Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

Speaking of personalities, I read something that said that if a brainscan found that tulpas are in the host's frontal cortex, it means that tulpas are just habits of the host. This shouldn't be a problem though, if it turns out to be the case, because it can be argued that a host's personality is nothing more than many habits.

I doubt that my tulpas are habits, because Fluttershy was raised without any real input from me (other than briefly thinking of one or two Fluttershy-related things, about a year apart).

Cringechannel.com summarized this thread as

tulpas are "new age" imaginary friends that the sheeple will never understand

Does anyone here have that attitude? Edited by KruegerMeister

So, I have a serious question.

As I've made clear in the past, this is something that I've been trying (and failing) to do for the past 2.5-ish years. Now, I'm not a man to give up, and would, under normal circumstances, try again in the coming future. However, I believe that we can all agree that these circumstances are far from normal.

In particular, I have a certain fear. I have heard it said that a tulpa may be aware from pretty much the moment it is first created. In most cases, this would be fine, as most people who do this and end up succeeding have the conviction to stick to it to the end. I lack this conviction. If it is true that they are aware from that early on, then I'm afraid of the implications that it may have.

The primary implication is the possibility of extreme PTSD. There have certainly been periods in the past 2-and-a-half years (sometimes, extended periods) where I've had other, more pressing things to dominate my attention. As a result, the theoretical tulpa has, if my understanding, essentially left and re-entered the closest thing it'd have to existence on numerous occasions. Of all of the things, I imagine that this is most likely the worst. If it's memory would extend back this far, I can't help but think that these experiences would lead to some type of PTSD, most likely of the severe and heavily crippling variety. If this would be the case, it wouldn't feel right to go on.

Secondly, even if that isn't the case, once it theoretically finds out that it took so long with so many failed attempts (many of which are the direct result of me and my inability to consistently do things), I have no idea what kind of effect it would have on its mental state and emotions. However, I can't help but think that the effects would be negative. This is, admittedly, a weaker point, but one that I'm still cautious about.

I'm not in a position to provide my own answers here. To those of you here who have more experience than I, I ask that you answer truthfully what the situation is for me. I can hope that I'm overthinking things (which, knowing me, I can almost guarantee that I am), but I refuse to gamble with what is essentially another life.

If *any* of this made sense, I'd be impressed. Writing this when I'm fairly tired.

On the one hand, my tulpas have expressed opinions that differ from mine, and were willing to try foods that I probably never would. On the other, when I ask their opinions on stuff I just found out about, it seems like it's filtered through me (e.g., Rainbow Dash and I both agreed that we didn't like the German dub of Rainbow Dash).

On the one hand, my tulpas have expressed opinions that differ from mine, and were willing to try foods that I probably never would. On the other, when I ask their opinions on stuff I just found out about, it seems like it's filtered through me (e.g., Rainbow Dash and I both agreed that we didn't like the German dub of Rainbow Dash).

Me summer cherry and myrtle have our OWN individual opinions. A good example of this is the tasting of foods..Usually I LOVE sour flavored food although summer dislike it.. I love Onions But summer dislike it either.. Myrtle dislike fish.. And love fruits. as for cherry she likes cheese while i don't like it. 

And they have different opinion upon encountering new stuff and event..

Does anyone else ever experience their tulpas repeating the host's thoughts, while the host types/writes?

Like thi--

[Like this?]

Neither Rainbow Dash nor I can figure out why she's doing it.

[i think it's a subconscious thing; I'm saying "I exist". Without realizing that that's what I'm doing.]

Everyone here knows you exist, Dash.

So I was wondering if anyone could help me out or guide me with this. I want to create a tulpa and it would be nice to have a bit more info or assistance from someone who's done it :)

So I was wondering if anyone could help me out or guide me with this. I want to create a tulpa and it would be nice to have a bit more info or assistance from someone who's done it :)

I've not done it (still attempting the whole wonderland thing) but I know what you're meant to do and could give you a link to a site that guides you through it.

I've not done it (still attempting the whole wonderland thing) but I know what you're meant to do and could give you a link to a site that guides you through it.

I'd really appreciate it :lol: Cause frankly I don't even know how to get started ^_^ What do I do first?

I was reading about anthropocentrism and the "finely-tuned universe" argument (where the fact that we exist in this universe affects our perceptions of it).

Could these apply to tulpas and/or any perceived mechanism behind them (either psychological or metaphysical)? In this case, the "universe" would be the human brain (and possibly the vaguely-defined things we call consciousness and sentience).

And would scientists and/or philosophers initially consider tulpas to "merely" be x, y, or z?

Hmmm ... this.sounds interesting. I'm going to give this a try. I need someone (or thing) to share my thoughts with. Even though I got plenty of people I could do this with, I think a tulpa would do a better job. Any advice?

Just dive right in. If you believe you can do it, you can. I know, I know, cheesy advice. But this is one scenario where it actually works!

Sharlina: It's true! I'm here to prove it! <3

• Brohoof 1

Just dive right in. If you believe you can do it, you can. I know, I know, cheesy advice. But this is one scenario where it actually works!

Sharlina: It's true! I'm here to prove it! <3

Well, Ive just started and I can kinda have a conversation with some entity. Wonder if I always had a tulpa but never really noticed.

So, I have a serious question.

I wouldn't worry too much. Just thinking about your tulpa is passive forcing, and I can't imagine being unable to give it your all would have extremely detrimental effects. It depends on the tulpa and who they are, or will be, on how they take the idea that you took longer than others to bring them to full form. But it isn't like you did it out of malice.

