Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

2 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Remember fighting your mother? Imagine fighting legions of them with the same durability. Since it's armor, there should be weak spots to aim for."

Somnus prepared himself for a fight. 

"If our side ends up retreating, don't expect me to retreat also."

"why are you telling that to me?" "You know I won't back down from a fight, so why do you think I think you would retreat." "If the weaklings decide to retreat, I will take all of the treasure." "After all, I own the town if I'm the only one in it."

1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"why are you telling that to me?" "You know I won't back down from a fight, so why do you think I think you would retreat." "If the weaklings decide to retreat, I will take all of the treasure." "After all, I own the town if I'm the only one in it."

"I don't know about that. They could end of canceling the deal and you would only have one treasury's worth of gems. Yes, you get paid in halves, though two halves equal one whole. If you defend and attack multiple cities, you get many halves and therefore get more gems. So, if you do manage to beat an army on your own, it would be best to notify the militia."

Not that he thought Ruby could take on an army of armored wyverns by herself.

16 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I don't know about that. They could end of canceling the deal and you would only have one treasury's worth of gems. Yes, you get paid in halves, though two halves equal one whole. If you defend and attack multiple cities, you get many halves and therefore get more gems. So, if you do manage to beat an army on your own, it would be best to notify the militia."

Not that he thought Ruby could take on an army of armored wyverns by herself.

"If they leave their treasure behind, it's mine until someone can forcibly take it from me." Ruby stated "If they don't fight, they don't deserve a price." "And really, if they can't defend their own town, it's very likely they can't take over any more either, so it's not like i would get more in that situation anyways."

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:44 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"If they leave their treasure behind, it's mine until someone can forcibly take it from me." Ruby stated "If they don't fight, they don't deserve a price." "And really, if they can't defend their own town, it's very likely they can't take over any more either, so it's not like i would get more in that situation anyways."

"They will. You can count on that."

It wasn't long until fighting could be heard. A heavily armored wyvern went into the treasury, probably to see if anyone was there.

"There really is one of your kind."

2 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"They will. You can count on that."

It wasn't long until fighting could be heard. A heavily armored wyvern went into the treasury, probably to see if anyone was there.

"There really is one of your kind."

"Oh, I'm famous." Ruby said "Or infamous...whatever." she then straight away went for an attack, and since wings and neck were armored, her next target was the heart and any place where there was important organs closest to the outside. 

28 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Oh, I'm famous." Ruby said "Or infamous...whatever." she then straight away went for an attack, and since wings and neck were armored, her next target was the heart and any place where there was important organs closest to the outside. 

The wyvern did not underestimate Ruby. He predicted her movements and quickly moved his armored wings to the area Ruby would go for. The armor was strong.

"Silly dragon, you have more of a chance of hurting yourself than hurting me."

Somnus knew that he wouldn't be able to get through the armor. Maybe a cannon could do it simply due to the inertia and all that, but he was not equipped with one. He signaled Ruby to keep fighting him so that she could keep him occupied long enough to find a way to take him down.

17 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

The wyvern did not underestimate Ruby. He predicted her movements and quickly moved his armored wings to the area Ruby would go for. The armor was strong.

"Silly dragon, you have more of a chance of hurting yourself than hurting me."

Somnus knew that he wouldn't be able to get through the armor. Maybe a cannon could do it simply due to the inertia and all that, but he was not equipped with one. He signaled Ruby to keep fighting him so that she could keep him occupied long enough to find a way to take him down.

"And I though I would stop hearing that nonsense after I killed my mother." Ruby said back as she didn't stop trying, she observed the armor to see if there was a way to take it off...or well, of course there was a way, but she wanted to know if she could do it. If there wasn't any, she just continued charging and dodging, a closed space like this was like home for her, so she had no trouble moving quickly and agilely there.  

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:23 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"And I though I would stop hearing that nonsense after I killed my mother." Ruby said back as she didn't stop trying, she observed the armor to see if there was a way to take it off...or well, of course there was a way, but she wanted to know if she could do it. If there wasn't any, she just continued charging and dodging, a closed space like this was like home for her, so she had no trouble moving quickly and agilely there.  

