Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Love is Truly and Forever Sweet (1x1 between Dynamo Pad and Scarlet Rose)

Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad

Twilight got to the point where she was going to open up get case "What...no..." She pouts "but..my calculations'

"To a point, Candy told me" he says "but yes I know Flight Path, aside from me, he was Quick's best friend, allbeit a long distance one, but when they were together, they were inseparable" he chuckles a little "he's a good stallion, but why do you ask? Is he in town?"

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Demencia

As the final cases were revealed, Dynamo's jaw dropped from the reveal of the chosen case. "T-That just can't be. How is that even possible!? Most, if not, then all of these games aren't rigged. Twilight was able to guess which case had what amount of bits were in each case. This just doesn't make any sense." He sat on the ground as he couldn't make heads or tails of what had happened in the game. Sunburst, on the other hand, just kept staring at the game machine. All the while, he could feel his glasses slipping off the bridge of his nose. He picked up on what was happening as he pushed his glasses back into place. "There has to be some explanation to all of this. Like I said, I ran through all the calculations three times. THREE TIMES! There's no way that we got the wrong case." He placed a hand upon his chin as he tried to think of every move that was made. Even then, there didn't seem to be any error in judgement.

"I thought as much. I guess she told you, which prompted you to call?" Gentle asks, while listening to Chocolate's explanation of Flight Path. "I remember how I met you and Quick all of those years ago. Even after all of this time, I never once heard about Flight Path. It sounds like Quick knew of Flight when they were younger, perhaps?" She smiled as she was happy to hear of another friend, before nodding at his assumption. "Actually, yes and that's correct. Flight had stopped by to visit briefly. He said he was in town, but he was also delivering Quick's memento's and belongings as the Wonderbolts considered him as one of their own. He also said if I needed anything, then I shouldn't hesitate to message him." She was glad and appreciated the concern, but she couldn't help in feeling worried. She didn't know what this could all mean, but she hoped that Candy and Chocolate could have some answers.

@Dynamo Pad

Twilight giggles "It's alright Dynamo,  guess I just did a wrong calculation somewhere" sh smiles, swiping her card again "Lets see if I can get it right this time" she smiles, "I think we have enough time" she would say.

Chocolate chuckles "Yes, Quick, Flight and I were friends since we were little foals, and as for him not talking about Flight a whole lot, well it stems from him dislike of bragging" he explains "I remember one time he told me that he'd love to tell you more about Flight, but he felt that it would come across as him bragging about knowing a WonderBolt" he says "But if he says don't hesitate if you need anything, then he means it, and with no strings attached"

@Demencia

Dynamo closed his eyes as he weighed the options of giving the game another try, before opening his eyes and giving Twilight a nod with a smile. "It just seems odd that there would be a miscalculation. I know that you got top honors in our year, so it just seems odd, if you ask me. I think another try at the game wouldn't hurt." He says as Sunburst chimed in. "At least three minds are better than one. We'll be able to find the right case this time. If it's too much of a risk, then we'll always just take the deal beforehand, right?" Button could only roll his eyes at their idea of success, while Pinball could only chuckle. "There's no way you'll be able to win this time. True, you guys were close. Although, I don't think victory will be as easy as you think it is." Button commented, while floating back towards the ground.

As she listened to Chocolate's explanation, Gentle was honestly surprised by what she was told. "I never would have imagined Quick being the secretive type. He always told me everything that was important to be said. Just like I would say the same to him. Perhaps he was worried that Flight would have taken me away if he knew me? Quick was always such a silly stallion. I guess he would have thought that he was making up a story of sorts. He did tend to make odd stories that ended up being a joke he heard from his work buddies." She smiled softly and nods at the suggestion. "Perhaps I will talk to him. Maybe we can all meet up and get to know each other more. I was hoping to ask if it'd be okay for me to visit early tomorrow. I can bet that Candy has been wanting to see me again for such a long time by now."

@Dynamo Pad

Twilight nods "you know what Button, you're right, but it's still worth a shot" she says with a giggle and continues to play the game one more time, while Orange had finished the level she wanted to finish and moved onto the skeeball and hoops games as she had a little time left.

