Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

A lucid dream is a dream that you're conscious of and that you can control. It's when you are dreaming and know you're in a dream. I've managed to lucid dream a few times, but usually I wake up about 30 seconds later, so I don't often get to do much.

{...! o: }

Yeah... I've been trying to lucid dream, but most of the time I don't even remember my regular dreams. Something interesting I've noticed, though: The last time I recalled a dream beyond vague details, it turned out that Ariel had found her way into my dream and was spectating. I didn't see her, but she saw my dream (later remarking how odd it was), and somehow that led to me recalling the dream better.

I remember mentioning a story with a pseudo-tulpa villain (I'll provide a recap if anyone asks). I'm thinking that after the hero defeats the villain, she goes on a tulpa chatroom and interrupts a conversation to tell her new Tulpamancer friends what happened. Would anyone here (tulpas and/or hosts) like to be namedropped in that scene?

I remember mentioning a story with a pseudo-tulpa villain (I'll provide a recap if anyone asks). I'm thinking that after the hero defeats the villain, she goes on a tulpa chatroom and interrupts a conversation to tell her new Tulpamancer friends what happened. Would anyone here (tulpas and/or hosts) like to be namedropped in that scene?

[*jumps up excitedly* Ooh, me! I wanna be famous~!]

Just because you get mentioned in a story won't necessarily make you famous - [*pouting*] - But, I suppose I wouldn't mind at all if you did decide to mention us :D

In addition to the aforementioned novel, I'm also doing some work on a song and music video intended to advocate for non-disordered plurality (which is basically Multiple Personality Disorder minus the stuff that makes it a disorder).

[*rubs back of head* I think my enthusiasm went down.]

That might be a problem.

Fluttershy: I'm still good, though.

Me: somewhere down the line, my tulpas and I agreed that Fluttershy would take care of costume/set design, Rainbow Dash and Keystroke would sing, and I'd create the Flash animation.

I'm thinking that if/when I'm famous online, my mom or friends or whoever might stumble across the video, do some Googling, find my PR log, and connect it to me. Should I wait for such a thing to possibly happen, or just reveal my tulpas to my IRL friends?

Fluttershy: Hiding a secret makes it seem worse.

So, odd thing happened lately.

For now, I've given up on the tulpa. It just seems like, at this point in my life, I just lack the motivation to do it. Note that.

As of late, I've taken somewhat of an interest in hypnosis as it could, in theory, allow me to definitively answer a question that I have. Since I have a friend who knows a lot about this stuff, he's offered to help me out. We were testing an induction method that ultimately proved not as successful as I would have liked, but apparently every bit helps with breaking any resistance. So while that was unsuccessful, it did have an... interesting side effect.

About half an hour after we tried that, I started listening to some music on my friend's computer. I was getting into it (as I always do with Xenoblade music :P), but I could tell that my friend was right behind me wondering what I was doing. I turn around, and alas, no one there. So, I continue listening for another 3 or so minutes, when I get that feeling again. And again, no one's there. Repeat 5 more times.

Connection, mayhaps?

So, odd thing happened lately.

For now, I've given up on the tulpa. It just seems like, at this point in my life, I just lack the motivation to do it. Note that.

As of late, I've taken somewhat of an interest in hypnosis as it could, in theory, allow me to definitively answer a question that I have. Since I have a friend who knows a lot about this stuff, he's offered to help me out. We were testing an induction method that ultimately proved not as successful as I would have liked, but apparently every bit helps with breaking any resistance. So while that was unsuccessful, it did have an... interesting side effect.

About half an hour after we tried that, I started listening to some music on my friend's computer. I was getting into it (as I always do with Xenoblade music :P), but I could tell that my friend was right behind me wondering what I was doing. I turn around, and alas, no one there. So, I continue listening for another 3 or so minutes, when I get that feeling again. And again, no one's there. Repeat 5 more times.

Connection, mayhaps?

it could be your mind playing tricks on you though or your tulpa? (i don;t know if you we're making one and had given up) if you believe it was a tulpa seems like you felt her presence. if it's not then it's just your mind. We sometimes feel like we can feel other presence even though there are no one around..

Edited by Nihi The Brony

Anyone else occasionally have problems invading their tulpas' privacy?

Fluttershy: You haven't done that that often.

Me: Or with getting involved with your tulpas' part of a project when you all implicitly agreed not to?

