Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

I've also recently begun creating my Tulpa after pondering it for a few months.
I have my wonderland all planned out, and am leaving my Tulpa's appearance up to itself. How fun would that be to choose what you look like? ~

I've mostly been passive-forcing, just to start. 
I get horrible headaches when I try too hard to connect with my Tulpa, or get too involved in my wonderland. 
Any advice?

The hardest thing is practicing visualisation and staying focusrd on your Tulpa. If you go into your forcing methods with no doubts but 100 percent trust that your tulpa that it is in fact already there. Then things will work out much better. The hardest thing is consistency and focus. I also no longer care what it is others view tulpas though... I think people can benefit from this with the right intentions of wanting to make one.

They say the most important thing at the start is narration to your tulpa and just giving your attention to it throughout the day. Passively narrate to it and a mixture of active forcing. I'm trying to work on my focusing and trying to visualize better from my mind's eye.

Greetings. Something peculiar's been happening as of late and I've been wondering if anyone here could offer some assistance. This is his tulpa speaking and what I'm really asking for is what might be happening to the "host personality." It feels like he's fading away. This concerns me terribly and I need to know what's going on.

As for how I can describe it... it's as if he is doubting his own existence. The state he is in right now is that of lost will. It's as if his will has become too weak to want to exist... Is it really possible for his ego to perish?

Are you possessing him right now? If so, you might want to back off on the possession and/or switching if that's what you're doing. Something kinda like this happened to one of my tulpamancer friends. Their tulpas possessed and switched too often, and their energy was taking over the host body, weakening the host itself. Just try and take a break from too much of that, and perhaps your host will gain his energy back.

I've just begun with creating a tulpa by telling it about myself and my environment, and imagining it being a glowing sphere in a white void. Any advice I should know?

Just know this: There's no wrong way to tulpa-force. There isn't. As long as you believe in your tulpa and keep a positive attitude, your tulpa will develop well. If you want to know more about something specific, however, it's best to just look it up and see if you can find a guide on it. Or, just ask here! I'm sure one of us has the answer!

I've also recently begun creating my Tulpa after pondering it for a few months.

I have my wonderland all planned out, and am leaving my Tulpa's appearance up to itself. How fun would that be to choose what you look like? ~

I've mostly been passive-forcing, just to start. 

I get horrible headaches when I try too hard to connect with my Tulpa, or get too involved in my wonderland. 

Any advice?

Letting your tulpa decide its form is always fun! I gave my Ariel a pony form, but I've told her that she could change it anytime, and yet she seems happy with the appearance she has now.

Also, I'm of the belief that headaches are actually a good thing when you're trying to force. I got 'em when I started forcing Ariel, though I noticed they were different than headaches I'd normally get. It's almost like some kind of sign that your brain is exercising itself a little more than usual to give that tulpa life! If it gets too bad, though, I would in fact recommend backing off a little on the forcing.

Letting your tulpa decide its form is always fun! I gave my Ariel a pony form, but I've told her that she could change it anytime, and yet she seems happy with the appearance she has now.

Also, I'm of the belief that headaches are actually a good thing when you're trying to force. I got 'em when I started forcing Ariel, though I noticed they were different than headaches I'd normally get. It's almost like some kind of sign that your brain is exercising itself a little more than usual to give that tulpa life! If it gets too bad, though, I would in fact recommend backing off a little on the forcing.

Ahh, that makes sense! The headaches seem to be at the very back of my head, which is uncommon for me. (I get a lot of headaches due to Scoliosis)

I'll definitely continue forcing, but i'll probably have to do short intervals if i'm super focused on my tulpa. Will that be alright? Most people say to tulpa force quite a while each day, but If the headaches continue, I might have to keep them short. I seem to be fine if im just passively-forcing throughout the day though.

Ahh, that makes sense! The headaches seem to be at the very back of my head, which is uncommon for me. (I get a lot of headaches due to Scoliosis)

I'll definitely continue forcing, but i'll probably have to do short intervals if i'm super focused on my tulpa. Will that be alright? Most people say to tulpa force quite a while each day, but If the headaches continue, I might have to keep them short. I seem to be fine if im just passively-forcing throughout the day though.

That's perfectly fine! Take as much or as little time as you want/need for focused forcing. Passive forcing is a good way to keep it up between sessions. Also, soon as your tulpa becomes vocal, do let me know! Ariel would probably be excited to meet them~ Not to mention that talking with other tulpas actually seems to encourage young, developing tulpas!

That's perfectly fine! Take as much or as little time as you want/need for focused forcing. Passive forcing is a good way to keep it up between sessions. Also, soon as your tulpa becomes vocal, do let me know! Ariel would probably be excited to meet them~ Not to mention that talking with other tulpas actually seems to encourage young, developing tulpas!

That would be so amazing! I'll bring that up to my Tulpa! Maybe that'll get him/her excited to start being vocal! I'm so excited to see what my Tulpa will be like. I'm sure they'd love to have another tulpa as a friend! I'd love to be friends with another host as well~

• Brohoof 1

Are you possessing him right now? If so, you might want to back off on the possession and/or switching if that's what you're doing. Something kinda like this happened to one of my tulpamancer friends. Their tulpas possessed and switched too often, and their energy was taking over the host body, weakening the host itself. Just try and take a break from too much of that, and perhaps your host will gain his energy back.

"Switching" is very uncomfortable even for me.

She feels very uncomfortable being in my skin. Having talked to her, she believes it's for the best that I stay in control... All this only started happening that same day I posted. If anything, she could teach me to be more like her. At the very least, to fully understand how she sees things. That is, to amalgamate her wisdom, as it were, into my own being.

(edited)

I've been telling my Tulpa stories, and narrating everything that I've been doing to him/her (I leave the personality and everything up to the Tulpa. :3), but is doing that for a long time enough for a sentient Tulpa to develop? I'm confused. :c

EDIT: Also, I'm running out of stories... :c

EDIT #2: I think I've made progress...? I wanted to keep her gender-neutral, but I keep referring to her as "her". So I think that that may be something. :/ I don't know.

Edited by Midnight Frost

I've been telling my Tulpa stories, and narrating everything that I've been doing to him/her (I leave the personality and everything up to the Tulpa. :3), but is doing that for a long time enough for a sentient Tulpa to develop? I'm confused. :c

EDIT: Also, I'm running out of stories... :c

EDIT #2: I think I've made progress...? I wanted to keep her gender-neutral, but I keep referring to her as "her". So I think that that may be something. :/ I don't know.

Doesn't necessarily have to be stories. It can also be what's going on at the current moment. For example, very early on, I wanted to show mine the mall that I lived nearby, the stores I liked going to the most, the routes I took to get there, the things I normally looked at. You can also talk about how you're feeling on events that are going on.

Also, it seems like she is subtly telling you a bit that she is indeed listening. Just keep at it~

• Brohoof 1

Doesn't necessarily have to be stories. It can also be what's going on at the current moment. For example, very early on, I wanted to show mine the mall that I lived nearby, the stores I liked going to the most, the routes I took to get there, the things I normally looked at. You can also talk about how you're feeling on events that are going on.

Also, it seems like she is subtly telling you a bit that she is indeed listening. Just keep at it~

Ohke, I'm going to tell her all about the things I do. :3 I've already told her about mlp. The only problem is is when I'm doing something that takes up all my concentration, I completely forget, and I can't really tell her anything. Sometimes I remember, but forgot again in about 10 seconds.

This is just so exciting! The idea of a friend I can actually talk to and tell about everything is really cool, as I don't say anything to my irl friends. I'm too shy to do that... ;-;

I don't know if I would consider my tulpa young. She's over five months old now, and she kinda just sprang to life. I could see her clearly and hear her mindvoice very early on, so I don't know that she's ever been through that phase.

Also, it seems I don't take much time for tulpaforcing, but when I do, it's just awkward and I don't know what it is I'm supposed to do. She and I both want this to change, but we don't know what to do. :(

Sharlina: *sighs in agreement*

Also, it seems I don't take much time for tulpaforcing, but when I do, it's just awkward and I don't know what it is I'm supposed to do. She and I both want this to change, but we don't know what to do. :(

[Have you tried passive forcing, or maybe narrating your day to her?]

One of my favorite passive forcing activities is prompting my tulpas to cameo in movies or TV shows I'm watching.

(edited)

Just wondering, is forcing and narrating a lot enough for a full Tulpa to develop? Because I've not determined anything about my Tulpa's personality and form, so that she can choose that herself.

EDIT: I just found out that my special somepony had multiple Tulpa when she was young. :o

Edited by Midnight Frost

I don't know if this thread is only for discussion among those two have a tulpa and I really don't mean to sound like a jerk so I apologize in advance, but saying that a tulpa is sentient is incorrect as your brain always decides what's going on in your mind. Thoughts are always there, even if you are not aware of them. The brain will adapt after facing recurrent patterns of thoughts and will thereafter perform actions "without your knowlege". Just like dreaming. A tulpa isn't a being with their own life, it's just an evolved version of an imaginary friend which you have forced upon your brain so much that you believe it has become reality.

I'm not saying that tulpas are bad, it sounds quite fun but personally I like to live in reality.

[Have you tried passive forcing, or maybe narrating your day to her?]

One of my favorite passive forcing activities is prompting my tulpas to cameo in movies or TV shows I'm watching.

Yes, we do passive forcing. And that's a great idea! :D

Sharlina: I'll get to star in every video game he plays from now on! Even if I am a stand-by character. I can totally act however crazily I want. :D

I'll try narrating from time to time as well. :muffins:

I don't know if this thread is only for discussion among those two have a tulpa and I really don't mean to sound like a jerk so I apologize in advance, but saying that a tulpa is sentient is incorrect as your brain always decides what's going on in your mind. Thoughts are always there, even if you are not aware of them. The brain will adapt after facing recurrent patterns of thoughts and will thereafter perform actions "without your knowlege". Just like dreaming. A tulpa isn't a being with their own life, it's just an evolved version of an imaginary friend which you have forced upon your brain so much that you believe it has become reality.

I'm not saying that tulpas are bad, it sounds quite fun but personally I like to live in reality.

I know that, but I choose to ignore the facts. Otherwise creating a Tulpa would be impossible for me. :3
  • Brohoof 2

Sooooo... Its basically just schizophrenia?

I don't want to be one of the hundreds of people that are going to try and correct you.  Could you please just read up about it first before immediately dismissing it as such?

(edited)

I don't want to be one of the hundreds of people that are going to try and correct you.  Could you please just read up about it first before immediately dismissing it as such?

I have no idea where to start. :/

Edit: Ok. So it is basically an imaginary friend with a spiritual background according to Buddhist faith.?

Edited by Boyevyye De

(edited)

The understanding I've always had about it is that it's kind of like a hard drive on a computer being partitioned to run separate operating systems at the same time.  They're running on the same hardware, but are still running independent of each other.  That doesn't mean their thought processes share any of the same pathways.  In fact, I think I even remember someone doing a brain activity scan while having a conversation with a tulpa, and different areas of the brain light up.

My question is, how separate do they have to be in order to fit your definition of sentience?  For that matter, since mankind is part of the same biological system (Earth), does that mean we don't act independently of each other either?  Our actions are influenced by the actions of those around us, after all.  This is essentially the same thing but on a smaller scale, isn't it?

I have no idea where to start. :/

Edit: Ok. So it is basically an imaginary friend with a spiritual background according to Buddhist faith.?

Try www.tulpa.info for a better description.  No, it's not spiritual, and no, it's not at all like a mental disorder.  The best way I've heard it described (which I kind of mentioned in a post a few moments ago directed at someone else) is that it's like if your brain were the hard drive of a computer, and you partitioned a portion of it to run a different program (the tulpa) separate from the main program (you).  The reason they use "tulpa" is because the concept is similar to something from Buddhist faith; it's just understood now more as a psychological phenomenon instead of a spiritual one.

Edited by Time Shield

Try www.tulpa.info for a better description.  No, it's not spiritual, and no, it's not at all like a mental disorder.  The best way I've heard it described (which I kind of mentioned in a post a few moments ago directed at someone else) is that it's like if your brain were the hard drive of a computer, and you partitioned a portion of it to run a different program (the tulpa) separate from the main program (you).  The reason they use "tulpa" is because the concept is similar to something from Buddhist faith; it's just understood now more as a psychological phenomenon instead of a spiritual one.

Um... I tend to be critical with this type of stuff... So with that being said, it is sort of like an intense imaginary friend?

Um... I tend to be critical with this type of stuff... So with that being said, it is sort of like an intense imaginary friend?

Yes. It's basically an imaginary friend on steroids. I always call it controlled insanity. :3