Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brony-Works Fanart Gallery

Brony-Works

BRONY-WORKS

ddhsii0-99de3aca-f10b-4f15-abd9-35dccd81

Dislcaimer: All uploads are apolitical and I'm against any form of extremism or hate speech. To adhere to the rules of this community I will censor any symbols that could potentially be controversial to some users. I will not share projects that could be offensive in some way.

I do military-themed vectorart for My Little Pony since 2014. I created this gallery in the My Little Pony Forums mainly for feedback, suggestions and to share my interest with other history geeks. I will work on this gallery overtime, but for now I'll upload some of my recent projects. Historical accuracy may vary depending on source material or editor limitations.

For the full and historical versions, please visit my DeviantArt page, but be warned I don't censor my uploads on DeviantArt so I don't take responsibility for any triggering. On DeviantArt everything is art.

https://www.deviantart.com/brony-works

• I don't do commissions or requests at the moment because I don't work well under stress. But if you want to suggest something feel free to do so.
  • I'm not a member at Derpibooru and I don't take responsibility for any uploads and comments on their website!
  • If you want to get in touch with me about my art, please drop me a private message. Also feel free ask me for my Steam username.
  • Tools of the trade is Affinity Designer, and Vector Magic.

Chinese Military

National Revolutionary Army, Private

Spoiler

chinese_national_revolutionary_army_by_b

Danish Military

Danish Royal Army

Spoiler

royal_danish_army_by_brony_works_ddpjzf4

Finnish Military

Infantry, Lieutenant, (left image)

Spoiler

comrades_by_brony_works_ddhkthe-fullview

s

French Military

French Foregin Legion

Spoiler

pour_la_legion__by_brony_works_ddjsjzv-f

French Militia, Vichy France

Spoiler

marechal__nous_voila__by_brony_works_ddn

German Military

1st Fallschirm-Panzer Division Hermann Göring

Spoiler

ddniwdf-5c102c07-5ed7-4141-9b30-b33f4ac5

Parade dress of the National Pepople's Army, German Democratic Republic.

Spoiler

der_arbeitermacht__by_brony_works_ddlx93

German National Railway

Spoiler

file?downloadToken=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhb

General of the German Air Force

Spoiler

luftwaffe_alicorn_by_brony_works_ddp0o69

German Africa Corps

Spoiler

afrika_korps_by_brony_works_ddq04es-pre.

welcome_to_north_africa_by_brony_works_d

Italian Military

Bersaglieri

Spoiler

bersaglieri_by_brony_works_ddkkulb-fullv

Japanese Military

Imperial Japanese Army, Warrant Officer

Spoiler

imperial_japanese_army_by_brony_works_dd

Polish Military

Polish Armed Forces in the West

Spoiler

honor_i_ojczyzna__by_brony_works_ddmuxho

Slovak Military

Hlinka Guard

Spoiler

my_sme_slovaci__my_sme_gardisti__by_bron

Swedish Military

Home Guard, Lieutenant, (right image)

Spoiler

comrades_by_brony_works_ddhkthe-fullview

I16 Hallands Regemente, Private

Spoiler

on_post_for_sweden_by_brony_works_ddi0n2

Swedish Army, Colonel

Spoiler

what_do_you_mean_neutrality___by_brony_w

Edited by Brony-Works
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)
4 hours ago, SharpWit said:

Finally! We have some fantastic artists on this site but by this is in my top 3 for favorite styles. I can't get enough of this stuff. Keep up the great work!

Appreciated!

Edited by Brony-Works

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I get a Cammy from Street Fighter vibe from these ponies.

Looks very official, like they could be from the show. That is quite good! As for the details of the gear, I wish I could recognize things, but I am not. Well the Swedish stuff and the German stuff are kinda obvious, but I mean recognize the outfits themselves.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I should look into the legion a bit more, they have this romanticism about them as this almost rogue elite fighting force, our at least that's the idea that's been ingrained in my head at least, but I don't know how good they really are because they're recruitment standards are as high as other military groups. I watched this short documentary thing on Vice News I think, and this guy's vision or something didn't permit him to serve in and of the armed forces for the United States, but he still wanted to do his part and joined the legion instead.

Also, only just noticed that you've gone with more human skin tones and hair colors. These are just fricken fantastic how you do that and I don't even give it a second thought.

Any thoughts on varying it up even more with uniforms from older time periods or dress uniforms?

(edited)
1 hour ago, SharpWit said:

I should look into the legion a bit more, they have this romanticism about them as this almost rogue elite fighting force, our at least that's the idea that's been ingrained in my head at least, but I don't know how good they really are because they're recruitment standards are as high as other military groups. I watched this short documentary thing on Vice News I think, and this guy's vision or something didn't permit him to serve in and of the armed forces for the United States, but he still wanted to do his part and joined the legion instead.

Also, only just noticed that you've gone with more human skin tones and hair colors. These are just fricken fantastic how you do that and I don't even give it a second thought.

Any thoughts on varying it up even more with uniforms from older time periods or dress uniforms?

I'm glad you noticed that I aim for a more realistic colour on both hair and skin colours. Probably because colourful characters don't look very good with the natural colours of military uniforms. They are intended for camouflage, so how would a pony army camouflage themselves with rainbow coloured hair? xD

Before I started making these I actually designed late 1800s swedish uniforms in all their glory. But this was a long time ago now when I didn't have as much emphasis on details and just tried to learn.

An example:

Spoiler

swedish_jemtia_ranger_corps_of_horse_by_

swedish_royal_gothia_life_guard___summer

I hope to go back making more unique uniforms, but I've always been into the world wars so I don't know where the road will take us.

Edited by Brony-Works
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
10 hours ago, Stalker said:

or you can use the uniform of the Yugoslav army 

Well they haven't been active since pie day of 2020, but there's a few examples on Derpibooru, though I'm not sure whether they're appropriate for here or not.