Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Huggo-Buggo Friendship Airship OOC - 1x1

Ashen Pathfinder

Link to RP: https://mlpforums.com/topic/182977-huggo-buggo-friendship-airship-1x1/

This is the OOC/planning thread for the huggo-buggo rp between @~C. Discord~ and @PathfinderCS.

Alrighty, so the biggest, really the only obstacle for this RP is two-fold:

1: Where and when along the timeline are we gonna start

2: How exactly are we going to get from the status quo (Zipper on his airship, and Calor in the hive) to both buggos on the airship

I think the best 'how' is to have Zipper invite Calor to leave his comfort zone and come journey with him and the crew for a few weeks. We just need to figure out how to get to that point from square one, wherever that is.

Well, one thing to keep in mind is that Corsair's group are privateers/corsairs; think of them like Captain Celaeno and her group of parrot pirates from the movie. They make their living either shipping goods from kingdom to kingdom, doing odd jobs for money, and doing requests from various leaders if necessary/appropriate; not to mention providing a convenient vehicle for my other characters adventures.

As such, how about Corsair & crew having to come to the Changeling Kingdom dropping off a shipment of........something, Zipper meets Calor and we go as you suggested.

I figured you took inspiration from the movie, I can definitely see Celaeno's crew when I saw yours. |'3 Might I suggest this remix for inspiration~

I think that'd be amusing. That'd give us a bit of fun in having Thorax and Pharynx interacting with Corsair as they discuss/receive the goods, and Thorax asking Corsair how his buggo boy is, like the concerned dadking he is. Plenty of room for comedy there, just before focusing in on Calor and Zipper. :ph3ar: Question is what goods/services. Buggos are buggos, but they are modernizing. What if Thorax ordered several tons of pillows to line the hive's communal nesting chamber, so everyling has a pillow to sleep on? I remember the dragons whining about not having pillows like ponies do in one of the show's episodes so that's actually valid canon. :orly:

Thorax ordered tons of pillows...Corsair finds it amusing and inquires why, Pharynx drops in and makes fun of Thorax for it, etc, then we go into Calor and Zipper. Calor isn't interested until he sees there's a buggo on board, and then he goes over and decides to learn more about him. The pillows could even be a segway into the whole discussion of physical affection and its role in the modern hive. I'm sure Zipper hasn't heard much about it asides from Thorax's occasional letters.

Well, actually, my idea of Corsair and crew is actually older than the movie....BUT...it did help me cement their position of airship corsairs. :3

Oooo; I like that idea! Corsair will happily converse with King buggo as the pillow-based shipment arrives. Maybe Thorax could say that Ember recommended some pillows or something. :toldya:

So yeah:

1. Corsair's ship is arriving at the Changeling Kingdom and docks.

2. Crew begins to unload 'unusually light' crates.

3. Corsair meets with Thorax; they converse.

4. Somewhere Calor runs into Zipper, they converse, Zipper invites Calor onto the ship

How's that for a general outline? Anything needing changed or any ideas? :3

Just one more step!

5: Calor asks Thorax if he can go with Zipper for a while, be spontaneous. Thorax protests, not wanting to lose a second buggo long-term, but Pharynx gives him a look and he changes his mind. XD

After that they'll take off and everything should be smooth sailing.

• Brohoof 1

I'd say that's a solid addition; gotta have the brotherly buggos doing their thing. :3

2 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

I'd say that's a solid addition; gotta have the brotherly buggos doing their thing. :3

Yus, now just two more things to cover.

On average what RP post lengths do you do? I'd say between 2-4 paragraphs per reply is a good average for me for descriptive scenes, and one paragraph responses being for back and forth dialouge between characters.

Lastly, I assume this is a good breakdown of the character dialouge roles?

Me: Thorax, Pharynx & Calor

You: Zipper, Corsair & Crew

Well, it just depends on what the situation/scene calls for, and what I can contribute. Generally I prefer to be at least somewhat descriptive and use more than two sentences. Most of my role-play experience on the forums is on Equestrian Empire; which is a lot more stringent in post quality. As such I can contribute anywhere from 1 to 3 paragraphs I feel; depending.

And what; that's pretty much the breakdown to a T. :3

1 minute ago, PathfinderCS said:

Well, it just depends on what the situation/scene calls for, and what I can contribute. Generally I prefer to be at least somewhat descriptive and use more than two sentences. Most of my role-play experience on the forums is on Equestrian Empire; which is a lot more stringent in post quality. As such I can contribute anywhere from 1 to 3 paragraphs I feel; depending.

And what; that's pretty much the breakdown to a T. :3

Yeah that's fine x3 At least a paragraph is good per reply, past that it's all about where you're at and what you can contribute in that reply.

Sweet! Do you want to make the topic, as the first post, or me? Guess it depends if we want to start from Corsairs' perspective coming down or from the ground, looking up.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, ~C. Discord~ said:

Yeah that's fine x3 At least a paragraph is good per reply, past that it's all about where you're at and what you can contribute in that reply.

Sweet! Do you want to make the topic, as the first post, or me? Guess it depends if we want to start from Corsairs' perspective coming down or from the ground, looking up.

I can start it up; no problem there. I'll start from Corsair's PoV to start with; likely adding in Zipper's as well. Never RP'd with him before; this should be interesting. :3

3 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

I can start it up; no problem there. I'll start from Corsair's PoV to start with; likely adding in Zipper's as well. Never RP'd with him before; this should be interesting. :3

I never have with Calor either so it'll be fun! I get to flesh out his personality. :3

• Brohoof 1