Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

I don't have a tulpa myself as of yet, but I have known about, and have been reading every guide/forum topic I can get my hands on for the past year and a half or so.(Yeah I like reading about it, but until now have not had the motivation to actually attempt it, ha!) Anyway, I have talked to many, many people about the concept and application of a Tulpa. 99.999 percent of everyone I have told, including my own father, found it to be really cool. That being said, I don't think you should feel like you have to go out of your way to tell your parents about your tulpas. If you do feel like you want to tell them though, do it first by explaining in detail the concept of a tulpa from a psychological standpoint, and how it was used by monks through meditating to help them remember things, and promote mental discipline. Basically just ease into it I suppose.

I wish i can tell my family about my tulpas. Unfortunately i talked to them about the topic (not telling that that i developed tulpas) and they thought it was weird and didn't believe in it :(

well me cherry and myrtle are friends with @@FlutterBlue fluttershy, rainbowdash, pinkie pie and sky

Eeyup hehe and we talk to them almost everyday

hehe they are such nice and fun tulpas :)

welll i did not tell my parents about my tulpas I only told some of my friends about it if you are afraid on telling your parents then try not telling them :)

and remember... Natalie, David, Holly and marcelia are very real depending how real you believe they are :)

i think it is really cool how 2 tulpas in 2 different minds can be friends, that totally blows my mind!

• Brohoof 2

Is anyone else having problems loading tulpa.info? Is it my Internet connection that's the problem, or is it something with the site (such as my progress report being 44 pages long slowing things down)?

Is anyone else having problems loading tulpa.info? Is it my Internet connection that's the problem, or is it something with the site (such as my progress report being 44 pages long slowing things down)?

i was just there and it worked ok for me

Why don't people gain accidental tulpas of their wonderland forms? I'm asking because Keystroke possessed me once; he entered our wonderland, and saw a brown Earth Pony with bright blue eyes. I'm thinking that this earth pony could be my new wonderland form, but for some stupid reason I can't pin down, I don't like the idea of this form becoming a tulpa.

been trying to visualize and give her traits. i really hope this works because it will be cool if it does

here's a tip X3 do not try too hard.. because tullpamancer isn't work :) it's about being creative :), also tulpas, well most tulpas, don't like it when their host is feeling pressured. Even if you are starting out.. they can already sense your emotions X3.

here's a tip X3 do not try too hard.. because tullpamancer isn't work :) it's about being creative :), also tulpas, well most tulpas, don't like it when their host is feeling pressured. Even if you are starting out.. they can already sense your emotions X3.

i try to stay totally relaxed, half the time i fall asleep doing it LOL i can picture her in my mind and do a full 3D render of her but i can't see it clear and in color, i can see it but it is all black, like everything is black except for her and she is a tiny bit less black, like i am looking at her though a piece of black fabric. like you know how when you are in a pitch black room and you have your eyes adjusted and you can kinda make out the shapes of stuff? that is what i see

• Brohoof 1

i try to stay totally relaxed, half the time i fall asleep doing it LOL i can picture her in my mind and do a full 3D render of her but i can't see it clear and in color, i can see it but it is all black, like everything is black except for her and she is a tiny bit less black, like i am looking at her though a piece of black fabric. like you know how when you are in a pitch black room and you have your eyes adjusted and you can kinda make out the shapes of stuff? that is what i see

yeah that's how it works... a pitch black area.. :) although in my case.. summer's development was made through hypnosis but before that i first thought of summer but she was just an orb that time.. no form but a baby tulpa (thought form) :). Continue what you are doing it seems to me that you're on track X3

yeah that's how it works... a pitch black area.. :) although in my case.. summer's development was made through hypnosis but before that i first thought of summer but she was just an orb that time.. no form but a baby tulpa (thought form) :). Continue what you are doing it seems to me that you're on track X3

i hope so, maybe it wont take months. i have done maybe 4 or 5 hours so far. I did hear a voice that came out of nowhere that sounded like her she said "it's 300 bi*ch" so i don't know what the heck im creating LOL all i know is it was not one of my thoughts and it was female, all the grimdark twilight fanfics may be having an affect . i know it was not one of my thoughts because that phrase means nothing to me and i don't cuss, maybe i have more than one and they are having a cat fight LOL

(edited)

[A few pages back, I mentioned I was working on a song (with my host). I've just got onnne question: copyright. Can Hasbro sue tulpas or their hosts for being who they are (e.g., I look like, sound like, and answer to "Rainbow Dash")?]

{Let me see if I can clarify: the song/video is intended to go viral. Hasbro may or may not notice it and follow...well, something-or-other back to our progress report on tulpa.info. Our PG-13-rated progress report.

It's Cupcakes all over again: Little girl looks up some innocuous pony-related phrase and Bam! She finds something not intended for little girls.}

[Would Hasbro sue or file a C&D?]

Edited by KruegerMeister

[A few pages back, I mentioned I was working on a song (with my host). I've just got onnne question: copyright. Can Hasbro sue tulpas or their hosts for being who they are?]

{Let me see if I can clarify: the song/video is intended to go viral. Hasbro may or may not notice it and follow...well, something-or-other back to our progress report on tulpa.info. Our PG-13-rated progress report.

It's Cupcakes all over again: Little girl looks up some innocuous pony-related phrase and Bam! She finds something not intended for little girls.}

As long as you are not making money off it  i don't think they would

[A few pages back, I mentioned I was working on a song (with my host). I've just got onnne question: copyright. Can Hasbro sue tulpas or their hosts for being who they are (e.g., I look like, sound like, and answer to "Rainbow Dash")?]

