from eating what it eats in nature.

EDIT:This is very relevant:

[media=]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRSLQu-d6ZQ[/media]

The worm brain is a cerebral ganglion, every type of roundworm, which was what she was "killing", had. Worms are obviously sensitive to touch, so I imagine it would be safe to presume that it can feel pain. Besides, this brings into question her ability as a caretaker for giving baby birds worms in that fashion.

A True Lover Of Animals, Served Raw

Fluttershy's taste for meat is one of those dirty little secrets the ponies would rather we not know. But thanks to shocking photographic proof, her carnivorous dark side has been exposed for all of Equestria to see.

Referring to the fish mentioned in the OP, Fluttershy would have us believe they're only for her ferret friends. But it seems they aren't the only creatures with fish on the menu. Consider this example, taken by paparazzi using a telephoto lens.

post-2150-0-82352800-1337970118.jpg

Exhibit A: Fluttershy keeps the biggest fish for herself.

But Fluttershy's true carnivorous impulses bubbled to the surface for all to see at none other than the Grand Galloping Gala.

post-2150-0-06016400-1337970676.jpg

Exhibit B: Fluttershy says they "taste just like chicken".

post-2150-0-41039000-1337969696.jpg

Exhibit C: Fluttershy adds "Squirrel Tartare" to the Gala menu.

In light of this indisputable proof, her love for animals assumes a more sinister cast. Fluttershy does love animals. With a dash of salt for flavor.

Granted, Fluttershy is a kind, good-hearted pony. But nonetheless, beneath that gentle facade lurks a ravenous, savage beast whose thirst for blood must ever be slaked.

Which poor animal is next?

post-2150-0-21532400-1337972040.jpg

Exhibit D: Fluttershy fattens up the livestock.

Only Fluttershy knows for sure...

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

She also feeds 3 birds each a worm, which is fine. Birds eat worms, so she feeds them worms, otters eat fish, so she feeds them fish. She's taking care of her animals by feeding them the food they need to eat to survive, and that involves killing other animals to do it. It's part of nature, it shows she cares about her animals by feeding them the right kind of food. I don't see what the issue is here. When I watched the episode, I never paid attention to that beginning scene. Hmm, my respect for Fluttershy just went up, it shows she loves nature and animals but is willing to hunt other animals to feed her meat-eating pets. Fluttershy just got 20% more interesting in my eyes :D

while she may not have fished for them herself

She's seen jumping into the water under her bridge then appearing with fish in her mouth in front of the otters, so she did actually.

Edited by Pegasus25

This is a world where ponies killed nature, evolution, entropy, and chaos in order to make a sort of utopia. Animals outside Everfree are completely helpless. It wouldn't surprise me if ponies made carnivorousness much less common (how can Gummy eat meat?).

Man, this reminds me of the rage i had when i saw MMMMystery on the Friendship Express. Fluttershy, Kindness. STEALS CAKE, despite knowing how much it meant to the cakes. Ive gotten over that somehow, but this is similar. Characters do stuff against thier persona.

It just means that she's not completely 1-dimensional for the sake of staying true to her element, it gives her depth, just because she's the element of kindness doesn't mean she's always kind. She's kind at heart, but can sometimes do things that aren't kind. That and, she felt bad and apologized for it afterwards, showing true to her element.

Well of course she has to feed the various carnivores in her care, so its nice to see that its acknowledged in the show, though I do imagine she'd avoid killing animals for fodder.

Some of her pets probably go hunting in the forrest (I'd imagine the area around her cottage is a "no eating each other" zone).

Another thought: Did Fluttershy ever have to put a sick /old animal down? (Now that would be an episode)

• Brohoof 1

The worm brain is a cerebral ganglion, every type of roundworm, which was what she was "killing", had. Worms are obviously sensitive to touch, so I imagine it would be safe to presume that it can feel pain. Besides, this brings into question her ability as a caretaker for giving baby birds worms in that fashion.

It is only a reflex, their brain is so limited that I would not even consider it cruel to hurt them.

I don't think they are capable of consciousness.

• Brohoof 1

This is a world where ponies killed nature, evolution, entropy, and chaos in order to make a sort of utopia. Animals outside Everfree are completely helpless. It wouldn't surprise me if ponies made carnivorousness much less common (how can Gummy eat meat?).

Pinkie chews the meat up and regurgitates it into Gummy's mouth, like any good momma bird would.

(I just made myself gag a tiny bit.)

Pinkie chews the meat up and regurgitates it into Gummy's mouth, like any good momma bird would.

(I just made myself gag a tiny bit.)

I just HAD to read this post while eating my dinner :(

It's quite shocking really. I went from watching Friendship is Witchcraft episode 3 to My Little Pony episode 7 and the beginnings were not different.

It's quite shocking when you notice it.

In the beginning of MY LITTLE PONY EPISODE 7 DRAGONSHY FLUTTERSHY IS SEEN CARRYING 2 DEAD FISH SHE PRESUMABLY KILLED. SHE ALSO KILLED SEVERAL WORMS TO FEED THE BIRDS.

I don't know if I will ever recover from this.

Please tell me this is a joke. Last I checked, birds eat worms. That's just the way (˙˙˙spuɐɥ ɹno ɥsɐʍ ǝʍ) the world works. And it's not like these are disturbing or graphic depictions of Fluttershy horribly mutilating a poor, innocent creature. She's holding a dead fish. You are WAAAAAYYY overreacting to this.

• Brohoof 1

I highly doubt Fluttershy can take care of animals without understanding the food chain. Also, most fish run on instinct and have as much a capacity for love and emotion as your average rock. you don't feel bad cracking a rock, do you?

• Brohoof 1