private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

1 minute ago, Unicorncob said:

"When you win?" Jade repeated, allowing herself a smirk. "You're certainly confident."

She looked at Topaz, then back to Cumulus, then moved back a few paces. "I am."

"Right then, let's have some fun!" Cumulus said.

"Alright, fighters, the match starts now!" Topaz announced.

Cumulus hovered a few feet higher and a swirling ring of flames appeared around his body, starting at the tips of his wings until they fully wrapped around him. The raging fire crackled loudly and gave off a hot breeze of air that Jade could feel from a distance.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

Cumulus hovered a few feet higher and a swirling ring of flames appeared around his body, starting at the tips of his wings until they fully wrapped around him. The raging fire crackled loudly and gave off a hot breeze of air that Jade could feel from a distance.

Jade watched as the fiery ring surrounded Cumulus, and she shook her head from the hot flash of wind.

Close combat won't be a good idea for now, she thought. I should defend until I can spot a weak point.

She shifted her hooves and wings, ready to jump in any direction.

12 minutes ago, reader8363 said:

@Dynamo Pad 

Rose let a grin creep on her face as she listened to what the spell is and how to use it, but it quickly disappeared when she noticed that Jade and Cumulus were just talking. She couldn't hear what they were talking about, but she had a feeling it wasn't good

Dynamo notice the grin that was starting to form on Rose's muzzle. He couldn't help, but smile as he knew he helped his friend out. "I can see that you like the idea of the spell. I'm glad that you approve. I remember that you're still injured, so I thought the spell could help. The spell will last for a while, but not for long." He whispered to Rose, but stopped as he saw that the fight was about to begin.

10 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

4 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade watched as the fiery ring surrounded Cumulus, and she shook her head from the hot flash of wind.

Close combat won't be a good idea for now, she thought. I should defend until I can spot a weak point.

As the match got underway, Dynamo noticed a swirling ring of flames appeared around Cumulus. Dynamo raised an eyebrow as Cumulus had a sort of aura of flames. "That doesn't look good. He literally turned into an actual fireball. It seems like he turn himself into an actual projectile. That, and if he has wind based attacks, then his powers could be stronger. Given how wind can power fire." He noted as he remembered reading a manga that focused on nature elements. 'I hope Jade can figure something out. This Cumulus doesn't seem like he's going to be fooling around in this fight.'

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

The firey pegasus started strafing around Jade, a trail of fire followed behind him from his tail, but he never got close enough to touch her. "Keep on your tips, love, I think we could get some enjoyment out of this. You seem in the right spirits!"

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

The firey pegasus started strafing around Jade, a trail of fire followed behind him from his tail, but he never got close enough to touch her. "Keep on your tips, love, I think we could get some enjoyment out of this. You seem in the right spirits!"

Jade kept her eyes on Cumulus as he jumped around her. As wary as she was about him, it was somewhat refreshing to fight somepony who seemed to just be here for the thrill of battle.

"Setting yourself on fire seems a little counterproductive," she teased, unable to stop herself from smirking. Cumulus's good spirits were certainly infectious.

9 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade kept her eyes on Cumulus as he jumped around her. As wary as she was about him, it was somewhat refreshing to fight somepony who seemed to just be here for the thrill of battle.

"Setting yourself on fire seems a little counterproductive," she teased, unable to stop herself from smirking. Cumulus's good spirits were certainly infectious.

Cumulus circled behind Jade and decided to test the waters. He wanted to see how fast Jade was, so he flew at her and tried to punch her from behind.

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

10 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

@reader8363

As the match began, Dynamo couldn't help in smirking on the battle. "It looks like Jade has found someone that can either understand or relate to her. While I don't want to trust Cumulus. He doesn't really seem all that bad." He sighs and shakes his head. "It's a real shame too. If I didn't use that last of my magic for those two fights and get knocked out, then I would have liked to have fought Cumulus, as well." He says, but continued to watch the fight nonetheless.

20 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

Cumulus circled behind Jade and decided to test the waters. He wanted to see how fast Jade was, so he flew at her and tried to punch her from behind.

He noticed Cumulus circling behind Jade to try and punch her. He wondered what this pony's fighting style was all about. 'Each pony on that team was a criminal, but they each seemed to have a certain profession. The chemist was all about chemistry and science. Patchwork was a doctor and Garnethoof seemed to be a fighter of sorts. Now what kind of profession and battle style does Cumulus and Zerra have?'

• Brohoof 1

29 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

Jade spun around and faced Cumulus, seeing the fireball shoot toward her.

Her hooves and wings shifted and she jumped to the side to avoid the punch, feeling the heat from his hoof inches from her body.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Unicorncob said:

Jade spun around and faced Cumulus, seeing the fireball shoot toward her.

Her hooves and wings shifted and she jumped to the side to avoid the punch, feeling the heat from his hoof inches from her body.