The wyvern attempted to bite Ruby. Somnus flew in wyvern form and got the wyvern to bite his own armor.

"That should slow him down."

On 6/19/2019 at 7:55 PM, Lucid_Nightlight said:

The wyvern attempted to bite Ruby. Somnus flew in wyvern form and got the wyvern to bite his own armor.

"That should slow him down."

It was time for Ruby to use her natural ability to feel the presence of bigger lizards to her advantage, she started pushing out smoke until the room was filled with it, making seeing and smelling pretty much impossible, and then she soundlessly sneaked on the wyvern, attacked, and retreated, and she repeated this as many times as she could. Sure this would inconvenience Somnus too, but she was sure he could manage. 

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 2:05 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

It was time for Ruby to use her natural ability to feel the presence of bigger lizards to her advantage, she started pushing out smoke until the room was filled with it, making seeing and smelling pretty much impossible, and then she soundlessly sneaked on the wyvern, attacked, and retreated, and she repeated this as many times as she could. Sure this would inconvenience Somnus too, but she was sure he could manage. 

Somnus was unable to see anything. The wyvern took a few hits, the armor protecting him. After taking a few hits, the wyvern picked up the pattern and used his armored wing to land his own hits.

"Ruby, what's going on over there?"

The smoke was a problem for Somnus.

"Do we really need the smoke? I-"

Somnus was quiet. What could be heard was the door to outside was opened.

"Did you think I was the only one here? Let me let you in on a secret, this city wasn't attacked because we wanted it back. You see, Ruby, we want to capture you and Somnus. One my fellow soldiers have captured Somnus. Ruby, surrender and be captured also."

17 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus was unable to see anything. The wyvern took a few hits, the armor protecting him. After taking a few hits, the wyvern picked up the pattern and used his armored wing to land his own hits.

"Ruby, what's going on over there?"

The smoke was a problem for Somnus.

"Do we really need the smoke? I-"

Somnus was quiet. What could be heard was the door to outside was opened.

"Did you think I was the only one here? Let me let you in on a secret, this city wasn't attacked because we wanted it back. You see, Ruby, we want to capture you and Somnus. One my fellow soldiers have captured Somnus. Ruby, surrender and be captured also."

"If you know anything about my kind, surrender is never an option." "So come and get me." Ruby responded, but though her tone didn't reveal it, she knew she wouldn't be able to hold her own too long, her injuries were taking their toll, and even if she didn't feel pain, she was getting tired, and every hit she had taken made that worse, as much as she hated admitting it, she would lose this battle.

She of course would fight back still, she wasn't kidding when she said surrender wasn't an option, even if they tried to use Somnus, because she knew they wouldn't kill him, since they clearly wanted him for some reason, but she would last only so long, so it wouldn't take that long to get her weak enough that she could be captured, especially if there was more than one of them.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:04 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"If you know anything about my kind, surrender is never an option." "So come and get me." Ruby responded, but though her tone didn't reveal it, she knew she wouldn't be able to hold her own too long, her injuries were taking their toll, and even if she didn't feel pain, she was getting tired, and every hit she had taken made that worse, as much as she hated admitting it, she would lose this battle.

She of course would fight back still, she wasn't kidding when she said surrender wasn't an option, even if they tried to use Somnus, because she knew they wouldn't kill him, since they clearly wanted him for some reason, but she would last only so long, so it wouldn't take that long to get her weak enough that she could be captured, especially if there was more than one of them.

The wyverns entered the room, more were surrounding her with the intent to capture her. They all attacked at once, all protected in armor.

"You're aware we won't kill Somnus, aren't you? That does not mean we can't harm him. And trust me, with him resisting, we are given plenty of reason already."

Outside the treasury, Somnus was still attempting to fight, it wasn't effective though considering Somnus was basically chained with whatever material was used for their armor.

9 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

The wyverns entered the room, more were surrounding her with the intent to capture her. They all attacked at once, all protected in armor.

"You're aware we won't kill Somnus, aren't you? That does not mean we can't harm him. And trust me, with him resisting, we are given plenty of reason already."

Outside the treasury, Somnus was still attempting to fight, it wasn't effective though considering Somnus was basically chained with whatever material was used for their armor.