Chocolate chuckles a little "It's like I said, he didn't quite bragging" he says "But as for you to come over early tomorrow? You know you're always welcome here, and I'm sure Dynamo would love to see you" he says.

@Demencia

As they continued to play Deal or No Deal, Dynamo looked over to see Orange had completed the game. At the same time, she began making her way over towards the skeeball and hoops games. "You guys can keep playing the game. I might go and play some other games for a bit." He says, making his way over to Orange, before Sunburst chuckled at his statement. "I don't think he'll be coming back to see if we win the million bits this time. Oh, well. Perhaps we can surprise the two of them with some tickets." He says as Dynamo tiptoed over towards the pink unicorn mare. He smirked playfully as he had an idea forming in his mind. Without warning, he moved over to where he was behind Orange and hugged her from behind. "I'm sorry Miss, but this game can't be played unless you have somepony to be your gaming teammate."

Gentle giggled slightly, before nodding at Chocolate's statement. "Seemed that you didn't know much as he bragged when it came to making jokes, but I guess you're right. Also, that sounds good to me. I'll send a message to Candy on when I'll be making my way over." She yawned as she was beginning to feel tired. "I guess I'll let you and Candy head off for bed. Thank you for letting me know about Flight and I'll see you all in the morning. Goodnight, Chocolate." She ended the call, before placing the phone on the nightstand. 'I just hope I can talk to Candy more and get to know this Flight Path better.' She thought, laying her head back on the pillow and allowing herself to fall asleep.

@Dynamo Pad

As she was hugged from behind, she'd miss the hoop all together and pouted for a second, but then giggled and turned around to hug Dynamo "Is that so mr gaming pony?" she would ask teasingly "well then, it's just as well that my boyfriend is here to help me" she would grin at him, swiping his card for him.

Chocolate chuckles "Oh yes there were those times, how could I forget, anyway, we look forward to seeing you tomorrow" he says and hangs up.

• 2 weeks later...

@Demencia

Dynamo felt bad as he could imagine the disappointment of Orange missing the basket. He smirked and rolled his eyes, before his jaw dropped as she took the arcade card he had. "Hey! If there's one thing that needs to be said, then it's not taking things without asking and/or permission! That's something my mom always told me, but that was very clever, sweetheart. I guess it's fair as I made you missed the hoop shot. So, I can make that up with a free game. Perhaps we can take turns on tossing the hoop ball and make the high score. How does that sound, my dear? Maybe we can play the skee ball machine if we have enough time, before we have to leave, as well." He wondered as he saw the hoop ball's roll down the ramp for them to take and throw towards the hoops.

Gentle giggled with a nod at Chocolate's remark. "Thank you and I look forward to seeing old friends once again. Goodnight to you and Candy, as well, Chocolate. Pleasant dreams." As Chocolate hung up the phone, Candy ended the call on her side. After laying her head back on the pillow and looked back up towards the ceiling. 'I guess I got as good enough of an answer from Chocolate, but I still don't understand what Flight Path wanted from me. I just hope I can understand what's going on soon rather than later. I guess it's better to worry about this all in the morning.' She yawned as she slowly closed her eyes and allowed herself to drift off to sleep.

@Dynamo Pad

-Bit of a time skip-

An hour had passed and it was soon time to close up and for everyone to get going to their respective homes. Orange had just swished the last hoop of the hoops game and she smiles as she sees the clock tick to closing time. She looks to Dynamo and smiles "Come on, we'll meet up with everyone at the entrance then you and I can go to my place." she would say, picking up her shoulder bag and making her way to the entrance, where the girls and Sunburst were waiting to say goodnight to them.

