Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Any Paper Mario: TTYD Fans?

applesjck

I’m not sure if this thread is a thing already, my bad if it is!

I just wanted to make this thread because this game was a huge part of my childhood and I still play it to this day! Everything about it is just perfect in my opinion, I wish that Nintendo would give this game an HD remake and put it on the switch. :awwthanks:

But yeah! I’m super attached to this game and haven’t gotten tired of playing it in the many years I’ve owned it so it’d be awesome to know if any of y’all like it too!

• Brohoof 2

Oh you have no idea, I played that game to utter completion.

I mostly did a lot on my own but later purchased a guide to help me with certain things like star piece locations and cooking recipes. Also all the tattles and stuff.

Not much to do left other then challenge myself and go to the pit of 100. Even at level.... 50 (?) It gets tough once in the80s and 90s. Too bad Bonetail can’t be played again.

Havent been able to play it since the Wii is at my brother’s friend’s house :maud: .

Edited by WWolf
  • Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, WWolf said:

Oh you have no idea, I played that game to utter completion.

I mostly did a lot on my own but later purchased a guide to help me with certain things like star piece locations and cooking recipes. Also all the tattles and stuff.

Not much to do left other then challenge myself and go to the pit of 100. Even at level.... 50 (?) It gets tough once in the80s and 90s. Too bad Bonetail can’t be played again.

Havent been able to play it since the Wii is at my brother’s friend’s house :maud: .

I just started a new file a couple days ago and I think I’m gonna try to 100% it! I’ve never actually done that before with any game because I was never patient enough to finish everything, but I feel like this game is worth the shot!

Ugh, that sucks though. I hope you’re able to play it again soon! :scoots:

• Brohoof 2

10 minutes ago, applesjck said:

I just started a new file a couple days ago and I think I’m gonna try to 100% it! I’ve never actually done that before with any game because I was never patient enough to finish everything, but I feel like this game is worth the shot!

Ugh, that sucks though. I hope you’re able to play it again soon! :scoots:

That will take a while :ooh: . I’d recommend buying a guide if you want to really want to complete like everything 100%.... although why not just continue your current file and fill all the tattles :huh: ?

Also hint, for foes already defeated that won’t be battled again, their tattles are in Professor..... Goomb person’s office trash can :wacko: .

• Brohoof 1

The game came out in 2004. And Honestly, it wasn't until mid 2012 that I was able to beat the Final Boss and see the credits roll. Now, I wish somehow this game could be ported to the Nintendo Switch, now that I'm more experienced in getting through these types of RPG in a reasonable amount of time

• Brohoof 2

29 minutes ago, WWolf said:

That will take a while :ooh: . I’d recommend buying a guide if you want to really want to complete like everything 100%.... although why not just continue your current file and fill all the tattles :huh: ?

Also hint, for foes already defeated that won’t be battled again, their tattles are in Professor..... Goomb person’s office trash can :wacko: .

I could do that! But I partially started a new file just because I want to experience the game for the tenth time. :ButtercupLaugh:

I’ll probably end up investing in a guide though.

• Brohoof 2

I haven't played much of it myself, but I've seen plenty of walkthroughs on YouTube. It looks like an interesting game and a port would mean that I would finally have a means to play it. 

Edited by Cash In
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Cash In said:

I haven't played much of it myself, but I've seen plenty of walkthroughs on YouTube. It looks like an interesting game and a port would mean that I would finally have a means to play it. 

I hope you're able to play it one day! 

• Brohoof 3

On 12/24/2019 at 2:31 PM, applesjck said:

I hope you're able to play it one day! 

That would be cool. I never owned a Gamecube myself, so there are a lot of games which I want to experience.

Edited by Cash In
  • Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Cash In said:

That would be cool. The GameCube is the only Nintendo system that I've never owned at least at one point, so there are a lot of games which I want to experience.

Well if it doesn’t get ported, then hopefully one day you can get a GameCube! I play my GameCube all the time, I heavily recommend it as it’s an absolutely amazing console. :yay:

• Brohoof 2

I only just started it for the first time a while ago. I'm still only before the first boss but oh my goodness it has so much personality. 

It's a game I wanted to play for so many years after watching my brother play it, but I either couldn't get my computer to run, or secondhand copies were expensive. Really happy to finally try it out now! 

• Brohoof 1

I could be here all day talking about Thousand Year Door. I was about 9 years old when I went downstairs and found it in my stocking, and it really has been a good fifteen years. It brought us one of my favorite bosses of all time, Rawk Hawk

3 hours ago, WWolf said:

Wait so have you actually gone into the pit before :wacko: ?

Pit of 100 Trials?

3 hours ago, Odyssey said:

I only just started it for the first time a while ago. I'm still only before the first boss but oh my goodness it has so much personality. 

It's a game I wanted to play for so many years after watching my brother play it, but I either couldn't get my computer to run, or secondhand copies were expensive. Really happy to finally try it out now! 

I hope you have lots of fun with it! It’s truly a wonderful game.

6 minutes ago, Eren Jaeger said:

I could be here all day talking about Thousand Year Door. I was about 9 years old when I went downstairs and found it in my stocking, and it really has been a good fifteen years. It brought us one of my favorite bosses of all time, Rawk Hawk

Goodness, me too. This game just has a certain charm to it that I can’t find in other games.

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, applesjck said:

Pit of 100 Trials?

I hope you have lots of fun with it! It’s truly a wonderful game.

Yessss :wacko: . I presume you have then :awwthanks:. Although it’s not normally “recommended” until one is at least level 30 (40?) else get their butt kicked in the 80s and 90s. Those Wizzerds are tough :wacko: . I’ve been beat way down there before, losing all my progress..

Edited by WWolf

On 12/25/2019 at 4:19 AM, applesjck said:

Well if it doesn’t get ported, then hopefully one day you can get a GameCube! I play my GameCube all the time, I heavily recommend it as it’s an absolutely amazing console. :yay:

Actually my dad used to have one at his place, but I don't really know what happened to it. I still own a few games for it and I would love to play them again.

Edited by Cash In
  • Brohoof 1

I've played the game before when my brother rented the game and then I borrowed the game off from a friend.

Pit of 100 trials isn't that bad unless you're fully prepared with the items and have necessary badges to get you through the whole pit, but of course you have to rely on luck with the slots. If you're using BP and power rush build, it can make the pit of 100 trials more easy to do. For me, I Did pit of 100 trials officially, but it wasn't that easy. Of course you'll be lucky enough to encounter amazee dayzee in there. Vivian is ok to use if you have flower saver P, flower finder, and happy flower to compensate the loss FPs.

My favorite party member is goombella, but when it comes to glitz pitz, I use Yoshi just for the fun of it or laughs.

Of course my favorite part of the game is bowser which it happened to be a funny story after that super bowser side-scrolling game.

• