Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favourite fan songs?

Ezynell

• 2 months later...

Good evening, everypony!

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I would like some assistance finding the songs in a MLPFIM mix that was removed from YouTube some years ago. I have attached the file I pulled from online. I'm mostly looking for the title and the artist of the first song in the mix, I know it is likely a remix of Winter Wrap Up, but there are honestly too many of those to count ( it was a really catchy song). IT sounds like it has vocal chops of the producer's voice in there as well. If anypony can point me in the right direction Id be very grateful as I've been looking for this song for years on it's own.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So many choices! (and such riches aplenty).

This fandom has produced a prodigious amount of excellent songs, but for me there are two artists that stand out particularly, and neither of them will be surprising or controversial to most people. The first being Prince Whateverer, whom I was lucky enough to see perform 'Between Fairytales and Happy Endings' (among others) at UK Ponycon a few years back. I was happy to find his work on Bandcamp and bought his entire back catalogue which has been on my MP3 player ever since.

The other, who takes the top spot for me, would have to be Ponyphonic. Perhaps not the most prolific musician in the fandom but responsible for some really great songs that I've bought from Bandcamp and listen to regularly. 'The Moon Rises' is easily one of my favourite songs, and not just MLP related ones at that.

I'm sure everyone can tell what that leaves for the top spot. 'Lullaby for a Princess' is a genuinely beautiful song that can still bring a tear to my eye even all these years later.

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to Favourite fan songs?
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I would say Marcus Warner(Evening Star) is my  favourite composer.His last bow to the fandom Reprise:EP is fantastic,especially Friendship is magic,Land of Equestria and First Flight.Also,Love by Kadenza and 4everfreebrony is great,too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh boy, I am ready at any moment to drown anyone in brony music, but I'll try to restrain myself.

First off, Namii and Koa make absolute bangers, which is why their collab is next level stuff:

I also love Namii's other covers, The Twilight Will Rise, A Final Twilight, and Awesome As I wanna be

From Koa, her entire Rainbow Disaster Pop (RDP) and In Your Eyes albums

4EverFreeBrony is of course also great, with some crazy covers in Copycat 2 and songs like Save MeWhat Went WrongHallelujah (ok its a parody, whatever), and more

Finally, Solidarity is of course a freakin' anthem

• Party! 1

1 hour ago, MidnightFire1222 said:

Can't get links, but some of my favorite fan songs include: Lullaby for a Princess, Daddy Discord, Don’t Mine at Night, that one Discord some by Living Tombstone,  and some others I can't remember names to at the moment.

Lullaby for a Princess is so good. I had an idea of doing a Colt version, like I saw someone do back in the day with "This Day Aria". It's just so poignant.

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Hadrien said:

Lullaby for a Princess is so good. I had an idea of doing a Colt version, like I saw someone do back in the day with "This Day Aria". It's just so poignant.

Ah that was another good one! I couldn't remember the name of 'This Day Aria'.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

aviators are old fans of MLP who write new songs about different subjects, but who I still think as pony artists. 

Human minds frail and scared
Freed by death, and death is fair
Hopeless souls play a part
In my wicked work of art such relief
Every time taking life, to take what's mine
At the end here we lie
Here we're killers or we die

full.jpg