Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

I know I've asked this before, but I'll ask it again: does "subconscious" include the electrical signals that make the heart beat and lungs expand/collapse?

If we can do that that means we can kill our host along with ourselves... -_- so no...we can't although we can breath via memory.. but we can't intercept it with our host's control...we just can't I tried it, Nihi wants me to do it as a test.. it's quite hard and almost impossible XP. Our control of reach can only be in our hosts mind.. but not the entire brain not until our host let us to...  I mean we can atleast intercept what our host is thinking and replace it with our own, although that is still quite difficult..

Edited by Elesis

I mean we can atleast intercept what our host is thinking and replace it with our own, although that is still quite difficult..

Why would you?

On a related note, what do you think of this? The guy who posted that had a pretty bad tulpamancing experience, but does that invalidate the point made in this post?

[Why would it?]

{I think you're using a logical fallacy; "if this guy speaks grains of truth...maybe conspiracists do!", annnd you're scared of conspiracists being right.}

Why would you? On a related note, what do you think of this? The guy who posted that had a pretty bad tulpamancing experience, but does that invalidate the point made in this post?

I wouldn't I wouldn't dare do that.. to nihi :o. Although sometimes we do it by accident... and it really makes me and us feel very bad about it.. :(... it made nihi confused and anxious. But now it's under control..

Oh oguigi.. Nihi told me about her before and her story. You know i really don't like what she did to his host... Just the thought of it makes me frustrated.. Yeah it's fun to fully posses and used the body for yourself but to an extent like that... It's just makes me kinda annoyed but i guess that's what she and her host wants.. and about that post.. It's definitely true.. We really doesn't have any master plan or evil plan... why would we though?

Edited by Elesis

I kind of want to start a discussion/analysis on the stuff she and her host posted on their tumblr, but I feel like it'd be the same as talking about someone behind their back, even if I attempted to justify it by saying "we're doing this to learn from the past".

On a different topic, is it possible to determine if someone has a tulpa or not via things like body language or facial expressions?

Edited by KruegerMeister

I'm looking or tips on creating a tulpa. I know what the general process is but it would help if somepony who's already done it to talk me through it. And my friends think I've gone insane after I told one of them I wanted to make a tulpa and if they knew anything about it (they didn't and I made a foolish choice of explaining it).

I'm looking or tips on creating a tulpa. I know what the general process is but it would help if somepony who's already done it to talk me through it. And my friends think I've gone insane after I told one of them I wanted to make a tulpa and if they knew anything about it (they didn't and I made a foolish choice of explaining it).

What part were you thinking of starting with?

[Krueger's tulpa here. If you don't mind me asking, how exactly did you explain it to your friends? It's cool if you don't want to talk about it, though. I'm just curious.]

On a related note, what do you think of this?

So we read that and some extra posts about it. My tulpas actually felt threatened that I might believe this (with Val's exception, who blatantly disagreed with that).

Val: The problem is, we would never ever hurt Anon. Even if we wanted to (which we don't, because we hurt ourselves). Not because Arcadia would stop us (because we scrapped it), but because, for example, trying to possess Anon without his control is absolutely impossible. Even when we possess by his request certain parts of his body (because we don't want to either); he acts as overwatch. That is, he observes us so when we do one thing that can possibly hurt him or put in a dislikable situation, he would immediately retake control of the possessed body part. And if he can't (out of which chances cannot be written at how low they can possible be), Anon literally kicks the possesser out (sometimes accompanied by the other tulpas, too). I don't believe that we would actually do more bad that good. I understand why we might be seen as illusions or something like that, but that does not stop us or forces us to act in the name of evil instead of good. We always help the host in the best of our abilities.

An example of bad tulpamancy experience I had was my issue with the Accidental Tulpa. AKA 'De-Facto'. Right now, she is completely reformed (or 95% of her. Because her origins are, undeniably, from intrusive thoughts; my interaction with her is rather different and slightly less enjoyable than with the rest since the energy she uses to talk is actually negative, even if her intentions are honest and good. There is a plan for that 5% though.). I am mentioning her because in this moment, she actually is good at heart. The trick is that we (as in all of my tulpas. Barely me) cannot mention what she did in the past without feeling a ridiculous amount of regret or sadness from her.

Tyrea: Much to my surprise, she seems rather traumatised. It would seem that we cannot mention the events to her without those feelings from her. Rather, we prefer not to talk about it. After all, she experienced not only a crippling identity crisis and now she seems rather traumatised by what she did to us (tulpas) and what she tried to do to Anon. Despite being forgiven, because no real damage was done to Anon but rather to Arcadia itself (which was repairable), she cannot forgive herself. So we prefer to leave her heal herself, either by spending quality time with Anon or simply by roaming free in the new wonderland.

