Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

I have no understanding of the wonderland, so I'm useless in that department, but with tulpaforcing, I've found it to be more time consuming then actually difficult.

Thing is, i have a really crazy head, it jumps around, so this entire thing is going to be hard. I'm really hoping i'll be able to do this,

cave_story_signature_by_hmstrsteve1-d57nb45.jpg

That said, congrats! Sounds like she may be talking already. Hopefully she does it more.

Yeah thanks, I just wish she said something that didn't indicate she got hurt, you know something like hi or sup.

Hmm, I was just confused due to people saying it is impossible to create one so quickly.

Edited by zRevenantz

making a wonderland sounds really hard to me

Nah. Its like the easiest part! For me at least :P All you do is just think of a place that you like. The bigger, the harder it is to make. Most people just have a room with a few chairs or something. Just figure out what you want, then imagine it. Imagine you and your tulpa inside of it. That is where you and your tulpa will interact until you have imposed them into the real world.

Making a wonderland is really beneficial. So I suggest you do it. Even if it is optional.

• Brohoof 2

Signature? Naw. Thats too mane stream.

Nah. Its like the easiest part! For me at least :P All you do is just think of a place that you like. The bigger, the harder it is to make. Most people just have a room with a few chairs or something. Just figure out what you want, then imagine it. Imagine you and your tulpa inside of it. That is where you and your tulpa will interact until you have imposed them into the real world.

Making a wonderland is really beneficial. So I suggest you do it. Even if it is optional.

Thanks, this will help quite a bit.

I was kind of thinking of a MASSIVE field-type thing, but i didn't know it could be a smaller area, like a room or something.

I'll definitally look into this, the room idea sounds amazing.

Yeah thanks, I just wish she said something that didn't indicate she got hurt, you know something like hi or sup.

Hmm, I was just confused due to people saying it is impossible to create one so quickly.

It's not impossible to create one fast, it's just impossible to complete the process in less time than it takes for information to travel between your nerves, because that's probably the only benchmark for minimum time.

We Are Victorious In The Pursuit Of Exploration For Our Homelands Of The League.
-Weapon, Quotestorm Collections

http://mlpforums.com/topic/36359-ask-the-weapon/ -Want to learn more? Just ask.

BROHOOF. EVERYTHING.

TAVI -EIRIN

ADAM -RED/BLUE PROGRAM

CHANGELING DISCORD

I was kind of thinking of a MASSIVE field-type thing

Thats pretty much what mine is. Except less massive :P Its a field with a single tree in the middle and 3 buildings about 30 yards away from the tree that I built. Funny thing is, I dont remember building the 3rd building. So Im wondering whats in it. I made this wonderland back when I didnt know it could be small. But I kinda wish I made it smaller, because of its size, I have trouble visualizing color. So I have a black and white wonderland. :/ But oh well. Works just the same.

I'll have to read all that later, Ben. But just one question. Why do you type everything your tulpas say? :P

It's been thought for a long time that it takes several months to make a tulpa. However, we've recently realized that expecting it to take a long time is what causes it to take a long time!

If you don't expect it to take forever, it won't. :) That's why I say to forget about hour counts or whatever else. Just let thinga happen as they come.

Oh, Ben, I think I speak for several when I say try and filter your conversations with Crepuscule and probably some of the... "details" of your little possession experiment... Not to say it makes you appear insane, but even when I have some fun with lil' Bris, I try to keep it hush-hush if he doesn't want to talk about it. Which usually isn't a problem as a lick on the cheek turns him into putty in my hooves, but you know what I mea-

OKAY! I think I let you type enough Tia... Seriously, what is it with you and licking? Eugh!

I've tried the possession technique as well. Somehow it's harder for Tia to do it to me, but I find myself able to go into Tia's body a lot. Actually the other night I did just that to see if it could take my mind off of the slow, sinking, creeping feeling of Sleep Paralysis (as that causes me to slightly panic for some reason and shocks me out of it) It almost works too, but I get pulled back when the hallucinations start. Off to try again. And no funny business Tia, my heart pounds enough as it is trying to learn to lucid dream again.

Of course...

Edited by Brisineo
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'll have to read all that later, Ben. But just one question. Why do you type everything your tulpas say? :P

Well, I think I actually explain why at some point in the very post you want to read later.

I type what they want me to write(as long as it isn't take TOO far) because I love them both, and I think I would feel bad if I deprived them of that little piece of freedom. Besides, it'll let you guys get to know their personality better, and provides a look at some of the interesting conversations we have.