"I may like him more than anyone else, but I don't care if he gets nonlethal injuries." Ruby would fight until she either went unconscious, got chained, or otherwise couldn't move any more, even when she knew there was no winning this fight "Or well, I do, but only in a way that it gives me more reason to keep fighting." "Because it makes me only want to kill you more." try she may, but she couldn't hide her weakness anymore, it was clear from her voice that she was getting tired and knew she couldn't win.

(edited)
On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:52 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I may like him more than anyone else, but I don't care if he gets nonlethal injuries." Ruby would fight until she either went unconscious, got chained, or otherwise couldn't move any more, even when she knew there was no winning this fight "Or well, I do, but only in a way that it gives me more reason to keep fighting." "Because it makes me only want to kill you more." try she may, but she couldn't hide her weakness anymore, it was clear from her voice that she was getting tired and knew she couldn't win.

The wyverns, seeing that Ruby was weak began to throw chains on her and all at once began to lock her in the chains. Meanwhile with Somnus, he ended up going back into his pony form, making it much easier for the wyverns to get in locked up enough to not be able to resist. A wyvern brought Somnus in, he was struggling, even though there really was nothing he could do at this point.

"Did you get her yet? I caught Somnus."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

11 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

The wyverns, seeing that Ruby was weak began to throw chains on her and all at once began to lock her in the chains. Meanwhile with Somnus, he ended up going back into his pony form, making it much easier for the wyverns to get in locked up enough to not be able to resist. A wyvern brought Somnus in, he was struggling, even though there really was nothing he could do at this point.

"Did you get her yet? I caught Somnus."

Naturally Ruby gave all she had left to stop herself from getting chained up, but that wasn't enough, and at best she may have managed to slow it down by few seconds. She kept struggling after being fully chained up, but that lasted only for a moment before she finally gave up, dropping her glance towards the ground, refusing to look at anyone, to make any sound, or to do anything really, she wouldn't even move herself.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:36 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

Naturally Ruby gave all she had left to stop herself from getting chained up, but that wasn't enough, and at best she may have managed to slow it down by few seconds. She kept struggling after being fully chained up, but that lasted only for a moment before she finally gave up, dropping her glance towards the ground, refusing to look at anyone, to make any sound, or to do anything really, she wouldn't even move herself.

The wyverns took Ruby and Somnus to some place, with a cell.

"What is this? Some prisoner of war camp?"

"I wouldn't really call it that since we don't have places for that. This is more of a holding place to those who are a threat."

Knowing how strong Ruby was, they decided to put them both to a dry well just big enough to put them in, and not close to big enough to fly out of.

"Imagine living there for the rest of your life, thing is, you don't even have to imagine it since that's exactly what will happen."

On 7/24/2019 at 4:19 PM, Lucid_Nightlight said:

The wyverns took Ruby and Somnus to some place, with a cell.

"What is this? Some prisoner of war camp?"

"I wouldn't really call it that since we don't have places for that. This is more of a holding place to those who are a threat."

Knowing how strong Ruby was, they decided to put them both to a dry well just big enough to put them in, and not close to big enough to fly out of.

"Imagine living there for the rest of your life, thing is, you don't even have to imagine it since that's exactly what will happen."

Ruby stayed quiet and unresponsive the whole time things happened, and in the well she wasn't any more active, as she only took the most comfortable position she could and stayed like that. Being in a hole didn't bother her because she was in her real form, and though she heard full well the Wyvern's taunt, she didn't show any reaction to it at all.

But even though Ruby acted and looked defeated, she already had an escape plan, she just needed to rest some time to be in shape to fulfill it.

Firstly the chains, she couldn't break them with fire or her body, so she had to do something she despised, use magic, she didn't have a lock opening spell per say, but she knew a sealing spell that if done wrong created a very unstable seal that had a bad habit to explode with enough force to break not only the lock but the container or door too. This of course would injure her too, because her scales couldn't hold a failing spell, but pain was little to pay for freedom. 

Then getting out of the well, she believed it was either small enough that she could climb it up by holding herself between opposite walls, or her claws would be able to penetrate the walls allowing her to just simply climb out.