Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Evidence that Fluttershy kills animals

Smokin'HotRarity

This is how it is.. she walked up to the lake and was all like cute and said, " Can I use you as bird food.. if its.. okay with you ofcourse". And they gave their life up to feed the birds to help Fluttershy out.

So Fluttershy never killed them. ;)

As The Worm Turns...

Despite breaking the shocking exposé that proves Fluttershy eats meat, I do think it's only fair to point out that the worms she fed the birds in Dragonshy were almost certainly alive at the time.

Thus, though she is known to eat fish, baby ducks and squirrels, there isn't enough evidence to add Vermicide to Fluttershy's rap sheet.

However, since she did aid and abet the eating of worms, a jury might hand down an Accessory to Vermicide conviction if it ever went to trial.

Considering Fluttershy's connections to powerful ponies and the unlikelihood of the worms' surviving relatives pressing charges, however, she will probably never be brought to justice.

Uh-oh, it looks like people forgot their circle of life lesson...that will not do.

Mufasa: Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance. As king, you need to understand that balance and respect all the creatures, from the crawling ant to the leaping antelope.

Young Simba: But, Dad, don't we eat the antelope?

Mufasa: Yes, Simba, but let me explain. When we die, our bodies become the grass, and the antelope eat the grass. And so we are all connnected in the great Circle of Life.

• Brohoof 2

Its simple, FS is a member of PETA and kills animals to give an excuse that she cares for them! :P

Posted Image

Alright, time to unleash some Pagan spiritual jargon. lol!

There is a flow in nature, like... a circle of life that everyone adheres to. Fluttershy of all ponies, considering her special talent, understands this. She knows that carnivorous animals eat meat, herbivorous animals eat plants, and omnivorous animals eat both. Fluttershy cares for her animals in adherence to the circle of life. This doesn't mean that she doesn't love each and every single animal.

However, she knows how the flow works and which animals it effects.

Also, what is worse? Killing a few animals to feed many, or letting a few animals live and destroying the ecosystem by starving many others?

It surely isn't done out of cruelty. Only out of an understanding of nature and its ways. That's why Fluttershy is so good at what she does!

(edited)

Fluttershy could easily have purchased bird food, or collected worms which had already died, and fish from the Ponyville market. I'm sure she would want to be certain their ends were as humane as possible. Given that Fluttershy is so well acquainted with nature, it's difficult to believe she wouldn't understand the concept of a food chain and the necessity, if unfortunate, of some creatures dying in order to feed others.

To take another perspective, would Fluttershy force a carnivore (e.g., a cat) to eat food which could not satisfy its nutritional needs? I doubt she would. If there is any form of meat industry in Equestria, the ponies would gear it toward "recycling" animals which had died of natural causes to feed other animals incapable of maintaining a vegetarian diet. Fluttershy would probably understand that fairly well.

Edited by Thereisnospoon303
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

f14fgi6.png

Fluttershy: "I'm so sorry, little fishies, but the ferrets do need to eat. I will make this quick and painless for you though. It's the least I can do. (sigh) Loving animals so much can be so heartbreaking sometimes."?

I don't see what the big deal is with that?

This just show's that Fluttershy respects the balance of nature. That animals to live need to eat other animals. It would be wrong if she tried to make them eat things that was not part of their diet. If anything we should be glad she does this.

It's a catch 22... Either she is kind to the fish and let's the otters starve... Or is kind to the otters and gives them the food they need... A true animal caretaker knows that sometimes sacrifices have to be made... You can't change the circle of life... Animals eat other animals... It's just a fact of nature... Fluttershy understands that although she may be a herbivore... Some of her pets will eat animals...