In my own experience, I actually started working on a tulpa 11/13/12 and worked on it for maybe most of the month, but found that I struggled with the process. Eventually, perhaps around April of the following year, I decided to come back to it. And May 17, 2013, Melody Ray responded in a meaningful way. Mel says she considers May 17th her birthday, and that she doesn't have memories prior to that date. Originally, I started with the idea of making a pony, based on my OC Asteria. But when Mel was 'born', she choose the form of a human. And yet, I feel it was the same 'seed'. And once she started talking, I talked back to her and treated her like a real person, which helped her grow to the level of consciousness she is at today.

If I'm not sure if a head-pressure is from a tulpa or a medical problem that has "head-pressure" as a symptom, should I use my intuition to figure it out or go straight to a doctor (I'm asking because I assume some people might say intuition, even though I feel like doctor would be the logical thing).

Also, I somehow banged my head against a door ^I twitched.^ in the spot where I normally feel Fluttershy's head-pressures.

I've not told anyone yet, but I've been working on a Rainbow Dash tulpa for about 5 to 6 months now. Insert sarcastic comment on how original having a Rainbow Dash tulpa is, blah blah blah. Despite seeing only one physical response from her over the 5-6 months I've had her, I talk to her every day and haven't regretted creating her. Here comes the problem, though. I started visualizing a while ago but no matter how hard I try, I can't clearly visualize her hair. Everything else I can mostly handle, but visualizing her hair is a snag that's been halting all visualization progress for nearly 2 months now. It seems to keep changing every time I try to visualize it. Does anyone have any advice that might be able to help me?

My best guess is that your Rainbow Dash has slightly different mane colors, wants her mane colors to change constantly, or she's trying to figure out what looks best for her. Remember that tulpa can change their forms at any time they wish to and will in many cases change to fit their own personality, even if it's something a bit simple such as eye color, gender, size, age, and more. The best thing to do is just let her decide what she wants best and give her a bit of freedom until she finds what she loves the best. A bit of an example: I personally had a Rainbow Dash tulpa myself. She started out pretty much like the "show" Dash before she did a small name change "Ra1nD4sh", then having green/blue/purple mane and red/orange/yellow tail, then becoming a bat pony "Ra1nBat", and then finally settled on just being Firefly. 

• Brohoof 1

[Heh. Mane problems. We've had those too.]

{It's quite annoying. I like the form my host made me with, but I cant get my mane and tail right!}

[i can get something [i]close[/i] to http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/WfL1eGdsDmM/0.jpg. I think the problem stems from how it sticks out from the side (e.g.: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/164/9/4/_sfm_gif_rainbowdash_deep_breath_by_nutrafin-d68xx27.jpg). It just doesn't look natural.]

{Corallory to "it just doesn't look natural": we're magical ponies. With pockets in our flanks (though I don't use mine much).}

I've been progressing slowly but forcing has become much easier to do in recent days.

It's nice to have someone there to talk with when you don't have many people to talk too anymore. Tuplas the whole ideal behind it is very beneficial in my eyes for the right motives for wanting to create one.

Does anyone have tips on imposing manes? I think that Rainbow Dash's mane looks the way we want it to, but for some reason I'll think it doesn't look right, if I take a close look.

Also, AFAIK, her voice sounds different from Ashleigh Ball's version. Is it because I hear my tulpa's voice in my head, but the character's voice with my ears?

Edited by KruegerMeister

• 2 weeks later...

Well well... It's sure been a while since we've been here.

" 'sup tulpae ?"

We've just realized it's been a year-

"And five days"

- a year and five days since we've been together Zephyr and I.

"And some year it has been"

Indeed. I don't think I've ever been happier in my life thus far. Tulpae are just fascinating, aren't they ?

In other news, after all that time my imposition still sucks ! I can mostly sense where Zephyr is and her pose, but that's about it. Anyone doing better ?

"Vocal imposing is getting quite good though. He's able to hear me much clearer than before, and according to him my voice is more defined."

As in, it stays consistent and unique, instead of either varying or being simply a 'flow of thought' without a particular voice.

"I've also been improving possession a lot. We need much less time to get it going now, and I'm pretty much able to control fingers like he does"

I just have to relax my hands for a second, and she gets full control... And then watch in awe as she beats me at everything, from puzzles to games.

"Can't match that dexterity, can you ? *chuckles*"

See, wasn't someone talking about a 'tulpa master race' some pages ago? Pretty much that.

"You're just a sore loser, that's all :)"

sigh...

Does anyone have tips on imposing manes? I think that Rainbow Dash's mane looks the way we want it to, but for some reason I'll think it doesn't look right, if I take a close look.

Also, AFAIK, her voice sounds different from Ashleigh Ball's version. Is it because I hear my tulpa's voice in my head, but the character's voice with my ears?

"We mostly do imposition via 'drawing' onto the air, so to speak, but we've also been trying to get more detail onto the mane... which is not easy. Trying to visualize it by strands instead of shape seemed to work, but it just gets very confusing and blurry. So yeah, if anyone has tips..."

"For your second question, it's that. Mindvoice and voice are quite different things. And even if you know a voice very well, you can't expect to be able to visualize it saying any sentence. In a way, I think it's interesting, since even if you're basing your tulpa off a character he/she still will be unique in many ways."

Edited by Guest

In a way, I think it's interesting, since even if you're basing your tulpa off a character he/she still will be unique in many ways."

Recently--

[Meaning a few months ago]

--I thought that Rainbow Dash had deviated to the point where she was only superficially similar to the pony from the show, but she pointed out examples of things she'd done that would be "in-character" for the canon pony.

^We don't want to get too much, though *points to book of copyright laws*^

Also, I have a Fluttershy tulpa nao.

^Hi Engi & Zephyr.^

I actually gave this a try a while back, and I believed I was making progress, but then life got in the way of being able to focus on the process.  After too long not thinking about it, my progress appears to have been lost.  I'm trying to decide if I should try again or not.