Or with being paranoid of (insert medication here) messing with your tulpas?

Edited by KruegerMeister

good afternoon you guys.. 

Earlier i tried practicing switching with summer.. I don't know if it's switching but summer has full control of my body (which i will have to put effort to control it) And i was in the wonderland.. but the only characters are there are Myrtle and cherry summer is no where to be found, and I find myself as my ponysona avatar... XP (I was a pony). I tried lowering my energy, and increasing summer's (lowering and increasing the volume of mind voice is the same) and I gave all of my senses to her BUT, even though i tried giving her all of my senses... I could still see, feel, smell taste and hear my surrounding... SO i don't know if we really switched or not.

Summer went to the wonderland... and when she appeared at the door.. I saw this lovely lady who looks like twilight sparkle in EQG, (but with white skin) .She was in her human form... AND out of the blue when we saw her, Cherry myrtle and Especially me felt excited.. (I don't know i just felt excited seeing summer) we rush towards her and we hugged her..  (Which is confusing because..My urge of hugging her really went off the roof, so suddenly) 

anyway. It felt very warm.. and i feel very cozy.. it's like I dunno when i hug her I am at peace.. she was stroking my mane too XP

The position is mainly like this, exchange Summer with that green anon and RD as my pony sony...
16319_666149850173728_230427332404092459

Yeah it was a very weird but very amazing experience.. i felt giggly all the time.. and it felt quite good, i felt very cozy.

Anyway my question is... can you still switch where your senses are still intact? Because i don't know if that was switching XD

Two years ago, I'd been hanging out with Rainbow Dash, and I'd told her that I wanted to be her pet, from out of nowhere. The day after this, Keystroke said that he'd been speaking through me when that had happened.

A few minutes ago, Fluttershy said that she'd been the one speaking to Rainbow Dash, and that she'd just let me think it was Keystroke (because she was worried that I'd kill her on sight for being an accidental tulpa).

Bottom line: I'm worried that if my tulpas contradict themselves, it means they aren't sentient.

Fluttershy: I said one thing, then something else once I'd gotten all the information. I don't think the two things I said are mutually exclusive. First I said I'd disguised my mindvoice--he kind of asked a leading question.

Me: that's not what you said. I asked the mindvoice question, and you said that you "just let me think it was Keystroke" who'd said it. After this, I reviewed my progress report, and found the part about Keystroke's theory.

I totally want to get started on this, but I feel so lost with how to get everything rolling and stay up. It seems like an incredible feat to be able to actually see characters that aren't there.

It's my understanding that you don't have to do any particular step first, but I started by writing a list of the personality traits I wanted my Rainbow Dash tulpa to have. After this was done, I said "you are (insert trait here)" several times for each trait. I also imagined how she would react to situations I encountered given her personality. I don't really remember how I got imposition to work initially, but one of the things I've found helpful is this.

It's kinda funny/weird. I didn't think of how amazing it is that tulpas are possible until I outlined the process I used.

Edited by KruegerMeister
  • Brohoof 1

[That's some pretty fast progress. Then again, I was sentient on my first day; my host had some experience with tulpa-like stuff (before starting tulpamancy). How much forcing did you do?]

I'm still amazed by the idea of creating what is or at least appears to be another consciousness.

I'm making a song about misconceptions of various mental conditions (as opposed to mental "illnesses"). Should I try to work in stuff about tulpas?

• Brohoof 1

Being a Mental Health Consultant, all be it Voluntary at the moment, this sounds like a very unhealthy practice. Why would you want to trick your mind into believing you have this other being / thing living inside of you? It's actually contusive of a few mental illness symptoms along the lines of Halluciantions (hearing / seeing things which are not really there), the belief that something is real against logic / evidence and having almost a split personality. The brain / mind are very delicate things, of course just having an 'imaginer y friend' is fine and harmless, but forcing this Tulpa thing into your mind does not sound like a good idea at all, better to get a grip on reality and fulfil your social needs with actual real interaction, be it online or in 'real life'

[That's some pretty fast progress. Then again, I was sentient on my first day; my host had some experience with tulpa-like stuff (before starting tulpamancy). How much forcing did you do?]

I'm still amazed by the idea of creating what is or at least appears to be another consciousness.

I'm making a song about misconceptions of various mental conditions (as opposed to mental "illnesses"). Should I try to work in stuff about tulpas?

