Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

8 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"We may not need to fix what isn't broken, but it is a good idea to enhance what could be improved upon. As for mental weakness, I should probably correct you. The wyverns are using their head instead of their physical strength. Many other types of dragons focus more on physical strength over mental strength."

Somnus was NOT calling Ruby mentally weak, he just giving a reason why wyverns would actually be mentally strong.

"I don't mean that." Ruby corrected "I'm saying they are weak-minded." "Not unlike you ponies." "Ready to move in herds with someone else telling them what to do, they are acting like prey." as a species that used their intelligent in combat, she didn't even think that Somnus could be suggesting she was mentally weak.

2 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

Rose nodded as she agreed with Arrow. This was unfair, and the mare dreamt about proving the Royal Guards are capable of protecting Canterlot and not simple background.

"I remember when the Storm King attacked Canterlot. All units stationed that were stationed in Canterlot were ordered to retreat to different cities. I insisted that we should stay and fight, but the guy in charge didn't listen. I still can't believe that he wasn't kicked out after ordering that retreat. He is a coward."

1 minute ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I remember when the Storm King attacked Canterlot. All units stationed that were stationed in Canterlot were ordered to retreat to different cities. I insisted that we should stay and fight, but the guy in charge didn't listen. I still can't believe that he wasn't kicked out after ordering that retreat. He is a coward."

"Well I actually did kick him out as soon as I found this out. Coward attitude is a no-go with me, remember?"

5 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I don't mean that." Ruby corrected "I'm saying they are weak-minded." "Not unlike you ponies." "Ready to move in herds with someone else telling them what to do, they are acting like prey." as a species that used their intelligent in combat, she didn't even think that Somnus could be suggesting she was mentally weak.

"Ponies are powerful and numbers, so it would be foolish to not use that advantage. The same goes for the wyverns. Only a fool refuses something that would make them stronger. It's why ponies have society, it gives us the ability to live easier, have more resources, and even create armies. Didn't you go to Equestria because you saw that it would give you an advantage?"

3 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"Well I actually did kick him out as soon as I found this out. Coward attitude is a no-go with me, remember?"

"You did? I must've been off duty when it was announced. Hopefully I don't come across him, I'd probably end up punching him in the face."

"Eventually Somnus decided not to listen to the guy and we went to go take back Canterlot. When we got there though, Twilight and her friends were already letting everyone out of the cages. The party afterwards was alright though. Especially when Somnus put soap in the fountain."

11 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Ponies are powerful and numbers, so it would be foolish to not use that advantage. The same goes for the wyverns. Only a fool refuses something that would make them stronger. It's why ponies have society, it gives us the ability to live easier, have more resources, and even create armies. Didn't you go to Equestria because you saw that it would give you an advantage?"

"I don't critique ponies for acting like prey, because you are prey." Ruby pointed out "And there's difference in acting in a herd and acting together." "Hay, I have worked and am currently working with totally different species, but I have and will never surrender as part of your herd." "If you take a group of mice and pack of wolves that are numbered so that they could be considered to be equally powerful, the mice are still weak and wolf are still strong, because if the mice lose numbers, even a little,  they become useless, but you would need to bring the wolf pack down to fraction to it's original size for it to become weak." she looked at Somnus "You ponies are the mice, the Wyverns are the wolves making themselves into mice."

Just now, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I don't critique ponies for acting like prey, because you are prey." Ruby pointed out "And there's difference in acting in a herd and acting together." "Hay, I have worked and am currently working with totally different species, but I have and will never surrender as part of your herd." "If you take a group of mice and pack of wolves that are numbered so that they could be considered to be equally powerful, the mice are still weak and wolf are still strong, because if the mice lose numbers, even a little,  they become useless, but you would need to bring the wolf pack down to fraction to it's original size for it to become weak." she looked at Somnus "You ponies are the mice, the Wyverns are the wolves making themselves into mice."

"I guess neither of us will change our outlook on this, so we should change the subject while we're ahead."