@Demencia

-Bit of a time skip-

As an hour had gone by, Pinball had looked up towards the time clock upon the wall to see that it was time to close shop. "Okay, everyone! That's it for tonight. Try to come back tomorrow and play some more games. I'll let you and the others know who has what work shifts tomorrow." He mentioned towards Dynamo and the others, before he starting to close up the arcade. "I guess it's my cue to get out of here. I'll probably see you guys around tomorrow, or this weekend. At any rate, I'll catch you guys later!" Button exclaimed as he rushed out the arcade and took towards the skies for home. "Take it easy and don't be a stranger, Button!" Dynamo nodded as he looked over and cheered for Orange, who had made the final basket as the buzzer rang. "Great job, Orange! If you keep this up, then you'll be making a new record every time you play. I can match that score, but I'm not the best at hoops. I know it's all about the whole wrist and elbow placement to launch the basket, but I can never figure it out." He chuckled, before nodding once more at the plan.

"That sounds good to me. We can't just leave without saying farewell. Plus, we'll have to give them the layout of the plan for the graduation party. Along with the potential of meeting up again this weekend or in the future." He would say, taking Orange's hand into his own as they walked towards the arcade entrance. 

@Dynamo Pad

Orange smiles and nods, waving goodbye to Button and Pinball as they then made their way to the entrance. "Well everyone, that was a great way for us to celebrate our graduation, and as for the graduation party, I'll let you know tomorrow what Pinkie says" she says with a smile, holding Dynamo's hand and saying goodbye to everyone.

@Demencia

As Dynamo and Orange made their way towards the group, Sunburst nods as took notice of the couple's plans for the party. "I couldn't agree more. I believe we were very close to figuring out that Deal or No Deal machine, but we'll just have to test out a couple of theories. I hope you all will enjoy your graduation party." Dynamo blinked a couple of times in confusion, before chuckling at his friend. "What are you talking about, Sunburst? Of course, you're invited too. We'll probably be getting more friends to join in the celebration. It's like I said before, didn't I? Any friend's of Starlight's is a friend of mine." He smiled, Sunburst being caught off guard from what the blue unicorn had said.

"R-Really? I mean, I dropped out. So, I don't really know if I qualify for this party." Dynamo shook his head and dismissed Sunburst's time of worry. "It's like I said on there being no worries. There's always an opportunity to go back and finish up classes. I don't know if it's a way of applying yourself, or something like that. However, it's better to have that sort of accomplishment in your life, right? If you did go back and finish, then we can always have another party for your success. We're all friends and I know we all met just today. Even still, I feel like I can say we all believe in each other." Sunburst felt moved as he looked towards his friends and Starlight. "Gosh, you guys. I-I don't really know what to say. I might have to talk to Princess Celestia, but I can at least give things a try and see where it takes me. At least I'll have a good teacher to help me through some studies." He winked at Starlight as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

Dynamo smiled as he and Orange waved goodbye to everyone for the evening. "We'll send a message to you all as soon as we get an answer from Pinkie. Talk to you all soon, everyone!" He called out to the others as Dynamo and Orange starting making their way towards the malt shop.

@Dynamo Pad

Orange smiles as she and Dynamo walked towards her parents' malt shop, hand in hand. "Today was amazing" she would say, nuzzling him and swaying her tail a little "And tonight, the video game marathon shall continue, hazzah!" she giggles and had a little skip in her step.

@Demencia

As the couple began walking towards Candy and Chocolate's home/malt shop, Dynamo smiled as he returned the nuzzle, while he and Orange walked hand in hand. "You can say that again. There were a few bumps in the road here and there, but it all worked out, in the end. Overall, I'd say that today was definitely an amazing day." He chuckled and rolled his eyes playfully at her remark. "It seems you're taking a bit after me. Seeing how you just went and said huzzah." At the mention of a video game marathon for the evening, Dynamo stopped momentarily, before grinning from ear to ear. "A video game marathon!? Well, why didn't you tell me about this sooner!? Let's get going to the malt shop!" He jokingly shouted as he began to walk with a pep in his step. "I know you said it earlier, but I just wanted to make a little joke. At any rate, is there any game in particular that you wanted to play? If not, then did you need me to get some video games at my place, or would that be too late in the evening. I guess my mom would be asleep at this hour." He began to mumble and rant quietly to himself.

