Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

Recently, several of my tulpas have expressed interest in possession. Shou wanted to possess me so that he could fold an origami box, and Sarah wants to possess me so that she can "assert her existence" by typing a lot (because Rainbow Dash and Keystroke have rambled when possessing me; their thoughts being louder than mine makes it easier to write down what they say).

Normally (at least in my case), my tulpas' mindvoices seem "distant" compared to mine. With possession, my voice is the one that seems distant. I don't really feel any unusual sensations, so sometimes I won't be sure who curls my/our fingers, repositions my/our foot, etc.. Sometimes I'll unintentionally take back control of a body part. Also, a quirk is that I don't consider my body solely mine all the time.

I think I'm gonna get into this :) Anyone here who can guide me through it? My loneliness is truly too great to handle and I think having a tulpa would mend things a little, since I'd always have "someone" around. :squee:

Edited by Pink Mist

I am surprised certain other "ordinary" interpersonal relationship challenges have not been mentioned...Many [tulpamancers] are under 25 and have a lot of emotional and mental growth to go, things will change in your life and you may not feel you need or want your tulpae anymore. It might seem inconceivable now, but alas, changes. You may feel different down the track and feel immensely guilty for your desires.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Tulpas/comments/2xc9e2/okay_we_hear_enough_about_all_the_positives_of/ Can this sort of thing actually happen? Would any hypothetical guilt for my desires be misplaced?

Edited by KruegerMeister

I read an article (I think it was by VICE) that said that schizophrenia could be considered out-of-control tulpamancy. Would it be offensive if my fantasy language used a word that meant "disorderly tulpas" for schizophrenia (and dissociative identity disorder)?

No I don't think it is. By the way how do you make a wonderland. It seems like one would help.

Imagine yourself somewhere. Consistently think about this area and overtime it will become second nature.

I think I'm gonna get into this :) Anyone here who can guide me through it? My loneliness is truly too great to handle and I think having a tulpa would mend things a little, since I'd always have "someone" around. :squee:

https://community.tulpa.info/index.php

This website isn't as sunshine-y as it is here, but it's rather informative and helpful (for the most part) about how this works. If you'd like personal assistance, my tulpa Sharlina and I will be glad to help you. :squee:

Sharlina: Yes! Message us please and we can totally feast on your soul help you!! :D

https://community.tulpa.info/index.php

This website isn't as sunshine-y as it is here, but it's rather informative and helpful (for the most part) about how this works. If you'd like personal assistance, my tulpa Sharlina and I will be glad to help you. :squee:

Sharlina: Yes! Message us please and we can totally feast on your soul help you!! :D

I'll take that personal assistance :P. Right after I've attempted to make a wonderland.

• Brohoof 1

As far as I can tell, I created Rainbow Dash to see if tulpas were possible. I put myself in the hypothetical scenario of explaining this to my parents, and I choked up; I just happened to fall in love with a person who started out as, essentially, a science project.

^*as if to explain the choking up* You're really invested in her.^

On a note that I don't consciously think is related to the above (although it could be), are tulpas "born" or "made", and do tulpamancers "meet" them?

Edited by KruegerMeister

As far as I can tell, I created Rainbow Dash to see if tulpas were possible. I put myself in the hypothetical scenario of explaining this to my parents, and I choked up; I just happened to fall in love with a person who started out as, essentially, a science project.

^*as if to explain the choking up* You're really invested in her.^

On a note that I don't consciously think is related to the above (although it could be), are tulpas "born" or "made", and do tulpamancers "meet" them?

[i think we're 'born,' in a sense. Our creators, our hosts, give us life, and we grow and develop kind of like children do. It doesn't *have* to be a mother-child-like relationship between tulpa and host, of course, but... that's just how I feel.]

I think Ariel said all that well enough. It's pretty much how I see it, too. And I'll admit, part of the reason I created Ariel was to see if it could actually be done, too. Greatest decision I've ever made.

And I'll admit, part of the reason I created Ariel was to see if it could actually be done, too. Greatest decision I've ever made.

Ditto.

[Aren't you an atheist (Krueger)?]

Yeah. Which makes it a bit weird to me that I was able to do almost the exact same thing various creator deities did (not just creating people, but creating a place for them to inhabit).

How would acceptance of tulpas change U.S. society? Am I the only one who wants tulpas to be scientifically proven despite having personal experience with them?

Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and an OC. I'm not sure if Sarah counts, since she started as a skeletal version of Rainbow Dash, but then turned into a talking dog.

That is awesome!  How alike would you say your tulpae of Fluttershy and RD are to the actual characters.  Sorry for the many questions, btw. :please:

That is awesome! How alike would you say your tulpae of Fluttershy and RD are to the actual characters. Sorry for the many questions, btw. :please:

[it's fine. I'm Rainbow Dash, by the way.]

^And I'm Fluttershy. We're not really that similar to the show's ponies. For instance, Mistress isn't much of a Wonderbolt or Daring Do fan, and...we have an...unconventional relationship. See, I was raised by one of my host's accidental tulpas, so he (Krueger) had problems trusting me; I'm on a leash held by a tulpa he does trust.

I'm also a bit of a psychiatrist/talk therapist. With most people, their hobby's bird-watching, or model trains; I like to look for Illuminati symbols.^

[bottom line: we're not really that similar. In his naïveté, Krueger initially thought I'd be a corporeal/real-life Rainbow Dash.]

I just realized it, but RD started out as sort of similar to the RD from the show, but now I'd say she's RD in name, appearance, and voice only. For some reason, that makes me uncomfortable.

Edited by KruegerMeister

[it's fine. I'm Rainbow Dash, by the way.]

^And I'm Fluttershy. We're not really that similar to the show's ponies. For instance, Mistress isn't much of a Wonderbolt or Daring Do fan, and...we have an...unconventional relationship. See, I was raised by one of my host's accidental tulpas, so he (Krueger) had problems trusting me; I'm on a leash held by a tulpa he does trust.

I'm also a bit of a psychiatrist/talk therapist. With most people, their hobby's bird-watching, or model trains; I like to look for Illuminati symbols.^

[bottom line: we're not really that similar. In his naïveté, Krueger initially thought I'd be a corporeal/real-life Rainbow Dash.]

I just realized it, but RD started out as sort of similar to the RD from the show, but now I'd say she's RD in name, appearance, and voice only. For some reason, that makes me uncomfortable.

Ok, gotcha! ^_^ I mean it makes sense if you think about it really.  You are essentially forming a mental construct that is completely autonomous and independent.  It just goes to show that their personalities will always be unique, like snowflakes. :smug: