Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

EG: Spring Breakout

Steve Piranha

The first half was a little bit boring, it felt it went on for too long while the second half where the interesting things happened felt too short and they wasted a lot of potential, it felt disappointing. However, the special still had a lot of great moments, the comedy was great, and it was fantastic to see SS, sci-twi and dash visit equestria, even if it felt rushed. The special obviously happened  before season 8 as there was no school and spike did not have wings. 

7\10, it was pretty good, the second half was rushed but it had a lot of great moments that makes this special worth the watching, hopefully some fanfiction writers or future specials will use this potential.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Two years after it came out, I finally watched this special. :D

It was okay. I like the outfits that the girls wore on the cruise, but the story wasn't nearly as interesting as Forgotten Friendship or Rollercoaster of Friendship. Rainbow Dash's obsession with searching for evil magic got repetitive and annoying after a while, and the Rarity/Ragamuffin subplot was really weird. I enjoyed the part where Sunset, Twilight and Rainbow went to Equestria, but other than that, Spring Breakdown didn't really bring anything new to the table. The cliffhanger ending was funny, but I would have loved to see what happened afterward.

• 4 weeks later...

It was an okay special with again a surprising amount of pony in it, but this Storm King appearance wasnt much better than in the Movie.

It was solved so quickly that it almost didnt madder. Yeah, nice reference Hasbro, even though it could have just been a normal storm who caused all of this..and it also was more or less just a normal storm.

At least it keeps consistency with the Storm King almost doing nothing.

• 2 months later...

I watched this when it came out, but I guess I never wrote anything about it. Anyways, I liked it. I raised an eyebrow at the Rarity subplot, but everything else was pretty enjoyable. I did also like that they tried linking it to the 2017 movie, but I feel like they could've done a lot more with it. Forgotten Friendship is still my favourite special, but I think this comes as a close second.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2019-03-30 at 10:46 PM, bwrosas said:

So from What I understand, it end on a comedic cliffhanger? 

Hide contents

that ending of them traveling into Equestria to get back home better have a payoff soon on the EQG side of thing.

think Tenderhoofs from FIM, it's not going to mean anything.  Heck EQG Spike transforming into a human teen and human Rarity becoming attractived to him is more likely to happen.

Wished Spike did get a human form

• The topic was pinned