It's been thought for a long time that it takes several months to make a tulpa. However, we've recently realized that expecting it to take a long time is what causes it to take a long time!

If you don't expect it to take forever, it won't. :) That's why I say to forget about hour counts or whatever else. Just let thinga happen as they come.

Great advice! Hour counts for me were so distracting. I too suggest you guys to get rid of them, and just go with a 'It's done when it's done' attitude.

Or don't, use hour counts if you like using them. As I said, there is no wrong way to make a tulpa. ;)

The bigger the wonderland, the harder it is to make.

Well, actually, all I said was that MAYBE for SOME people, imagining a massive wonderland might be difficult or brain aching, because there is more to imagine. No one really knows if what I said a few posts ago about wonderlands being massive is bad is actually true. I was just merely suggesting a possible cause as to why some people find it difficult to make a wonderland.

I actually do have a really big wonderland, and it's alright for me. But it might be because I'm still bad at visualizing, or that I half the time don't even take notice of the large expanse of ocean outside of my little underwater house.

but even when I have some fun with lil' Bris, I try to keep it hush-hush if he doesn't want to talk about it. Which usually isn't a problem as a lick on the cheek turns him into putty in my hooves, but you know what I mea-

OKAY! I think I let you type enough Tia... Seriously, what is it with you and licking? Eugh!

*Giggle* "Perhaps she has learned from me?"

*Cough*

I've tried the possession technique as well. Somehow it's harder for Tia to do it to me, but I find myself able to go into Tia's body a lot.

You can go into Tia's body?!

"If you know what he means." *Wink*

Shush you! I didn't mean like that. You can possess her body? Is this in the wonderland or outside of it? I would love to know how to do that with Crep.

"Yes, because I'm sure you're curious about how my-"

*Puts hands on ears* Shut it! I know what you are going to say, and I don't want to hear it!

Oh, Ben, I think I speak for several when I say try and filter your conversations with Crepuscule and probably some of the... "details" of your little possession experiment... Not to say it makes you appear insane,

I know that what goes on between us might be scary and creepy, but believe me when I say this:

FOR SCIENCE!

I actually do filter the 'details', A LOT. But I ain't going to sugarcoat my experiences. It is what it is. People either become curious, learn and research about what they hear, or they can remain ignorant of the subject if it seems too scary for them to handle, that's not my problem.

I have the mindset of a scientist; when I hear about something that sounds crazy, I don't go; "This idea sounds insane. So I'm just going to bury my head in the sand and hope it goes away." or something. A scientist says: "That's interesting, how does it work? Why does it work this way?" etc when they hear about something that breaks their ways of thinking.

You know the Wright Brothers, the guys that basically invented the aeroplane? If I remember correctly, before they decided to show their invention for the first time for people to see, many 'reporters' said something along the lines of:

"This idea is absolute rubbish. You would have to be insane to think that this would actually work."

And guess what, those 'insane' brothers are now pretty much the only reason that you can take a holiday to wherever you want on the planet, taking less than an entire day to get there.

Sometimes you can learn a lot from 'insane' people. If people have something bad to say about this, and they didn't research about this beforehand, then I don't want to hear what they have to say. It's not my problem that they are so ignorant.

"Okay Benny, let's calm down now. You may be my little egg head, but you're really starting to look like one of those mad scienti-"

Mad?

MAD?!

HOW CAN I POSSIBLY BE A MAD SCIENTIST?! I'M CLEARLY NOT INSANE!

"Um, well-"

NOW,

*Picks up bonesaw*

LET'S FIND OUT WHAT THE BONE DENSITY OF A PONY TULPA IS LIKE, HMM?!

*Eye twitch*

*Nervous laughter* "OKAY now Ben, let's just... Put the saw down now, shall we?"

FOR SCIENCE!!!1!

*Runs away screaming*

Edited by Rizoel & Crepuscule

YouTube: Rizzy 'n [Crep] (Recently made a couple of vids of silly games. More to come maybe :okiedokielokie: )

Steam: Rizzy 'n Crep (Currently playing Killing Floor 2. Come do a thing with us. ( Unless you're a pansy. Are you a pansy? :comeatus: ) )

Twitch.tv: Rizoel95 (aaaauuugggghhh maybe :scoots: )

Okay, I started on the wonderland last night. I currently got 2 chairs and a table. After that, I narrated to him for a while. Afterwards I was exhausted, felt nauseus, and my right eye felt stuffy. According to the guides, this is good. I think I will finish the wonderland tonight, and do more narrating.