You can't sue someone for having a thought.

(edited)

So I'd to create a tulpa based off Scootaloo, my favorite pony. Any advice for how to start?

Do I basically begin by talking to myself, and finally the tulpa will reply?

Edited by Charisma
  • Brohoof 1

@@simba86,@, Both of you are, as far as I can tell, exhibiting an error that's fairly common, but still serious.

How long ago did you first hear about this? If your answer is less than a month or two, I'd ask that you reconsider until it is. Keep in mind that this is a life-changing thing that will most likely stick to you until the day you die. You can't afford to be impulsive about it. It sounds cool now, but what about in a year? Two? Ten? Fifty? And why would you want one? Keep in mind that this is a living, thinking thing you're creating. How would you feel if you were created for the sole reason of "you sounded cool"? There needs to be more to life than that. There needs to be a purpose.

Please, take some time to consider this more thoroughly. This isn't a small thing. In fact, it's probably one of the biggest things of your entire life. 

#soapbox :P

@@simba86,@, Both of you are, as far as I can tell, exhibiting an error that's fairly common, but still serious.

How long ago did you first hear about this? If your answer is less than a month or two, I'd ask that you reconsider until it is. Keep in mind that this is a life-changing thing that will most likely stick to you until the day you die. You can't afford to be impulsive about it. It sounds cool now, but what about in a year? Two? Ten? Fifty? And why would you want one? Keep in mind that this is a living, thinking thing you're creating. How would you feel if you were created for the sole reason of "you sounded cool"? There needs to be more to life than that. There needs to be a purpose.

Please, take some time to consider this more thoroughly. This isn't a small thing. In fact, it's probably one of the biggest things of your entire life. 

#soapbox :P

What he said.  This is also why I personally discourage anyone to make a tulpa based on a fictional character, for three reasons.  Number one, the tulpa could experience identity crisis if it found out about the character it's based after.  Number two, deviation will most likely occur, which means the tulpa may act differently than the character or may not even want to be the character at all.  Number three, even if everything does go right, think about the long-term future.  While it may not seem like it now, you're probably not going to be a fan of MLP forever, and once you've moved on from the fandom, you're still stuck with one of the characters that you've grown bored of; how is that going to make the tulpa feel?

• Brohoof 2

What he said.  This is also why I personally discourage anyone to make a tulpa based on a fictional character, for three reasons.  Number one, the tulpa could experience identity crisis if it found out about the character it's based after.  Number two, deviation will most likely occur, which means the tulpa may act differently than the character or may not even want to be the character at all.  Number three, even if everything does go right, think about the long-term future.  While it may not seem like it now, you're probably not going to be a fan of MLP forever, and once you've moved on from the fandom, you're still stuck with one of the characters that you've grown bored of; how is that going to make the tulpa feel?

if you read my previous posts you will see that I am expecting and encouraging deviations from the Canon character, I can not predict how I will feel in the future because I have not experienced what it is like and can not predict how the tulpa will turn out, it is a big question mark like any relationship. i cant predict how i will feel until i experience it,and it is unlikely that I will ever get out of my little pony because I have been a fan of it for close to 22 years, the earliest episode I can remember watching was a rerun on the quest of the princess ponies when they fought lavan in the first generation

you know it 's uncanny to see that my tulpas doesn't have the same fear as i do.. and they think my fear is kinda funny XD

nihi's afraid of butterflies.. :wacko: 

ERR it's actually insects that flies... :unsure: but yeah summer cherry myrtle doesn't have the same phobia as i do XP

(edited)

So wait. A tulpa is a personality of any kind that you create in your mind and let it run free? Am I correct on this?

Edited by Dark Rider

So wait. A tulpa is a personality of any kind that you create in your mind and let it run free? Am I correct on this?

That's an incredibly simplified way to describe it, but is essentially correct.

• Brohoof 1

I heard about tulpas longer than a month ago. And I have very personal reasons for wanting to have a close friend with me at all times.

I believe I've found the guides I need,though, so I'm good.

So I think I may have made a tulpa by accident... It's been something that I noticed almost a year ago; where I found myself talking to myself, but it's not "me". It happened mostly when something bad was happening or when I felt unhappy, but it doesn't make me feel bad. It's more like it's challenging me. And over the months he's manifested into a form. I have no idea if it's because I might feel lonely or because I never vent anger to anyone or anywhere, but... I rather like him. Except when he's being a dick.

Are there any pros/cons to tactile or auditory imposition, for either the host or the tulpa?

Not necessarily. You can choose to practice imposition, or not. Theoretically, you can practice imposition on all five senses. However, it's recommended that you leave at least one sense unimposed as far as that's concerned. More to be on the safe side, and to make sure you remember that the tulpa is still a mental construct rather than an actual entity in the real world.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Not necessarily. You can choose to practice imposition, or not. Theoretically, you can practice imposition on all five senses. However, it's recommended that you leave at least one sense unimposed as far as that's concerned. More to be on the safe side, and to make sure you remember that the tulpa is still a mental construct rather than an actual entity in the real world.

[i think that I'd be able to remind him "hey doofus, I'm not physically here :P". Plus, as far as I know, solidness can't be imposed, because we aren't made of matter. Also, you wouldn't really expect to see My Little Ponies IRL.]

I thought I was the only one who had the idea to purposefully not impose one sense.

Edited by KruegerMeister