@Dynamo Pad

"Any particular games?" she would ask "hmm" she would think for a moment and then kiss his nose "How about Super Pony World 3?" she would ask, "an old classic and favorite, I remember how we'd always team up playing the Super Pony games when we were younger" she would smile, "And it is kind of late, but maybe just send her a text message when we get to the store and to my room" she would say.

@Demencia

As she listed off the suggestions for games, Dynamo quickly turned around with a grin, before he felt the kiss upon his nose. "Super Pony World 3 sounds absolutely awesome!" He chuckled and slowed down to a walk, before continuing. "I haven't played that game in years. I've seen other gamer's speed run through said game in online videos. I even saw a let's play with a group of three YouTube channels on that game. I remember that as I always let you be Mareo. I liked Luigi as he always seemed underrated, in my opinion. It makes me wonder how far we'll get into the game, before one of us falls asleep." He chuckled once more, smiling with a nod at the mention of texting his mom. "Okay and I can do that. Once we get back to the house, we'll see if your parents are awake. We'll make sure everything is okay, I'll text my mom to let her know you and I are safe and then we can have our video game marathon." He smiled softly, giving Orange's hand a reassuring squeeze as he kissed her cheek. 

@Dynamo Pad

Orange smiles "Yeah, it is funny though, in essense, Luigi is just like Mario but wears green and a L instead of red and a M" she giggles "Same moves and all" she would say, "and sure, I'm sure mom and dad will still be up, probably planning out the day for tomorrow"

@Demencia

Dynamo smile and chuckles as Orange's explanation was spot on. "You've got that right, sweetheart. I think Luigi is taller in height, but I could be wrong. I always liked playing Mario in the Mario Party series, but then I started to like playing as Luigi and Yoshi, as well. I wouldn't exactly say they are the same with moves and everything. If you talk about Smash Brothers, then their moves are somewhat similar, but very different. I do like playing as Luigi in that game because of how crazy his moves are. Although, his recovery is a little lackluster, but I can't deny that the game is a lot of fun." Dynamo says with a grin. "Also, I think there was something called the "Year of Luigi," or something like that. I remember it was referenced from Super Mario 64, but I could be wrong on that." 

At the mention of Candy and Chocolate being up, Dynamo raised an eyebrow in surprise. "I can understand that they want to make sure that you're home safely, but planning something? Do you mean they are planning for what the orders and specials for the malt shop will be for tomorrow? Speaking of the shop, do you know if we are almost there? I can imagine that they treat me like I'm a part of the family, but I wouldn't want us to be late in getting home. I sort of wanted to make a good impression for them." He says, while feeling slightly worried of angering her parents. 

@Dynamo Pad

She nods "Mummy and daddy don't often get enough time to do the schedules and such during the day, you know how busy the shop can get" she says with a smile as they arrive at her home and her parents' malt and candy shop "Not to mention there are some things they make that need to be left overnight to set" she would open the door "And you are right, when it comes to the newer games like Mario Party and Mareio Kart, it does make a difference, but in games like Pony World, not much of a difference there except the aesthetics" she smiles and waves to her parents.

Chocolate smiles and waves "Good evening you two" he would say "Oh Dynamo, your mother called, she may be asleep now, but you may want to just message her to tell her you get here safe"

@Demencia

"That's a shame, to be honest. It would be nice for them to make the schedule ahead of time, while still attending to customers at the malt shop. Maybe if I was able to work there from time to time, then they'd be able to have time. Perhaps I can ask them that tomorrow in the morning. Given if they are awake, or asleep." Dynamo frowned, but nodded as he knew it would be the right thing to help out. He raised his eyebrow at the mention of overnight. "Really? I guess it depends on the treat or drinks that need to be finished overnight. I think I heard Pinkie had mentioned something like that at Sugarcube Corner." As they arrived at the malt shop, Orange had opened the door, while Dynamo held the door open for her to walk into the shop. "I mean, each series has it's own theme. Whether it's a race to the finish, or a battle to ruin friendships." He couldn't help in chuckling. "Although, that's fair when you put it that way. You can have the same old enemies, or you have new ones that are only accessible to other versions of Pony World. I remember when they introduced Yoshi and I knew that was a character I would love. He's always so happy and he's such an awesome dinosaur."