Sharlina: My darling host isn't really sure. And OMGOSH YES ADD THAT IN. :D

Me: I think visualizing just comes naturally for me. I've been trying to use my imagination more the past few days (or rather, "seeing with my mind's eye" I think they call it?), and last night, when this cat-human sprang to life, I couldn't just deny her wish to exist. :) She likes to change her appearance a lot. It's somewhat difficult, to be honest. I feel like I'm just pretending (cuz, well, that is what I'm doing), but I'm trying my best. :) I can't see her in the real world, but I can visualize her here. I suppose that's good enough for now. ;)

Being a Mental Health Consultant, all be it Voluntary at the moment, this sounds like a very unhealthy practice. Why would you want to trick your mind into believing you have this other being / thing living inside of you? It's actually contusive of a few mental illness symptoms along the lines of Halluciantions (hearing / seeing things which are not really there), the belief that something is real against logic / evidence and having almost a split personality. The brain / mind are very delicate things, of course just having an 'imaginer y friend' is fine and harmless, but forcing this Tulpa thing into your mind does not sound like a good idea at all, better to get a grip on reality and fulfil your social needs with actual real interaction, be it online or in 'real life'

First of all... *albeit (sorry, had to get that out of the way. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to words) And secondly, this isn't an unhealthy practice.

http://wiki.tulpa.info/Official/FAQ

Fifth question down. :)

Many do this because they desire a companion, an intimate friend you can share everything with.

• Brohoof 1

Sharlina: My darling host isn't really sure. And OMGOSH YES ADD THAT IN. :D

Me: I think visualizing just comes naturally for me. I've been trying to use my imagination more the past few days (or rather, "seeing with my mind's eye" I think they call it?), and last night, when this cat-human sprang to life, I couldn't just deny her wish to exist. :) She likes to change her appearance a lot. It's somewhat difficult, to be honest. I feel like I'm just pretending (cuz, well, that is what I'm doing), but I'm trying my best. :) I can't see her in the real world, but I can visualize her here. I suppose that's good enough for now. ;)

First of all... *albeit (sorry, had to get that out of the way. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to words) And secondly, this isn't an unhealthy practice.

http://wiki.tulpa.info/Official/FAQ

Fifth question down. :)

Many do this because they desire a companion, an intimate friend you can share everything with.

Fair enough, though I personally still wouldn't do it perhaps my original conceptions were a bit misplaced, Good luck to those who do it and try to be careful

• Brohoof 1

Sharlina: Because we're nice and the best so freaking amazingly awesome that you have no choice but to accept it. :D

Well, why did we create them? It's beca--

Sharlina: Because you were lonely and sad and you wanted a friend that could always be there for you, so here I am!! :yay:

...Yup, that's pretty much why. :derp:

Why do tulpas help their hosts improve?

Survival instinct. Their own success as an "organism" depends on the success of the host. It roots into the idea of if the host dies, so too do they; as a result, they'd naturally want to prevent that. It's a case of symbiosis. Both individuals have something to gain from the other's success. The better off one is, the better off the other will be as a result.

Although, it's also more than that from what I've seen. It's more than just a case of mutual survival; it's an emotional bond. It's like how lovers tend to want the other's happiness more than most else. Or how a parent does everything they can to help their child succeed. Or even how a friend is there for you when you need something to lean on.

They work for a mutual interest. Not just because they don't want to die, but because they care. About you. Above (hopefully) most else.

Or did I misunderstand the question?

• Brohoof 3

Survival instinct. Their own success as an "organism" depends on the success of the host. It roots into the idea of if the host dies, so too do they; as a result, they'd naturally want to prevent that.

I don't really see the connection between self-improvement and death/life (other than, for example, a tulpa keeping their host from drinking, on the chance that the host could get alcohol poisoning).

They work for a mutual interest. Not just because they don't want to die, but because they care. About you. Above (hopefully) most else.

Then why would they encourage their hosts to be more social? The more physical people you spend time with, the less you have to spend with them.

[i...don't know how to respond to that. *cough*Bullshit*cough*.]

{*coughcough*False dichotomy*coughcough*.}

Then why would they encourage their hosts to be more social? The more physical people you spend time with, the less you have to spend with them.

$Mostly because I'm so bored and Bright doesn't like talking to others so much! She needs to be more outgoing and social.....and so I can meet so many others :D $