Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who would win a conventional war, USA or Russia

Brobot

1 hour ago, Thorgir the Mighty said:

USA,Russia would put up a fight but USA could take em.

We did it before and we’ll do it again!

Did what before? We never actually fought Russia, at least not directly. In both World Wars where imperial Russia/USSR was involved, they were fighting on the same side as the US was. And during the Cold War, the US and USSR only conducted proxy wars and their soldiers rarely if ever actually clashed with each other.  

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Anneal said:

Did what before? We never actually fought Russia, at least not directly. In both World Wars where imperial Russia/USSR was involved, they were fighting on the same side as the US was. And during the Cold War, the US and USSR only conducted proxy wars and their soldiers rarely if ever actually clashed with each other.  

Yeah that’s my fault,I meant the Germans. But we’d still be able to beat the Russians

• 10 months later...

Looking at these numbers, it would likely be a protracted stalemate imo, so neither.

US Military:

Power Index rating: 0.0857
Total population: 323,995,528
Total military personnel: 2,363,675
Total aircraft: 13,762
Fighter aircraft: 2,296
Combat tanks: 5,884
Total naval assets: 415 (19 aircraft carriers)
Defense budget: $587.8 billion

Russian Military:

Power Index rating: 0.0929
Total population: 142,355,415
Total military personnel: 3,371,027
Total aircraft strength: 3,794
Fighter aircraft: 806
Combat tanks: 20,216
Total naval assets: 352 (one aircraft carrier)
Defense budget: $44.6 billion

• Brohoof 1

I have a little knowledge of the present day Military status for both the Russia and the US. However, to correct those who say the US have a better technology than the Russia, I will point this out that it's false. Over the years from ww1-ww2 both the Germans' and the Russians' (mainly the Germans) technology and biotech advanced in so many level compared to the US. The only great thing about the US technology now (from what I know) is their Nuke.  

Alright back to the topic, since I do not know much of the modern status, I going to go back to the history by discussing the battle of Berlin and the Battle of the Bulge and try to make a educated guess.  First off, I'm surprise no one mention about "it depends where the battle would takes place" That's crucial. Russia has a high advantage in their home base. So with that and their technology they will have good chance to beat the US. Like how the Vietnam defeated the US, home-base's advantage. Moreover, the Russia ended the European against the Germans in the battle of the Berlin, due to their successful tactic skills.

Now onto the US's advantage. In the battle of the Bulge, the US could've lost against the Germans, if it wasn't for the German lack of supplies such as fuels. The Germans weapons against the US is far superior, but unfortunately, low in supplies. Also their tactic wasn't good enough, to use the supplies more wisely as the US. The US won due to be able to attack the Germans at their most valuable moment. The US tactic to bomb their supplies, was therefore a turn point. The US cannot take down the japan, thus they have no choice but to Nuke them.

Therefore, US against the Russia will not be like a walk in the park if you would compared their battle to be like US vs Vietnam and Vs the Japan.

US would win against Russia, because US is more careful in using their supplies and if they decided to Nuke them if that has to come to that since the Russian is quite persistent as the Japan. Judging how they fought against the Germans. The Russians would win against the US due to home field advantage plus higher advanced technology.

Overview, that's all depends upon what I just said.

• Brohoof 1