Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

Age doesn't matter! I'm sure you could make a tulpa just as easily as anybody here.

Gender of the tulpa can be whatever you like. Most males do make female tulpas, however, maybe for some subconscious reason. Or maybe because the mane 6 are all female, so a female pony makes sense. In any case, you can make your tulpa whatever gender you like, even gender-neutral.

You can close your eyes or keep them open, whatever you feel works best for you. I myself like to keep my eyes open, though sometimes I close them too.

• Brohoof 2

Okay, you're doubting your tulpa far too much. Unless something was definitely you, it was probably your tulpa.

Tulpas can get pretty upset if they're ignored or if their actions are passed off as nothing. Try to avoid that if you can.

Also, I'd say the wings were a deviation. Sounds like your tulpa wants wings and you're restricting it. Remember your tulpa is a person with its own wants and needs!

I'll see what I can do. Also, are there any downsides to doing less then 30 minutes of tulpaforcing? I always end up doing it at around 9-10 PM at night. Talking to her is easy though, sitting there trying to focus on being in the room and all is not. Is there anything I could do to maybe help with concentrating?

I'll see what I can do. Also, are there any downsides to doing less then 30 minutes of tulpaforcing? I always end up doing it at around 9-10 PM at night. Talking to her is easy though, sitting there trying to focus on being in the room and all is not. Is there anything I could do to maybe help with concentrating?

derp this is me derp derp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derp derp this is me derp derp this is me derp derp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derp Edited by Legendyay Emerald

Wow. This is pretty amazing stuff. Ive decided I want to make one, but I have a few questions (Like a ton of other ponies here :3) Anyways,

1-When tulpaforcing, do you speak out loud, or in your head?

2-How do you pronounce tulpa? (Sorry if thats a stupid question)

3-When designing your tulpa, do you need to design everything? Or will the tulpa end up designing itself?

4-Can you touch your tulpa? I heard somewhere that you can, but considering that its not a physical thing, Im not sure I believe that source :)

5-Does your tulpa follow you around? Or does it stay in your room all day or something?

Wow. This is pretty amazing stuff. Ive decided I want to make one, but I have a few questions (Like a ton of other ponies here :3) Anyways,

1-When tulpaforcing, do you speak out loud, or in your head?

2-How do you pronounce tulpa? (Sorry if thats a stupid question)

3-When designing your tulpa, do you need to design everything? Or will the tulpa end up designing itself?

4-Can you touch your tulpa? I heard somewhere that you can, but considering that its not a physical thing, Im not sure I believe that source :)

5-Does your tulpa follow you around? Or does it stay in your room all day or something?

1. I don't think it really matters to much, i think in my head as not to make my parents think im crazy but anything you like is fine.

2. (tul)-(pa)

3. The tulpa may add some things and change others but mostly it is up to you to give it a body.

4. You can feel your tulpa only if you impose it on your sense of touch, this is pretty much saying you are making your touch recognize something that isn't there.

5. Generally they follow you around, but this depends on what they want, i'm not to far in so i can't answer for sure.

• Brohoof 1

That... has to be one of the craziest things I've ever heard.

The good kind of crazy, though. I don't believe I would have the time or patience to create a tulpa, or that I would want to deal with another being in my head. But that certainly is interesting. For some reason Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends comes to mind for me. Probably because the imaginary friends on that show are actually real imaginary friends. Seems that a tulpa is close as you can get.

Very, very interesting, thanks for this wonderful piece of information, and good luck with your tulpa!

• Brohoof 2

I was thinking of doing this but I was thinking.

1. What did you say when you started narrating?

2. What did you thought about when you started?

I'm just not sure how to start.

Edited by Uncliped

(edited)

I was thinking of doing this but I was thinking.

1. What did you say when you started narrating?

2. What did you thought about when you started?

I'm just not sure how to start.

1. Well, there is no 'magic word' that you say that suddenly makes a tulpa appear, if that's what you're thinking. All you need to do is to trick your mind into thinking something in your head is talking back. To jump-start this, you need to have a one sided conversation with yourself, until you feel something talk back. Talk about ANYTHING; how your day was, what your opinions about the world are, narrate a book or a piece of fan-fiction to them. ANYTHING at all. Talk to them like as if you were talking to a normal human being.

2. You just need to have the thought of them in your mind when you narrate to them. You don't have to think about their form if they don't have one yet, you just need to feel you are talking to someone else in your mind. Often when you start off, it will feel like you are just talking to yourself. That's normal; I felt like that too. But just push through it, and eventually you might feel that there is something else in there, listening.

I'm going to assume you missed the guides that I've linked? No worries, this is a big thread. I'll link them again. Try and read as many of these guides as you can, learn from all of them, and figure out for yourself what technique you are most comfortable with.

Guides here.

Moar guides. (This link is to all of the guides created on the tulpa forums. It isn't always sunshine and rainbows like this forum, but most of the people there are mature and helpful. Hey, there are even plenty of bronies there too.)

Edited by Rizoel & Crepuscule
  • Brohoof 2

Last night Tia suggested an experiment that not only I but a few of you others can try.

I used to be a pretty good lucid dreamer, (as Mindrop and Rizoel and Crepuscule may know) but I had stopped. My Tulpa suggested that I should try again and utilize the subconscious-conscious connection in a lucid dream to help impose her better.

However, I was unable to because the method to achieve a lucid dream (if nothing else works) is to undergo the sleep paralysis method. And it requires some mental mastery in order to do right. (Click spoiler for simple guide on how to do sleep paralysis if you are wondering)

First, lie on your back in your bed, legs uncrossed, arms at your side. Get comfortable as you would getting ready to go to sleep, and close your eyes, but keep your mind active.

The key here is to remain still; do not move any muscle in your body apart from your diaphragm (breathing) and if you cannot help it, your eyes. You will receive urges to move, brief spouts of itchiness, or a desire to roll over. It's the body testing for a brain response to see if you are asleep yet, so do not move through any of these.

If you are able to do this, then you will feel a sensation some say is akin to sinking. Others say more like a heaviness like a lead blanket being draped over your body, or a numb/tingling sensation starting at your feet and reaching across your whole body. This is sleep paralysis.

The next step is the hardest. As your brain shifts into the state that causes dreams, but has yet to enter a more sleeping state, you will experience vivid waking hallucinations and sensations that may be kind of frightening. The key here is to keep your heart rate low and your breathing level, or else you will shock yourself awake. Some of these hallucinations are (but are not limited to) shifting geometric patterns, feelings of falling, constant low sounds, whispers, feelings of people or objects moving around you, sensations of something touching you, changes in temperature, etc. (However, in this state, you will also find that you will be able to hear your Tulpa with increasing clarity. I haven't reached past this step yet, at least with Tia with me, as this obviously gives me the most trouble)

If you are able to keep calm even past this step, the hallucinations will deepen and pull you in, the sensation of paralysis disappears and you will find yourself in a lucid dream where you will have the ability to control your environment. Again, you will have to keep from being too excited at first because you will wake up if your heart rate exceeds a certain point, but in theory, you also would be able to bring forth your Tulpa, which should be able to appear completely visible and audible in this state, assuming of course, if your Tulpa has a voice and an image already.

What Tia theorizes is basically that you enjoy the dream with your Tulpa fully imposed, then when you wake, that connection will bleed into your Tulpa in waking life and it will be easier to see and hear your Tulpa afterwords. I have yet to see if she is right, but I'm willing to try.

And if any of you are able to do this before Bris can, I'd like to know how it went. I hope I was of help.

- Tia

Edited by Brisineo
  • Brohoof 7

Last night Tia suggested an experiment that not only I but a few of you others can try.

I used to be a pretty good lucid dreamer, (as Mindrop and Rizoel and Crepuscule may know) but I had stopped. My Tulpa suggested that I should try again and utilize the subconscious-conscious connection in a lucid dream to help impose her better.

However, I was unable to because the method to achieve a lucid dream (if nothing else works) is to undergo the sleep paralysis method. And it requires some mental mastery in order to do right. (Click spoiler for simple guide on how to do sleep paralysis if you are wondering)

First, lie on your back in your bed, legs uncrossed, arms at your side. Get comfortable as you would getting ready to go to sleep, and close your eyes, but keep your mind active.

