Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

EqG Comic Continuation?

Toon4Thought

So it has been announced at NYCC that IDW will be making an artificial season 10 of the main show next year. That's cool and all, but I honestly believe EqG deserves a comic continuation much more. Not only was it pulled without an ending despite the crew having ideas, but it never had that many chances to tell full stories to begin with. It just seems like there's infinitely more potential in that.

I don't know, would you agree with me and my logic? If so, what would you imagine it'd be like?

• Brohoof 5

4 minutes ago, Toon4Thought said:

If so, what would you imagine it'd be like?

I'd like to see the girls graduate from CHS & have the main conflict be about Sunset Shimmer struggling to decide if she wants

to stay in the human world or go back to being a Unicorn in Equestria. 

• Brohoof 2

I'd like it, but I seriously doubt it. Most IDW staff don't seem to care about it at all, with only two comics based on it, both being really bad. One in particular, the Holiday 2014, being one of the most despised comics in the entire IDW MLP run which is quite an accomplishment, and nothing since. That should really tell you everything

• Brohoof 1

Honestly I have to agree with you.  That was also one of the first thoughts I had when I heard of the comic continuation of FiM.  For what an EQG continuation would entail, well I would pretty much want something along the lines of the fanfiction you are currently writing.  Addressing the magical leak that was teased at the end of Legend of Everfree, and dealing with the girls graduating and Sunset having to chose between living in the human world or going back to Equestria, is something I feel would make a good final arc for the EQG franchise.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Kiryu-Chan said:

I'd like it, but I seriously doubt it. Most IDW staff don't seem to care about it at all, with only two comics based on it, both being really bad. One in particular, the Holiday 2014, being one of the most despised comics in the entire IDW MLP run which is quite an accomplishment, and nothing since. That should really tell you everything

Well, EqG has a much more defined framework now (at least compared to 2013-14) and they can easily just work off the unproduced and unscripted ideas Nick Confalone and company had.

Edited by Toon4Thought

If Hasbro gives IDW the go ahead to do something like this, I'd be all for it personally. I've always said that Equestria Girls needs more love when it comes to the comics. Sunset has been getting some of that love through small cameos and even a surprise appearance but the rest of the human world should have the same chance she got.

• Brohoof 1