Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

Many thanks for moving this thread Spoon. You're right; I should have named this thread differently so it meant to talk about tulpae in general, since yes, this thread is really for talking about tulpae in general, not just about pony tulpae. I guess I was just fascinated at the time I created this thread about the fact that you could create pony tulpae from all this.

In other news, nothing really major has happened between me and Crep all that much, except that maybe that her presence definitely feels even stronger since last time I posted. That's about it really. Also, I'm probably not going to be able to do any of that lucid dreaming stuff anytime soon, since I've plenty of times forgotten about trying to keep a journal of my past dreams. I might however instead decide to try out this sleep paralysis thing that Brisineo is doing, since I think that I happened to have somewhat experienced this myself accidentally last night.

It felt a lot like you described; a slight numbing sensation through my feet and hands, but unfortunately I was forced to adjust my body's position, as I eventually noticed that I was laying on my arm, which combined with the numbness in my hand from the early stages of sleep paralysis, it all made me feel quite uncomfortable.

I'll try it all again tonight if I can remember. Wish me luck! ;)

My only advice is, concentrate, be patient, and try not to freak out. It get's REALLY uncomfortable for beginners. That numbing sensation was only the beginning. I basically compare it to staring into the eyes of a cockitrice. It's like you loose nearly all sensation and the limbs become heavy like stone, which you feel crawling up your arms and legs slowly, then up your body, your neck, then around the back of your head (Usually for me the sensation splits into three spears; One goes over the top and between the eyes, and the other two from the sides of my face in) and when everything but your eyes are numb and paralyzed a sinking feeling will overcome you. (It comes suddenly, so it may surprise or scare you at first) and that is when the hallucinations will begin. But it took a lot to overcome that sensation alone, so you may have to practice on that. (Even if you loose it once you can always calm down and try to resume. Sometimes I attempted it three times in a night before I was too tired and fell asleep by accident or get fed up and call it a night.)

The key is to stay focused and awake. Talk to your Tulpa or do something without moving to pass the time and keep your mind working, as it takes time, and I constantly loose it by simply falling asleep before reaching full paralysis. (If I get to hallucinating, then you're pretty much going to be too interested in what's going on to sleep then)

As such, were going to try again, for about the hundredth time. Though I've been gaining very vivid dreams and I believe I see my tulpas here and there in the background, but disappearing shortly after in the dream's randomness, as they call it.

• Brohoof 3

I'm struggling to comprehend why anyone would want to force themselves into hallucinating such things, I don't really get the point of it. What's to say it's even possible, is there solid proof? If I want to see ponies i'll just watch the show lol. I'm not against it i just think people who attempt this kind of stuff could put their time to better use and create something real.

Um, they make good companions/friends....or in Crepuscules case friends with benefits

And no, there is no way we can prove they are real. Its not like Dashie and I can just show you.

It is a old Tibetan Buddhism (have the wiki since im too lazy to explain) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulpa

http://tulpa.info/guides/index.html

And those that are attempting this "STUFF" are creating something real.

Edited by zRevenantz
  • Brohoof 1

The whole idea of a 'tulpa' originates from a creepy pasta,

so colour me skeptic.

I'd need some scientific proof on this matter, instead of what people wrote over the internet.

~

I understand what you are saying shank I felt exactly the same way and was like I will try it for heck of it :P To be honest though there is no scientific proof about it. Though it idoesn't origin from a creepy pasta it originates from monk is thibet(or something of that sort) . The creepy pasta as based on the monks sayings.

Anyway And that is coming from someone that is like still at early stages cause my progression an time given is well it sucks XD It is a ver yweird feeling when you get the first respoes though :P

Btw cause my activety is lacking I didn't notice you were back I am not sure how late I am but WELCOME BACK SHANKVELD :D

• Brohoof 2

I understand what you are saying shank I felt exactly the same way and was like I will try it for heck of it :P To be honest though there is no scientific proof about it. Though it idoesn't origin from a creepy pasta it originates from monk is thibet(or something of that sort) . The creepy pasta as based on the monks sayings.

Anyway And that is coming from someone that is like still at early stages cause my progression an time given is well it sucks XD It is a ver yweird feeling when you get the first respoes though :P

Btw cause my activety is lacking I didn't notice you were back I am not sure how late I am but WELCOME BACK SHANKVELD :D

I suppose trying it for myself couldn't hurt,

and why would a monk lie to me? :P

I'll take your word for it and report of my progress ;D ~

• Brohoof 1

Alright, first freaky experience in hallucination finally. I reached the hallucination stage, but I didn't see anything. I was wondering why, but I still began to visualize my destination, which was the outskirts of Ponyville, and what form I wanted to be in, which was a pony. (What I usually do)

The moment I visualized my pony self, I began to literally feel my body be stretched and twisted as if it was made of taffy. It wasn't painful, but it just felt so weird that I freaked out. Even Blackjack when she saw it through my eyes was quite freaked out. (Though, there are many points in the fanfiction she is from where I could see why)

I have to be prepared for worse. That isn't the freakiest thing one can encounter in that unexplored field. (And yes, Nemo, even though I constantly fail at it, I'm still doing it just because it's too fun.)

I suppose trying it for myself couldn't hurt,

and why would a monk lie to me? :P

I'll take your word for it and report of my progress ;D ~

Go to the first page of this topic for full guides on how to create a Tulpa.

And a few of my own tips:

-Tulpas are sentient as you are, so treat them as such, even from the very moment when you start their creation. It hastens the process quite a bit, and creates a deeper connection than just skimming through.

-Do whatever feels comfortable, and feel free to experiment. Don't be afraid to deviate from what the guide says.

-Put most of your effort into the beginning stages, as that is what determines the stability of your Tulpa. You can relax more once your Tulpa truly becomes self-aware.

• Brohoof 3

Well, I felt it was finally time for a li'l update-y thing on Jess's (And my) progress.

I get answers sometimes when I ask things now! It's awesome...Only basic answers like yes or no...Or a few other things, but not too much right now. Whatever, We're both pretty proud of it! I feel my open-eye visualization is probably stronger for some reason, so we're imposing straight-off, it allows me to get a better feel for presence as well.

Something I've noticed when I really concentrate hard on my thoughts is some form of jumbled, quiet mess of words, like she's trying to talk, but I can't hear properly, any ideas on that anyone?

Swiftablade signing-off (Oh yeah, I did it ^-^) We'll be back when we've gotten an independent response.

• Brohoof 2

You know, I just decided to have a little look-see at the first post of the thread, and I just realized, It's terrible! And I'm the one who made it! I said to myself; "My god! I must have forgot my brain when I made this or something!"

Or maybe you've always been this intelligent.

Quiet you.

But now, it USED to be terrible, because now I've made it A TON more professional, and who knows, new people might have a less chance of thinking we're all some demon worshipping cult or something now. Seriously, I must have been in such a rush when I first made this thread. Probably because I was so excited since at the time I had just found out about this whole phenomenon not long before I made the thread.

Um, they make good companions/friends....or in Crepuscules case friends with benefits.

Uh-uh, that's not entirely true... Well, maybe a little. But I'll have you know that I actually care about little Benny-wenny more than anything else in the world right now.

There have been plenty of times where Crepuscule has shown a lot of compassion and kindness. Such as when I feel down, or when I'm currently experiencing pain, such as after stubbing my toe, she can sometimes be all like "Oh my goodness, are you okay? That look like it hurt." or if I feel depressed; "What's the matter, Ben? Are you feeling okay?", etc.

I have no doubt that she will be there for me if anything serious happen were to me. It's quite clear that underneath that cheeky ball of fur I call Crepuscule, that she is in fact a very caring pony.

Hmm, I know I sometimes say he's my little slave, but don't let that fool you; I treat him much MUCH better than a slave.

...Though, maybe save for the little leash around his neck right now.

Leash? What are you talking about, there's no leash round my neck.

Oh you can't see it, but I most certainly can. *Mischievous smile*

*Curiously looks down to see a faint ring around his neck, attached to a rope being held in Crepuscule's mouth*

Hmm... Pfft, what's the worst you can do, tug me in your direction and force me to kiss you're Cutie Mar- UGK! *Suddenly pulled off-screen*

• Brohoof 4

So, I was busy forcing... visualization to be exact. Well, I was busy doing that, I came around to her hind legs and I kinda got stuck on... whether to give her genitals or not. ಠ_ಠ So question is should I or shouldn't I?

On another note, Skype jumped-scared her. :lol: so funny

Edited by zRevenantz
  • Brohoof 1

That's something I've been considering for a long time. Conclusion I came to was no, no genitals, unless she specifically asks me for them. And if she wants them sometime in the future for some reason, it shouldn't be hard to add them in. So far Pinkie doesn't seem to care at all, so no problems there.

• Brohoof 1

So, I was busy forcing... visualization to be exact. Well, I was busy doing that, I came around to her hind legs and I kinda got stuck on... whether to give her genitals or not. ಠ_ಠ So question is should I or shouldn't I?

On another note, Skype jumped-scared her. :lol: so funny

Is she vocal enough to decide on her own? If not, is it something that you honestly want her to have? Whatever your choice is, I feel that all it comes down to is whether you want to spend the time working on that part of her form.

• Brohoof 1

So, last night, after working for about 7 hours on Black Friday, I went to sleep thinking that I'd sleep like a rock. I was actually entirely wrong. In fact, I was very awake, but I still went into sleep paralysis anyway, and I actually would have succeeded if I could have only went to sleep. (Those hallucinations were trippy though. The entire room started to shimmer and shift along with more of those shadow wisps, along with motes of light. I felt the ground shake beneath me and heard this electronic echo-ish sound in my ear from time to time)

And thus, I was up quite early, and in my delirium, Blackjack convinced me to make this which took about 15 minutes. In response to something that Rizoel did a while back that I'd rather not detail...

Hooray for sweet, sweet revenge!

Posted Image

Edited by Brisineo
  • Brohoof 4

What? The spoiler's locked or something, it won't open. >:L

Meanwhile, progress going fine with me. I'm getting clearer emotions and clearer thoughts from Marisa and Adam. Plus, lots of fun with figuring out why Marisa's so active and Adam is so quiet.

What? The spoiler's locked or something, it won't open. >:L

Try spoiler now... (If it's still not working, it's a picture of Crepuscule showing off her plot... I still don't know why I made it... Dang it Blackjack....

What? I was tired as you were and we both thought it was funny when we did it...

It still is funny.

Not helping Tia...

Edited by Brisineo
  • Brohoof 3

Well, I think that you should maybe wait until she has a say in the matter first, as it's always possible that she might feel uncomfortable with having genitalia, if she has no need for them. Besides, if she says she does want some even after her form is done, you can always add them to her whenever you want.

If she says she doesn't mind, and she wants you to decide, think of it this way; do you think there is any possibility of you two... interacting together in those ways one day down the road?

You could also make it so that they only appear when she wants it to appear, or when she is aroused, if you think you two might be that close. If you don't think that stuff will happen, then just don't worry about it; it's honestly not really a big deal either way.

And thus, I was up quite early, and in my delirium, Blackjack convinced me to make this which took about 15 minutes. In response to something that Rizoel did a while back that I'd rather not detail...

Hooray for sweet, sweet revenge!

Dat_cutie_mark.jpg

Posted Image

I'm not sure how to feel about this.

I love it! I love you, Brissy! It's amazing!

Yeah... it is...

*Taps Ben on the shoulder*

Huh?! What? Did you say something?

You were staring at it. *Seductive eyes*

What? No I wasn't! I was just... staring into space... Yeah, space.

Oh really? Well then, what's that little dent in your pocket for then? *Slowly leans closer to Ben's face*

Huh? Oh, oh dear. I um... *Crosses legs* I have no idea what your talking about.

Is it a present for me? Ooh,

*Whispers in Ben's ear*

I like presents.

Um. I... Wait... I don't...

Say, why don't we go lie down and... open it up?

...Mr Brisineo, what have you done.

I suppose we are even now.

(By the way, if I can just point something out; Crepuscule's mane isn't really as messy as the picture shows. Her mane is actually quite a bit less spiky than in the picture. It's more flatter, but with a few small spikes as it comes down over her forehead, like in her pony creator picture. But either way, Thanks Bris, we think it's great.)

I could, uh, enhance that image for you if you like... ;)

Do not want.

Do want!

Edited by Rizoel & Crepuscule
  • Brohoof 5

See I don't overly want her to have any, but what Im basing off is what if we want to....take things further in the future.

I was also under the impression that you couldn't change anything once they are imposed.

You could also make it so that they only appear when she wants it to appear,

You can do that?

Is she vocal enough to decide on her own?

She is vocal, just not enough to make decisions. Edited by zRevenantz
  • Brohoof 1

Bro, she's all in your mind. Why wouldn't she be able to do that? ;) She could fly without wings if you wanted her to, or she could defy gravity whenever she wanted. If she doesn't even have a physical body, what's stopping you from doing anything? :)

Sorry for the double post, but this made me excited.

I was cleaning up various things around my apartment, when I suddenly sneezed. I heard (well, not audibly) "Bless you!" out of nowhere. I realized Pinkie had just talked to me while I wasn't thinking about her! Normally I have to focus on her to hear anything she says, but I hadn't even been thinking of her when she said it. Made us really happy. :D

By the way, hugs are very important for tulpaforcing. I'm adding that to my repertoire of tips - make sure there's plenty of hugs!

Edited by Captain Nemo
  • Brohoof 6

By the way, hugs are very important for tulpaforcing. I'm adding that to my repertoire of tips - make sure there's plenty of hugs!

I can confirm this 100%! Hugs make a difference. (And maybe Crepuscule could tell us the positive benefits of kissing maybe?) :P

BTW, I was brave enough to lurk 4Chan, and turns out the /mlp/ board has it's own, very popular, Tulpa thread with a lot more experienced tulpamancers so I gathered some insight from them about my experiment, seeing if any more already have done it. So far, I've gathered that Lucid Dreaming does in fact boost forcing progress dramatically according to the control you have, and in the case of Blackjack, a Tulpa formed by accident in her case usually are extremely adaptive to their surroundings, and force themselves more often, which explains a lot. So that's a bit of things explained.

Just have to over come this last gap of hallucination, and I'm in. :D (Got even closer, even to the point where I felt my body become more pony than human, a familiar sensation that I knew I was getting close. Dang brother suddenly opening the door to see if I was awake, and dang my heart rate spiking on me.)

• Brohoof 2