The key here is to remain still; do not move any muscle in your body apart from your diaphragm (breathing) and if you cannot help it, your eyes. You will receive urges to move, brief spouts of itchiness, or a desire to roll over. It's the body testing for a brain response to see if you are asleep yet, so do not move through any of these.

If you are able to do this, then you will feel a sensation some say is akin to sinking. Others say more like a heaviness like a lead blanket being draped over your body, or a numb/tingling sensation starting at your feet and reaching across your whole body. This is sleep paralysis.

The next step is the hardest. As your brain shifts into the state that causes dreams, but has yet to enter a more sleeping state, you will experience vivid waking hallucinations and sensations that may be kind of frightening. The key here is to keep your heart rate low and your breathing level, or else you will shock yourself awake. Some of these hallucinations are (but are not limited to) shifting geometric patterns, feelings of falling, constant low sounds, whispers, feelings of people or objects moving around you, sensations of something touching you, changes in temperature, etc. (However, in this state, you will also find that you will be able to hear your Tulpa with increasing clarity. I haven't reached past this step yet, at least with Tia with me, as this obviously gives me the most trouble)

If you are able to keep calm even past this step, the hallucinations will deepen and pull you in, the sensation of paralysis disappears and you will find yourself in a lucid dream where you will have the ability to control your environment. Again, you will have to keep from being too excited at first because you will wake up if your heart rate exceeds a certain point, but in theory, you also would be able to bring forth your Tulpa, which should be able to appear completely visible and audible in this state, assuming of course, if your Tulpa has a voice and an image already.

What Tia theorizes is basically that you enjoy the dream with your Tulpa fully imposed, then when you wake, that connection will bleed into your Tulpa in waking life and it will be easier to see and hear your Tulpa afterwords. I have yet to see if she is right, but I'm willing to try.

And if any of you are able to do this before Bris can, I'd like to know how it went. I hope I was of help.

- Tia

Posted Image

This seems interesting. Although I've never purposely tried to lucid dream, I may be able to do this and tell you how things work out.

• Brohoof 1

derp this is me derp derp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derp derp this is me derp derp this is me derp derp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derp

Edited by Legendyay Emerald

I has a question.

i was tulpaforcing the personality today, and once i finished with some of the traits, I brought her into the wonderland for her to do stuff. I started narrating everything I was doing, but I started narrating everything she was doing also. The thing I'm worried about is that I was controlling her. I'm pretty sure that's bad, but what do you guys think I should do? Jus let her stand there? Cause that's all that happens without me doing anything. (I just barely started) thanks in advance

[EDIT] Nevermind. I got the question answered somewhere else.

Edited by MrAwesomeness

Forcing has been going slow, but asking Dan questions seems to be be helping somewhat. Unsure of what to do, so just narrated 5 major ideas as traits and let him develop from there. Currently unsure of form, but 2 major ideas for form have cropped up and I'm hoping he'll form closer to the first, because that's what popped up first, but he'll deviate as he wants.

Wonderland is going nicely.

At above..I think you should parrot a bit at first, then stop cold turkey once automatic actions begin.

I've just had my first session and I thought about narrating to her. Could I talk to her throughout the day? I think if i just think of her (to my understanding) when I talk it should still be narrating right? I will still have tulpaforcing session but I didn't know if i could do this.

Edited by Sky Warp

Yeah, of course you can talk to her throughout your day! But you can't just think of her when you talk and you'll be talking to her. That's not how it works with other people, right?

You have to talk to her when you talk to her. If it helps, imagine she's behind you and you're just talking to her like that.

- Tia

CAN'T WAIT TO TRY THAT! mostly because i sleep alot, but still. I think I'd be good at this. I will also be able to stop ignoring my (mostlikely starved of attention) tulpa.

P.S. This will be my second tulpa Posted Image

Edited by princess baconlestia

My tulpa is still in creation. Hasnt even talked or moved yet although some deviation has happened. But what do you guys think about switching? Have any of you done it? (For those of you who don't know, switching is when you and your tulpa switch bodies.) it seems pretty intense. Yet awesome at the same time.