He decided to ask Ruby a question.

"Why did you save me from that dragon earlier?"

18 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I guess neither of us will change our outlook on this, so we should change the subject while we're ahead."

He decided to ask Ruby a question.

"Why did you save me from that dragon earlier?"

"I still don't know for sure." Ruby admitted "Like I told you back then, my instincts just took over." "My only guess is that something in me wanted to protect you, the same something that makes me tolerate you enough to not be a jerk."

1 minute ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I still don't know for sure." Ruby admitted "Like I told you back then, my instincts just took over." "My only guess is that something in me wanted to protect you, the same something that makes me tolerate you enough to not be a jerk."

"I've seen things like this before. Ponies tend to be protective towards those they care about, maybe other beings are the same way."

30 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I've seen things like this before. Ponies tend to be protective towards those they care about, maybe other beings are the same way."

"Most creatures do, though only for few it's actually caring about others and more about the survival of bloodline." Ruby replied "But there's always exceptions, and some creatures not normally doing so can become close in a way that you could call it caring for one another. "

11 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Most creatures do, though only for few it's actually caring about others and more about the survival of bloodline." Ruby replied "But there's always exceptions, and some creatures not normally doing so can become close in a way that you could call it caring for one another. "

"Some creature don't really care as much for the bloodline. One example would be domesticated animals. A lot of them will do anything to protect their owners. A prime example would be dogs and cats."

12 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Some creature don't really care as much for the bloodline. One example would be domesticated animals. A lot of them will do anything to protect their owners. A prime example would be dogs and cats."

"That is incorrect." Ruby claimed "If you were to give them a change to continue their bloodline, they would take it, thus they care, they just can't do anything about it." "And the need to protect the owners isn't anything unnatural either." "One reason is the simple fact that you are the source of food for them, and second is because for dogs you're part of the pack, and for cats you're part of the family."

7 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"That is incorrect." Ruby claimed "If you were to give them a change to continue their bloodline, they would take it, thus they care, they just can't do anything about it." "And the need to protect the owners isn't anything unnatural either." "One reason is the simple fact that you are the source of food for them, and second is because for dogs you're part of the pack, and for cats you're part of the family."

"Arrow has a pug named Stumpy. That dog loves everyone. And I wonder what part of the pack dogs see their owner as."

2 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Arrow has a pug named Stumpy. That dog loves everyone. And I wonder what part of the pack dogs see their owner as."

"There's always exceptions like I said." Ruby simply stated "And it really depends what type of owner it is, if you set clear rules and are clearly the one in lead, you're the alfa of the pack, but if the dog is in control, you are their inferior."

12 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"There's always exceptions like I said." Ruby simply stated "And it really depends what type of owner it is, if you set clear rules and are clearly the one in lead, you're the alfa of the pack, but if the dog is in control, you are their inferior."

"Dogs are easy to understand. I'm not sure if I'll ever understand what a cat is thinking. Some are really nice while others are really mean. Why do they like knocking things off tables?"

Right after Somnus asked that, a hawk feather came through the window. He grabbed some string from is bag and tied it to the feather, then had the feather hang above Calti to see if she would go after it.

17 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Dogs are easy to understand. I'm not sure if I'll ever understand what a cat is thinking. Some are really nice while others are really mean. Why do they like knocking things off tables?"

Right after Somnus asked that, a hawk feather came through the window. He grabbed some string from is bag and tied it to the feather, then had the feather hang above Calti to see if she would go after it.

"That is something I can't explain, the table thing I mean, the mean and nice things are pretty obvious, they are just different, it's no different from there being nice ponies and mean ponies." Ruby replied.

At first Calti just lazily stared at the feather, then Somnus, then back at the feather, she then lazily hit it, looked at it, hit it again, and looked at Somnus with a expression that indicated she was waiting for something. 

12 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"That is something I can't explain, the table thing I mean, the mean and nice things are pretty obvious, they are just different, it's no different from there being nice ponies and mean ponies." Ruby replied.