Jade felt a radiating heat sting against her skin when the hoof rushed past her. Cumulus' strike missed and he turned himself around in the air before hovering to a stop. When he stopped moving, the flames swirling around him became smaller.

• Brohoof 1

56 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

Jade felt a radiating heat sting against her skin when the hoof rushed past her. Cumulus' strike missed and he turned himself around in the air before hovering to a stop. When he stopped moving, the flames swirling around him became smaller.

Jade winced from the sting against her skin. Now she was certain that fire was not natural. She would have to avoid them as best she could.

She looked up at Cumulus and saw the flames had gotten smaller. Maybe using fire attacks weakens the fire?

Perhaps I should try and blow out that flame then.

She spread her own wings and took to the air, getting level with Cumulus. "Shall we take this to the sky then?"

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade winced from the sting against her skin. Now she was certain that fire was not natural. She would have to avoid them as best she could.

She looked up at Cumulus and saw the flames had gotten smaller. Maybe using fire attacks weakens the fire?

She spread her own wings and took to the air, getting level with Cumulus. "Shall we take this to the sky then?"

Dynamo watched as Jade took to the sky to be on the same playing field as Cumulus. He noticed that flames that Cumulus had around him had diminished slightly. He wondered why, but was more concerned for Jade. "I hope she knows what she's doing. If she battles in the air or uses air attacks, then that's just giving him the advantage. Using wind against fire and the fire expands and spreads." He wanted to call out to his captain, but there was nothing he could do, but watch and wait. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

23 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

"Lead the way!" Cumulus agreed, but he flew higher first, flying up to the top of the stadium where he could view the entire crowd. He looked down at Jade while the flames swirled around him.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Literally Snails said:

"Lead the way!" Cumulus agreed, but he flew higher first, flying up to the top of the stadium where he could view the entire crowd. He looked down at Jade while the flames swirled around him.

Jade shot up to Cumulus's level again, and glanced up at the nearby clouds. A Pegasus could do a lot with them, from what she'd seen on her travels.

She blinked, getting an idea. She shot further up into the sky, glaring down at Cumulus. Almost like she was challenging him.

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade shot up to Cumulus's level again, and glanced up at the nearby clouds. A Pegasus could do a lot with them, from what she'd seen on her travels.

She blinked, getting an idea. She shot further up into the sky, glaring down at Cumulus. Almost like she was challenging him.

Topaz looked up in the clouds at the two combatants. "It's getting hard to see them up there! But remember, we can keep track of them with our cameras. A pegasus isn't considered out of the ring unless they touch a solid substance other than the ring itself, or fly more than a hundred meters outside of the radius of the arena."

"A challenge it is then!" Cumulus said before darting into the sky after Jade. The faster he went, the stronger the flames billowed around him.

• Brohoof 1

46 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

Topaz looked up in the clouds at the two combatants. "It's getting hard to see them up there! But remember, we can keep track of them with our cameras. A pegasus isn't considered out of the ring unless they touch a solid substance other than the ring itself, or fly more than a hundred meters outside of the radius of the arena."

"A challenge it is then!" Cumulus said before darting into the sky after Jade. The faster he went, the stronger the flames billowed around him.

Jade stopped just beneath the clouds, waiting for Cumulus to reach her. While she swooped around to keep herself a harder target, she went through her basic knowledge of clouds and rain in her head.

• Brohoof 1

39 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade stopped just beneath the clouds, waiting for Cumulus to reach her. While she swooped around to keep herself a harder target, she went through her basic knowledge of clouds and rain in her head.

Cumulus flew straight up until he was just a few feet bellow Jade, then he stopped. He looked around at the forest with his wings lightly fluttering in the breeze. Now this I miss. he thought to himself. Haven't been a free duck for more than too long. And all I have to do is beat that Jade Lotus to get it!

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Cumulus flew straight up until he was just a few feet bellow Jade, then he stopped. He looked around at the forest with his wings lightly fluttering in the breeze. Now this I miss. he thought to himself. Haven't been a free duck for more than too long. And all I have to do is beat that Jade Lotus to get it!

Jade noticed Cumulus glancing around at the surrounding forest, sensing a longing in his eyes. A want for freedom. He certainly didn't seem like the murderous type.

"While we're alone up here," she called to him, "I'm curious; how did you end up on that team? You certainly don't seem like a psychopath."

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade noticed Cumulus glancing around at the surrounding forest, sensing a longing in his eyes. A want for freedom. He certainly didn't seem like the murderous type.

"While we're alone up here," she called to him, "I'm curious; how did you end up on that team? You certainly don't seem like a psychopath."