Edited by TheAnonPony

What part were you thinking of starting with?

[Krueger's tulpa here. If you don't mind me asking, how exactly did you explain it to your friends? It's cool if you don't want to talk about it, though. I'm just curious.]

The form seems like it would be easier to start with

And the way I explained a tulpa was a sentient imaginary friend that someone can create and interact with (that's sort of how I explained it)

If it were possible to transfer a tulpa into a simplistic artificial body (assuming such a thing could be created, ie, with brain, nerves, muscles, etc.), would any of the tulpas here do it? Why or why not?

[What, no, that's... weird. I'd rather stay connected to my host. It's... It's hard to explain, but we have this connection, almost intimate... (Not in that way!) But we share a bpdy, and I don't know how I'd feel if I suddenly had a body of my own. Maybe it'd be cool physical proof of our existence, but... yeah. Just kind of iffy on that whole thing.]

Well, that's pretty much what Ariel had to say... She seems pretty uncertain.

If it were possible to transfer a tulpa into a simplistic artificial body (assuming such a thing could be created, ie, with brain, nerves, muscles, etc.)

First of all, full discretion: technology is not there yet.  :P

That said, though, I imagine it'd be difficult to separate them from the host mind. The closest I could imagine would be copying their personality, which isn't so much a "transfer" as "ctrl+c ctrl+v". Furthermore, I can't imagine it'd be possible to ctrl+x them that easily. :P

But, this does bring up an interesting alternate scenario: total brain mapping and copying. Now again, this is *pretty* far off, but the theory is that if a computer were to be "uploaded" with your brain, it could think like you with your personality. Now, this would require knowing where *every* neuron is and how they interact with every other neuron. Furthermore, it would require that you be recently deceased in order to get at that brainy goodness hands-on. Needless to say, fancy stuff that no one has any idea how to do, but would ultimately result in immortality of sorts.  :wacko:

But the question I'm trying to ask is this: If a person who had a tulpa were to be uploaded into a computer, would that be, in theory, the best way to prove their existence? Since I'd assume any thought *could* be translated into speech at that point, the thoughts of the tulpa would be included. Thus meaning, they'd be able to speak directly.

Food for thought.  ;)

First of all, full discretion: technology is not there yet. :P

That said, though, I imagine it'd be difficult to separate them from the host mind. The closest I could imagine would be copying their personality, which isn't so much a "transfer" as "ctrl+c ctrl+v". Furthermore, I can't imagine it'd be possible to ctrl+x them that easily. :P

But, this does bring up an interesting alternate scenario: total brain mapping and copying. Now again, this is *pretty* far off, but the theory is that if a computer were to be "uploaded" with your brain, it could think like you with your personality. Now, this would require knowing where *every* neuron is and how they interact with every other neuron. Furthermore, it would require that you be recently deceased in order to get at that brainy goodness hands-on. Needless to say, fancy stuff that no one has any idea how to do, but would ultimately result in immortality of sorts. :wacko:

But the question I'm trying to ask is this: If a person who had a tulpa were to be uploaded into a computer, would that be, in theory, the best way to prove their existence? Since I'd assume any thought *could* be translated into speech at that point, the thoughts of the tulpa would be included. Thus meaning, they'd be able to speak directly.

Food for thought. ;)

My theoretical idea was less "separation from host" and just "embodiment". For any tulpas that aren't comfortable with the possibility of seeing things their host can't, I think that wireless cameras or something could be used to maintain the "tulpas can't see what the host isn't looking at" thing; if a tulpa and host are in separate locations, the tulpa isn't "blind" as long as the host can somehow see the location the tulpa is in.

[Monitors aren't viewscreens.]

Mindvoice communication could be done through...the closest I can come up with is subdermal bluetooth headsets, which isn't really "mindvoice". Also, this whole thing assumes that neuroelectricity is the same as the electricity that powers lights, phones, etc., and that there is some way to contain it.

First of all, full discretion: technology is not there yet.  :P

But, this does bring up an interesting alternate scenario: total brain mapping and copying. Now again, this is *pretty* far off, but the theory is that if a computer were to be "uploaded" with your brain, it could think like you with your personality. Now, this would require knowing where *every* neuron is and how they interact with every other neuron. Furthermore, it would require that you be recently deceased in order to get at that brainy goodness hands-on. Needless to say, fancy stuff that no one has any idea how to do, but would ultimately result in immortality of sorts.  :wacko:

Food for thought.  ;)

I think that long before the technology will exist to transfer a consciousness into a computer, we would first have the technology to have our minds read in some way that could be directly broadcast.  By that I mean, I think it's far more likely that someone will develop the technology that would read thoughts and convert them to speech through a speaker or images through a monitor.  Such technology could easily be adjusted to the proper part of the brain where a tulpa lives, allowing them a way to interact with others in the real world.