He looked over to Orange, who was smiling and waving to her parents. He looked over and her parents were, indeed, standing right across from them. The blue unicorn smiled and returned the wave. "Good evening, Mr. Chocolate. I hope we didn't get home too late. Mr. Pinball unveiled a new video game he gave us free games to play for the evening." He smiled apologetically, before blinking in surprise at the mention of his mom. "My mom called? Is everything okay? Also, okay and I'll make sure to send her a message. I wouldn't want to make her worry." He took his cellphone out of his pocket, before he began searching through his messages, until he found his mom. After a minute of typing, he smiled and nodded as he sent the message to his mom.

@Dynamo Pad

Chocolate smiles "Everything is fine Dynamo, she was just asking how you were and asked me about an old friend of mine and your father's" he says with a smile "Would seem that he found some of your father's things at the Wonderbolt HQ, and brought them over" he'd say, looking up from his work "It's nothing to worry about though" he'd smile and go back to his work as Orange went into the kitchen and grabbed some snacks and drinks.

@Demencia

Dynamo sighed in relief as Chocolate had reaffirmed that everything was fine. At the mention of a friend of his father's, his eyes widened slightly in surprise. "My father? I knew he had buddies at work, but I didn't know about this. The only friend he had told me at the time was you, Mr. Chocolate." He was even puzzled at the mention of Wonderbolt HQ. Sure, he had met some of the Wonderbolts when he was younger. Seeing how he sometimes went with dad to work to see some races. Although, that was pretty much all there was. He knew he would have to talk about this in the morning. At the moment, he was feeling a little tired as it was late into the evening. 

As Orange went to the kitchen to grab some snacks and drinks, Dynamo took notice of Chocolate, who had gone back to work. "Excuse me, sir? Orange had told me that you and Mrs. Candy don't have a lot of time when it comes to working on orders and preparing overnight stuff. I don't know if I asked before, but is there any way that I can help. I think we talked about the idea of me working at the malt shop from time to time. I didn't want to work out of pity. It's just that I feel bad that the two of you have to work into the late evening, instead of getting a good night's rest." He says, a look of genuine care and concern was on his face. 

@Dynamo Pad

Chocolate looks at Candy and she nods, "You know, having a extra pair of hands working at the shop will definitely help, not to mention, it'll be good for your mom to know that you've got a job now" Chocolate would say with a small smile "How about you two enjoy the rest of the night and we can discuss your work here in the morning" he suggests "oh and as for your dad's old friend, he was..an old friend of ours from school, and well, your father would have felt you all thought he was joking if he told you he knows the Flight Instructor for the Wonderbolts"

@Demencia

Dynamo nodded as he was glad to help at the malt shop every now and then. “I think it would be an honor to work here, sir. I wouldn’t say that I don’t have a job. Considering that I’ve worked at the arcade for a while now. Although, I guess I, or we will have to talk to Mr. Pinball about all of this at some point. I wouldn’t want there to be any confusion. Plus, it would be fun to work alongside Orange.” He says, nodding slightly in understanding about his dad’s old friend.

“I thought he was joking when he said that he knew the Wonderbolts themselves, but I was surprised when I met them once or twice. Granted, my dad always liked to joke around, but I could’ve believed it. I guess it would be interesting to meet him.” He smiles and nods at the mention of discussing work plans in the morning. “That sounds good to me, sir. Thanks again for letting me stay for the evening.” He says, while waiting patiently for Orange to return. 

@Dynamo Pad

Chocolate smiles "Ah do forgive me, it's just been quite a while since we really talked" he says "But maybe if you can get a work schedule for the arcade, we can work around it" he would say and then nod "He was an honorary member of theirs" he mentions "I wouldn't worry too much though, Flight is likely just trying to help your mom out" he says, stretching "the three of us had a pact, if either Quick or I were to pass on, then the remaining two would do all we can do to help either your mother or Candy"