Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do people think the Student Six are the new Elements?

FirePuppy

None of the writers, like Vogel and Haber, will NEVER, I repeat NEVER treat the Student Six like if they were the new Elements of Harmony. In fact, those people have never publicly or explicitly stated that they will make the Student Six the new main protagonists.

The level of participation should demonstrate that the overwhelming number of us here need to stop giving an f825 about these students replacing the Mane Six totally. These kind of threads are boring, meaningless 
exercises in speculative thoughts, and I'm getting sick and tired of it. Anyone else share my sentiments?

Even though the writers won't approach those ideas it doesn't mean that we can't approach them. I mean nothing makes our contributions to the shows narrative any less relevant than the writers contributions.

I mean we are all basically the same. Though the writers contributions are counted as 'official' but I think words like official or canon aren't needed in creative environments such as this community. 

People should be free to be able to express their own interpretation of the subject.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, FirePuppy said:

None of the writers, like Vogel and Haber, will NEVER, I repeat NEVER treat the Student Six like if they were the new Elements of Harmony. In fact, those people have never publicly or explicitly stated that they will make the Student Six the new main protagonists.

Well, looking at this logically, I wouldn't expect them to blatantly give away major character arc conclusions like the Mane Six passing the torch. If they did, I think that more people would be more upset than you seem to be at the notion a few actually do feel that this is the direction they are taking. If the show ended now, these people would have a strong argument that those was the purpose of the Student Six, and that the team was taking a page from Lucas in that they were creating characters that "rhyme" with the originals. 

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to Why do people think the Student Six are the new Elements?

I very much perfer them going into the Seventh Element story, so Spike could finally get his well-needed reward for everything he's been through, but if they do the Student 6 elements as well, might be good for them!