Cumulus hovered below the clouds and took in a deep breath of fresh air, making the flames swirl around him with renewed strength. "The biggy shopped for us like puppies in a kennel, he did." Cumulus explained, "Pickin' out prisoners he thought would be able to fight. Just so happens he was onto something when he picked me! Haha!" He scratched his nose with a hoof as he surveyed the land. "And as for how I got in the pillary in the first place, well, I'm just not good at makin' friends."

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Cumulus hovered below the clouds and took in a deep breath of fresh air, making the flames swirl around him with renewed strength. "The biggy shopped for us like puppies in a kennel, he did." Cumulus explained, "Pickin' out prisoners he thought would be able to fight. Just so happens he was onto something when he picked me! Haha!" He scratched his nose with a hoof as he surveyed the land. "And as for how I got in the pillary in the first place, well, I'm just not good at makin' friends."

Jade tilted her head, not really convinced that Cumulus was a hardened criminal. "Got into a fight? Wrong place, wrong time?"

She was partly biding her time until some darker clouds got closer to the arena's radius, but she was also truly curious why Cumulus, who didn't seem like that bad a pony, was on such a team full of psychopaths and killers.

• Brohoof 1

51 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade tilted her head, not really convinced that Cumulus was a hardened criminal. "Got into a fight? Wrong place, wrong time?"

She was partly biding her time until some darker clouds got closer to the arena's radius, but she was also truly curious why Cumulus, who didn't seem like that bad a pony, was on such a team full of psychopaths and killers.

Cumulus laughed at that. Jade seemed eager to project innocence on him. "Of course I'm guilty love. I think the count was forty or something. Plus a couple other things the bobbies didn't like, property damage and the like." He turned around and started flying upside down, looking up at Jade. "I'm not here to give you my life story, but I didn't kill anyone who didn't have it coming. I'd say a lot more ponies are alive because of me than dead."

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Literally Snails said:

Cumulus laughed at that. Jade seemed eager to project innocence on him. "Of course I'm guilty love. I think the count was forty or something. Plus a couple other things the bobbies didn't like, property damage and the like." He turned around and started flying upside down, looking up at Jade. "I'm not here to give you my life story, but I didn't kill anyone who didn't have it coming. I'd say a lot more ponies are alive because of me than dead."

"Ah," Jade muttered, frowning with annoyance. So much for pleading to his better nature. She looked at his upside-down face. "It's a shame you couldn't find a less criminal path."

She glanced up at the clouds again for a split second, then back to Cumulus.

• Brohoof 1

48 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

"Ah," Jade muttered, frowning with annoyance. So much for pleading to his better nature. She looked at his upside-down face. "It's a shame you couldn't find a less criminal path."

She glanced up at the clouds again for a split second, then back to Cumulus.

"You can't get to know someone by chatting them up. Let crack this up for real!" He rolled back right-side-up and dashed at Jade with his hooves forward. The flames around him got more intense the faster he flew.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

Rose said as she got up and focused on the referee, Topaz, "Yeah, seemed like she enjoying his company. I'll be right back." She got up and sat down at the wall, while using her magic to grab a bottle out of the bar for her to drink.

Edited by reader8363

8 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"You can't get to know someone by chatting them up. Let crack this up for real!" He rolled back right-side-up and dashed at Jade with his hooves forward. The flames around him got more intense the faster he flew.

"At least we can agree on a few things," Jade retorted, and gave her wings a strong flap to send her up and over the fireball speeding toward her. Beads of sweat broke out on her forehead from the intense heat.

Come on, Jade, think. How do Pegasi create storm clouds?

• Brohoof 1

On 11/30/2018 at 8:21 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

@Snow Frostflame

As Cosmic fired the laser spell, his ears perked as he could hear something flying towards him. He soon turned to see Draco, who was spinning around like a buzz saw. He narrowed his eyes and grit his teeth as he knew taking an attack from Draco would be fatal. He used the teleportation spell to appear next to Frozen and avoid any confrontation. He smirked as he thought that Draco would probably hit Snow, while spinning and flying like a blur. "You two really don't have any teamwork, do you? Frozen and I have known each other since we were in elementary school. So, we know every thought, every plan, every strategy and any counter measure." Frozen adjusted his glasses, before continuing. "Basically, what my teammate is saying is that you can't win. You are basically running in circles. You'll just be wasting your energy, so why even bother trying?" He asks as he prepared to think of their next plan of attack.

"Do you want me to put that on your tombstones?" Frostflame rhetorically says. "Sure I have no idea who Draco O'mally is, and he probably only knows me from urban legends, but that doesn't mean we aren't incapable of dragging your souls to the underworld. Your fancy magic doesn't impress me, you'll soon realize you've bitten off way more than you can chew." Frostflame realizes he's standing by his dud flash bomb, and pulls his enchanted throwing knife out of it. "One more time, I suppose" he says quietly to himself. He keeps it hidden to his side, and charges straight at the duo... waiting for his opening.

• Brohoof 1