I think that long before the technology will exist to transfer a consciousness into a computer, we would first have the technology to have our minds read in some way that could be directly broadcast.  By that I mean, I think it's far more likely that someone will develop the technology that would read thoughts and convert them to speech through a speaker or images through a monitor.  Such technology could easily be adjusted to the proper part of the brain where a tulpa lives, allowing them a way to interact with others in the real world.

[Ooooh. Now that, would be awesome :D]

Um, yeah! What she said, not much I can add other than to satisfy the character limit~

I know that tulpas can give you head-pressures in certain areas, but isn't it true that thoughts come from multiple areas of the brain? Such as the occipital lobe for visual imposition, the temporal lobe for mindvoice (I think), etc.?

On an unrelated topic, how come text in square brackets (with forward-slashes) doesn't count toward the character limit?

Parroting is a sign of lack of autonomy, no? What about what I call paraphrasing (pretty much, the tulpa forms their opinions by mixing bits and pieces of opinions the host holds, has held, or has heard of. Example: host has heard of people doing things "ironically"; host doesn't buy into New Age ideas; tulpa is interested in New Age stuff purely for aesthetic value)?

Is there any reason to worry about parrotnoia, if people have such a hard time figuring out if human beings have free will?

EDiT: [Here's an unrelated thing. I kinda sang last night. In front of a crowd. They clapped, and I absorbed purple smoke (that's pretty much how my host visualizes tulpa energy/food). He's a bit (not much, but barely) worried that I'll be slowly corrupted, because reasons. Is what I did more like "letting things go to my head", or "pigging out"?]

Edited by KruegerMeister

Is there any reason to worry about parrotnoia, if people have such a hard time figuring out if human beings have free will?

Val: Parroting is not much of a big issue. If done excessively (and i mean in ridiculous quantities) though, it can cause similar damage like over puppeting does. The way we do it is that we complete or suggest Anon ideas the same way he helps us vocalise our opinions (we have this mutual understanding of each other), in moderate quantities. Personally, I don't think parrotnoia is an incredibly big problem. 

They clapped, and I absorbed purple smoke (that's pretty much how my host visualizes tulpa energy/food). He's a bit (not much, but barely) worried that I'll be slowly corrupted, because reasons.

Val: Wait. What?

Tyrea: If that purple cloud came from the Krueger himself (that is, he made it and the crowd gave it), then there's no issue. If not, then I still doubt it being an issue. The only real way to 'corrupt' a tulpa is through (in our experience) being seriously influenced by negative/intrusive thoughts that want your worst. And even then, it's incredibly hard. In our case, when we (counter)attack a negative thought, it doesn't actually talk to us (tulpas); just attacks silently. It often talks, but not in the sense that it intends to reason. More like gibberish. Spontaneous creation of corrupting elements is rare, in our experience. you could always change the color though...

Edited by TheAnonPony

Val: Wait. What?

Tyrea: If that purple cloud came from the Krueger himself (that is, he made it and the crowd gave it), then there's no issue. If not, then I still doubt it being an issue. The only real way to 'corrupt' a tulpa is through (in our experience) being seriously influenced by negative/intrusive thoughts that want your worst. And even then, it's incredibly hard. In our case, when we (counter)attack a negative thought, it doesn't actually talk to us (tulpas); just attacks silently. It often talks, but not in the sense that it intends to reason. More like gibberish. Spontaneous creation of corrupting elements is rare, in our experience. you could always change the color though...

[The smoke's like the smoke in Rainbow Rocks. It's a way to visualize "hey, this tulpa's being paid attention to". What pretty much happened is that everyone had their eyes on me, and I got high off the attention. Krueger didn't really make the cloud. The thought of the cloud popped up after the singing.

What I mean by "corrupted" is essentially "becoming an attention whore". We solved the problem though: Krueger visualized any excess...stuff going from me to Keystroke.]

{I needed that. The smoke was an ego boost.}

Edited by KruegerMeister
  • Brohoof 1

Could the movements of a tulpa-controlled body be explained by the ideomotor effect (where your expectations/beliefs unconsciously influence your movements; in this case, where your belief that you're possessed by your tulpa leads you to move the possessed limb(s) in a way consistent with the tulpa's personality)?

[Can your consciousness be explained by neurons and hormones?]

I'm just playing Devil's Advocate, Dash.

Oh its been too long, I've forgotten my username, password and email on my other account known as .:D3RPYxDASH:. as I was away for a VERY LONG time, I used to post here but I guess I'm restarting because I can't remember my old information to my other account. Oh well, anyways, whats been going since then?