Edited by MrAwesomeness

My tulpa is still in creation. Hasnt even talked or moved yet although some deviation has happened. But what do you guys think about switching? Have any of you don't it? (For those of you who don't know, switching is when you and your tulpa switch bodies.) it seems pretty intense. Yet awesome at the same time.

(For those of you who don't know, switching is when you and your tulpa switch bodies.)

(For those of you who don't know, switching is when you and your tulpa switch bodies.)

(you and your tulpa switch bodies)

(switch bodies)

What? Is that even possible? That seems very interesting, I'll probably try it when I find out how to do it, and when she becomes more realistic/sentient.

Well I think I tried switching (not sure if it is exactly what you mean), but it is quite difficult. You need a lot of concentration to do it and even more to make it stable...

(you and your tulpa switch bodies)

(switch bodies)

What? Is that even possible? That seems very interesting, I'll probably try it when I find out how to do it, and when she becomes more realistic/sentient.

Eeyup. It's possible. I had a hard time believing it when I first heard about it. But after reading up on it for a while, I realized that its actually possible.

Well I think I tried switching (not sure if it is exactly what you mean), but it is quite difficult. You need a lot of concentration to do it and even more to make it stable...

Yeah, I've heard that too. But with practice, it is very possible to do it for extended periods of time. I've heard a story about this guy switching with his tulpa for around an hour or so. (The tulpa played black mesa :P) I'm not entirely sure if its true, but if it is, that would be simply awesome.

Eeyup. It's possible. I had a hard time believing it when I first heard about it. But after reading up on it for a while, I realized that its actually possible.

O_0 It seems it would be quite...weird. Now that I think about it, it also seems very interesting. If you are your tulpa, no one should be able to see you, and you should be able to go through walls? While at the same time, your tulpa is now you, enabling he/she to communicate with the outside world.

Plus being a pony for awhile seems awesome.

O_0 It seems it would be quite...weird. Now that I think about it, it also seems very interesting. If you are your tulpa, no one should be able to see you, and you should be able to go through walls? While at the same time, your tulpa is now you, enabling he/she to communicate with the outside world.

Plus being a pony for awhile seems awesome.

Whoa. I've never though about it that way before. Walking through walls and such. That would be crazy. Except you would only have the knowledge that your body has so you wouldn't be able to see anything on the other side of the wall besides what you assume there is.

Just as I was thinking. Being a pony. Except that the tulpa has to be completely imposed on the environment for the full effect.

Whoa. I've never though about it that way before. Walking through walls and such. That would be crazy. Except you would only have the knowledge that your body has so you wouldn't be able to see anything on the other side of the wall besides what you assume there is.

Just as I was thinking. Being a pony. Except that the tulpa has to be completely imposed on the environment for the full effect.

I can't really picture it well :/ I guess it would be like having "Noclip" mode on. But still, I can't get past how a person can become someone else. Like going into someone else's body. Hearing it be possible IRL seems very weird. And then at the same time have a tulpa control your body.

Now that I think more into it, create a very freaky messed up close to invincible tulpa, let him take over your body, join army, profit lol.

Or create a tulpa with god-like intelligence, let him/her take over, profit.

This seems like a very interesting concept.

Edited by Riclo

I haven't 'switched bodies' with my Tulpa but, she has taken control of mine for small amounts of time.

It is possible. The feeling is like...you are looking with your eyes but you aren't in control of your actions.

It's pretty cool. I think you guys should try it at least once. A good trust-building exercise.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't 'switched bodies' with my Tulpa but, she has taken control of mine for small amounts of time.

It is possible. The feeling is like...you are looking with your eyes but you aren't in control of your actions.

It's pretty cool. I think you guys should try it at least once. A good trust-building exercise.

I'll be sure to try it when the time comes, which is most likely very far off :/

Maybe let her be me or a day or something. I seem to have the uncanny ability to change personalities very quickly. I'll just have to do that more often so people don't think I have problems.

Or will that create more :?

Either way, seems something epic to do in the future.