Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Grogar Set Cozy Glow, Tirek, and Chrysalis Up?

Misty Shadow

Hey, I'm having deja vu here. :wacko:

This theory, however, wasn't proposed by me. DRWolf takes the credit for this one. 

It really does make sense if you think about it...would Grogar really be that gullible to not suspect his lackeys turning on him, especially after he's been around for so long and has made it clear to Cozy Glow, Tirek, and Chrysalis that he doesn't trust them? That would also coincide with him not bringing Sombra back, he doesn't want them to be any more powerful and risk them overthrowing him. 

• Brohoof 3

Interesting theory.  I could feel a set up from what was going on from the episode, but I put it more to Gusty the Great than Grogar.  Setting up a defense that can only be overcome with team work, and sowing the seeds of friendship, which isn't very characteristic of villains, especially Grogar.  Plus the magic of the barrier matched more to Gusty's from the flashback than Grogar's.  Of course, Grogar would have made that flash back up completely and it is all a mute point.

I do agree that he probably knows they got the bell and is just letting them believe they are secretive about their scheming just to have them build up their team work more.

The other thing that has me curious though as to why such a powerful being didn't just get it himself, it got me thinking about a problem Grogar might have.  We've yet to see him leave his cave, only bring others to it.  Is he trapped there?  So far we have tale of two other ancient figures before even the time of Starswirl the Bearded, in the form of Radiant Hope and Gusty the Great.  More Pillars before the Pillars we know?  Banded together and not only banished Grogar but left him imprisoned in that cave?  Be interesting to find out.

• Brohoof 2

I sure hope he is, because that's the only way I can buy him just storming off at the end of the episode without any suspicions whatsoever.

• Brohoof 1

They are trying to betray Grogar but I really do think Grogar is two steps ahead of them and already knows what they are going to do.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I don't want to say it but I honestly think his reaction to their "fake" failure was genuine.

The way I see it he really did all three of them to pull it off. He needed Tirek to drain magic from Chryssalis to blast a hole in a magic shield for Cozy to get it through. He also didn't go himself because one he can't pull it off himself, two his existence supposed to be a legend, and three what stopping them to turn on him right then and there? :P

He also doesn't really need Sombra because all he really cares to get that bell and he told them to stop bickering and work together because that what they need to do to get it.

Edited by R.D.Dash
  • Brohoof 1

I hope he did forsee their betrayal, would be a bit disappointing if such a powerful and ancient being was fooled so easily while he could have tracked them with his ball, and he said he didn't trust them himself. 

I think he knows however, and just plays along for now, he probably needs them to do something, maybe they will take over together and when they try to backstab him he reveals to them that he knew about it. His belle did started illuminating light in the end. Another possibility is that he does not know about it but will find out, he did narrowed his eyes suspiciously at them before storming off. It is hard to predict what will happen so the show runners did a good job, its unpredictable, anything can happen, the 3 might defeat grogar by themselves even.

• Brohoof 1