At first Calti just lazily stared at the feather, then Somnus, then back at the feather, she then lazily hit it, looked at it, hit it again, and looked at Somnus with a expression that indicated she was waiting for something. 

"I guess it make sense."

Somnus looked at the cat. He noticed that the cat probably didn't care much about the feather.

"Maybe she prefers lasers."

18 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I guess it make sense."

Somnus looked at the cat. He noticed that the cat probably didn't care much about the feather.

"Maybe she prefers lasers."

"Try moving it around instead of just holding in place." Ruby suggested "Cat's like to chase after things, so feather that stays in the same place isn't necessary that interesting." "And it's clear she is expecting something from you, can't you see how she looks at you?"

32 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Try moving it around instead of just holding in place." Ruby suggested "Cat's like to chase after things, so feather that stays in the same place isn't necessary that interesting." "And it's clear she is expecting something from you, can't you see how she looks at you?"

Somnus tried moving the feather around to see if the cat would react.

"So cats chase things because they are predators, but if someone were to try hold a feather above you, I doubt you'd chase it. Honestly, something tells me you'd be more likely to eat whoever is holding the feather."

12 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus tried moving the feather around to see if the cat would react.

"So cats chase things because they are predators, but if someone were to try hold a feather above you, I doubt you'd chase it. Honestly, something tells me you'd be more likely to eat whoever is holding the feather."

Calti started chasing around the feather when it started moving.

"I wouldn't, but if you did it when I was still a hatchling, I probably would have chased it around." Ruby explained "The reason why predators play around like that is to practice their skills, so it's not far fetched idea that I would also play around if I didn't already know how to hunt well."

3 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Calti started chasing around the feather when it started moving.

"I wouldn't, but if you did it when I was still a hatchling, I probably would have chased it around." Ruby explained "The reason why predators play around like that is to practice their skills, so it's not far fetched idea that I would also play around if I didn't already know how to hunt well."

"It's not really often that domesticated cats really hunt. Usually their favorite thing to eat is wet catfood, which I don't understand since it tastes disgusting."

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"It's not really often that domesticated cats really hunt. Usually their favorite thing to eat is wet catfood, which I don't understand since it tastes disgusting."

"Sure they don't hunt, but it doesn't meant they don't have the instinct to hunt. It is something build into them, they have the instinct to hunt small animals even if they never see a small animal." Ruby pointed out "And why they like that is simply because they taste differently, like I do compared to you, I absolutely love bloody raw meat, but I assure you that you would most likely throw up on the first bite, or a lick on that matter."

13 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Sure they don't hunt, but it doesn't meant they don't have the instinct to hunt. It is something build into them, they have the instinct to hunt small animals even if they never see a small animal." Ruby pointed out "And why they like that is simply because they taste differently, like I do compared to you, I absolutely love bloody raw meat, but I assure you that you would most likely throw up on the first bite, or a lick on that matter."

"Raw? Lucid is a poquus, which eats plants and animals. He likes his meat cooked."

"Is there an animal that you wouldn't eat?"

2 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Raw? Lucid is a poquus, which eats plants and animals. He likes his meat cooked."

"Is there an animal that you wouldn't eat?"

"Well I'm not poquus or whatever, I'm a dragon." Ruby simply stated 

"And not really, there isn't anything I don't eat, I don't really like fish, but I wouldn't say I wouldn't eat it." she then explained 

Just now, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Well I'm not poquus or whatever, I'm a dragon." Ruby simply stated 

"And not really, there isn't anything I don't eat, I don't really like fish, but I wouldn't say I wouldn't eat it." she then explained 

"I know that you wouldn't eat a cat since you really like cats. Plus Arrow would kill you if you ate a kitten. Or a puppy. Especially if that puppy happens to be Stumpy."

"I know this one guy who tried to steal Stumpy, and Arrow made sure the guy would be eating through a straw for a while."