Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I'm Planning on Making a Thrash Metal Tribute Album to MLP

Sepul-Coloratura

I'm planning on making a thrash metal tribute album to Friendship is Magic, celebrating the series' end. I pretty much have a blueprint for how it's gonna be, It's gonna be a satirical black comedy concept album and also a dedicatory album of my perspective of the FiM franchise and the fandom. I wasn't there when the whole thing started, but at least I can see its end right when it's happening, and this show inspired me that I regained ideas when I thought I was completely dried out for a while. I want to make something to commemorate it in a way that I can do.

MLP is a unique and strange phenomenon, and I haven't seen anything like it in pop culture. The reason I was gravitated towards it in the first place was the complete dissonance between the adult fan base and the target audience. Lots of it made me laugh and question humanity at the same time, but when I started watching the show, I genuinely cared about the story and characters itself far more than I ever expected. I was pretty much cynical toward everything in my life, but the show reminded me of what good is to be a nice person and show hospitality and positive attitude towards someone else. Generally speaking, I think it made us all to allow ourselves to admit a puppy is cute.

Watching a cartoon show aimed at young girls conflicts pretty much everything I was living up to, and it makes me crave intense music. It's my natural way to cope with an unfamiliar subject. So it's gonna have strong language, violent and grotesque imagery as the genre itself requires. The benchmark will be albums like Speak English or Die by Stormtroopers of Death, Pleasure to Kill by Kreator, Persecution Mania by Sodom, Bathory's self titled album, The Visitor by Indestructible Noise Command, Peace Sells... But Who's Buying? by Megadeth, Darkness Descends by Dark Angel, Bonded by Blood by Exodus, by Bulldozer, but not so much Sepultura as much as you might have expected.

I don't expect it to be a triple-A well processed studio album like those I mentioned, it's gonna be a sloppy side project meant for fun. I only have one mic and a small amp, an electric guitar, a bass guitar and a laptop. The reason I'm posting this is to make it official and set a course that I can't hesitate any longer. (This is not a request or a solicitation.) I have some riff ideas and lyrical ideas, not fully developed yet, but maybe will be connected together later on and fully form as a complete song. Titles like

Spoiler

Horse F*** (Anatomically Accurate), Learn Friendship or Die, Derpy's got Her**s, Good Dragon, Sugar Coated, Haters Gonna Hate comes to mind. There will be titles for A and B sides like the first Bathory's LP, side A will be called Side Equine, side B will be called Side Anthro. There will be some black metal or death metal stage names as pony names like Honey "Ho*ney" Dew, Jack "Faagoth", Alice "Alicornf***er" Cornflower, and Maahl'bagkýi.

English isn't my primary language, but hopefully it would bring an exotic vibe something like Teutonic thrash. Most songs will be original songs, but maybe I'll make a metal cover song from EQG. My deadline is before the season 9 Finale. Wish me luck!

※ I also want to clarify that I don't make any kind of music out of spite, the whole thing comes from my genuine love for the franchise. I usually don't explain myself or make lame excuses when making anything because it would be like a comedian explaining his own jokes. But just to prevent complete catastrophe which will end up offending the wrong kind of people who shouldn't be listening this kind of stuff in the first place and the whole project being inaccessible or me getting banned. There are way more people than I thought who doesn't get this kind of things, or there are some people who are dead set on being offended. Consider this album as a dark comedy parody project, and you will also find out that there was far more explicit contents out there around for a long time being famous.

I'm a symphonic metal fan too. Perhaps even better yet, toss some folk instruments in there to give it a bit of a medieval vibe. Btw out of curiosity though, did you give any thought to doing it as a collaborative album? They're certainly in the minority compared to other genres, but there are some good metal artists out there still doing Pony stuff.

@Sepul-Coloratura

Because this thread is asking for assistance regarding assistance regarding a music project related to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, I will be moving it to Vinyl’s Creative Resources . Please view Octavia’s Hall for placement of future projects. 

13 hours ago, BornAgainBrony said:

I'm a symphonic metal fan too. Perhaps even better yet, toss some folk instruments in there to give it a bit of a medieval vibe. Btw out of curiosity though, did you give any thought to doing it as a collaborative album? They're certainly in the minority compared to other genres, but there are some good metal artists out there still doing Pony stuff.

Right now, I'm planning it as a one-man band project. I'm intending to pour out even my flaws and the goal is to grow as a better musician after this.