Kevin Tang

General Has anyone here ever taken any language proficiency tests?

In a world which almost has no boundaries anymore, Foreign language such as English is becoming more and more used and significant in both everyday life and educational life.

Usually, when getting into top universities or applying for a job, they usually ask you whether you have any certifications or not for your language skills.

So, TOEFL and IELTS are usually the most common for English, have any of you ever tried taking the test? If so, how was your experience? Are you satisfied with the results?

You can also share your experience about other language proficiency tests, like Delf Dalf(French), JLPT(Japanese), or HSK(Mandarin).

No, not really. Why do I need to take a language profiency test if I know I'm already fairly comptent in speaking, writing, and typing using the langauge. I've had 20 years of practice.

Badges

I have never taken a language proficiency test but I did take two years of German in high school. I managed to learn enough to barely get by if I was vacationing in Germany (asking where something is, giving my name, etc.). I would like to learn another language such as Japanese.

Nope...I see no need. 

Badges

I haven't took a language proficiency test (not got through a foreign language far enough to take one),

Although since I am attempting to learn Russian (and have actually made a YouTube video in it), and hopefully I will learn it to a better level than I can, since my Russian ability is, not so good

Badges

Nope... Not particularly.

Badges