You can go into Tia's body?!

"If you know what he means." *Wink*

Shush you! I didn't mean like that. You can possess her body? Is this in the wonderland or outside of it? I would love to know how to do that with Crep.

"Yes, because I'm sure you're curious about how my-"

*Puts hands on ears* Shut it! I know what you are going to say, and I don't want to hear it!

A strange sensation it is, being possessed by my creator. However, we have found that like other way around, it requires the host's permission to allow the possession to take place.

Indeed. I usually have to be lying down, concentrating, and usually Tia herself invites me. Though, being experienced myself with a pony body from my previous encounters with lucid dreaming, it isn't too alien of a sensation to walk on all fours...

The horn is obviously something new though...

Yeah, but I can get used-

And the lack of something else...

post-4823-0-99389900-1351864384.png

... I try not to think about it...

Edited by Brisineo
  • Brohoof 2

Woke up this morning with a bloody nose and horrible Migraines. Stressed the hell out due to work, but this weekend will be different. I am going to sit down, relax, eat, watch some walking dead, and do this. Wish me luck!

• Brohoof 1

Riley was here

For a few days now, me and Crepuscule have been experimenting somewhat with a little something called... Possession.

I've been experimenting with this a long time ago and then stopped. About two weeks ago I tried it again and I must say that it is awesome :)

I practice it a lot now and I really like it.

"Me too ^^ ... when are we going to have sweets again?"

soon :lol:

EDIT: oh and for my progress... there is not much to say, everything seems to be done, maybe just that suddenly I can visualize my tulpas more easily today. That's good :)

Edited by Gekoncze
  • Brohoof 1

Okay, I read everything. Your posts are never dull, Ben. :P

And I'm feeling pretty bad because I haven't done any serious forcing with Pinkie in a couple months... life has been so busy, and I need to get my own apartment, and I'm lazy, etc...

I'd include some things Pinkie says, but she doesn't talk a ton yet. All you guys seem to be much further along than we. :(

She did just tell me to tell you guys she says, "Hi!", though. :)

• Brohoof 3

As someone currently trying to make a tulpa, I thought this might be a little funny. (attached photo) (Even though I know it's far from the truth)

I don't feel like I'm making very much progress. I got a weird feeling in my head as I was typing this (Not sure if coincidence of not), but that's about it.

The hardest part for me is narrating. I have VERY bad social skills. I can't keep a conversation going for more than thirty seconds when talking to other people, much less talking to somepony that isn't developed enough to communicate with me.

And so I'm like "Sooo... Ummm......Yeah..... This is my toothbrush. I use it to brush my teeth. Umm......" And I sound retarded.

post-5456-0-55841100-1351891442_thumb.png

• Brohoof 3

As someone currently trying to make a tulpa, I thought this might be a little funny. (attached photo) (Even though I know it's far from the truth)

I don't feel like I'm making very much progress. I got a weird feeling in my head as I was typing this (Not sure if coincidence of not), but that's about it.

The hardest part for me is narrating. I have VERY bad social skills. I can't keep a conversation going for more than thirty seconds when talking to other people, much less talking to somepony that isn't developed enough to communicate with me.

And so I'm like "Sooo... Ummm......Yeah..... This is my toothbrush. I use it to brush my teeth. Umm......" And I sound retarded.

Lol. You really dont need social skills for this :P Just tell them what happened in your day to start, then move on to random subjects. Thats what I do at least. I just ask my tulpa, what do you want me to talk about? And then if she doesnt answer, which she usually doesnt, I just go with the first thing that pops into my head. So a normal tulpaforcing session for me is like this:

"Hey. Wassup? *pause* Ok then. So I guess I will start off with how my day went. I woke up, went to school... (Explains what happened in each class) then after school I (Explains what I did after school) and thats it! Now what do you want to talk about? *pause* Ok then. Lets talk about *says first thing that comes to head*" Then I just talk about that until I run out of things to say about that, then I repeat the "what do you want to talk about?" step.

Thats what I like to do. Normally your tulpa will tell you what it wants to talk about when you ask. If its sentient at least. Sometimes it will just comment on something you said. At least thats what I am told. I have only had my tulpa talk to me once, and im not sure if that was my tulpa, or just because I was really tired :P

Hope this helped!

• Brohoof 1

Oh yes! There are personal girlfriends and self-scest abound among us budding tulpa folk. ;)

Back on topic... If you can't keep up a one-sided conversation with your tulpa for very long, maybe you could try narrating a comic book to him/her, or just commentate on everything you come across during your day, whether it's on the internet or what you see while taking a walk around the block. Describe any memorable past moments you may have had, or pretty much any memory that you do have.

I think the most important part of narration is feeling like you are talking (or thinking) to someone who is actually there, even if you haven't imposed them yet. That, and feeding information to someone who is pretty much stuck in your mind. :P

• Brohoof 1

Um... I think I may be creating a second tulpa by accident...

Last night, I had a vivid dream. (Failed lucid dreaming, but just barely) Blackjack, the main character from Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons, appeared in the dream, and acting like she was suddenly pulled out of her own universe into this one, and the dream went on with the hypothetical scenario of what would happen.

However, when I woke... She was still there. Wandering around and asking me questions as if I still was in the dream, nearly as complete as Celestia was. She's been following me around since, even when me and Tia tried to tell her what she was... In fact, that made her even more interested in the world around her and intrigued with me.

I'm still considering whether or not I should encourage or ignore her. (certainly though she's making it difficult to do the latter)

• Brohoof 3

Okay, i did some more narration earlier, and wow! The time goes by really quick,

Kinda like being asleep, but i assumed i wasn't? Because i was talking the entire time, so could i have been asleep?

I'm kind of confused now :/

Oh well! the weekend is coming, and it is a perfect time to force!

Okay, i did some more narration earlier, and wow! The time goes by

Told you it Wasent as hard as it seems.

(Run Revvy has more questions)

As for narration, would reading a book to her work?

And I know a small amount parroting is a good thing, but is there anyway to make 100% sure I don't keep on doing it by accident.

I understand the whole impose on your five senses stuff, what I don't understand is the actual visualization process, people say you have to build up the body(yes I know don't believe in everything people say) but for me *poof* Dashie is there, so am I missing something or am I just moving at a fast rate?

Edited by zRevenantz

I'm pretty sure people have said that they just read a comic book and commented on random stuff about it, and that works for them.

Thing is, its different for everybody, so what works for somebody else might not work for you.

Um... I think I may be creating a second tulpa by accident...

Last night, I had a vivid dream. (Failed lucid dreaming, but just barely) Blackjack, the main character from Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons, appeared in the dream, and acting like she was suddenly pulled out of her own universe into this one, and the dream went on with the hypothetical scenario of what would happen.

However, when I woke... She was still there. Wandering around and asking me questions as if I still was in the dream, nearly as complete as Celestia was. She's been following me around since, even when me and Tia tried to tell her what she was... In fact, that made her even more interested in the world around her and intrigued with me.

I'm still considering whether or not I should encourage or ignore her. (certainly though she's making it difficult to do the latter)

Encourage to exist. Meh, I assume you won't get any more randomly created tulpae (Pretty sure your subconscious is just ironing out the flaws from having to run more than one sentience program.), so why not allow mutual memory access, wait for some quick deviations, and go along for the ride?

Considering how Rizoel certainly went along for the ride with his spotaneous tulpa (Again, what call phenomena where second one blasts up out from the leftover subconscious ironing of the first?), it can't hurt. Oh well.

Also, have Tia over there help with the weird 'explain. everything.' phase. A tulpa can probably analyze the information and experience of being a tulpa better.

Edited by The Weapon

We Are Victorious In The Pursuit Of Exploration For Our Homelands Of The League.
-Weapon, Quotestorm Collections

http://mlpforums.com/topic/36359-ask-the-weapon/ -Want to learn more? Just ask.

BROHOOF. EVERYTHING.

TAVI -EIRIN

ADAM -RED/BLUE PROGRAM

CHANGELING DISCORD

I'm sorry about asking so many questions and bothering you guys, but is it bad to force while you are tired?

Also, is it bad if you fall asleep during forcing?

It's no problem. I actually enjoy helping people out :3

It depends on you. If you are going to fall asleep, then don't do it. If you might just zone out once or twice, I see no harm in it.

Yes. It is bad to fall asleep. It will bring your tulpa into your dream, and the dream will influence your tulpa one way or another. Bringing them into a dream isn't bad if you are controlling your dream. (Lucid dreaming)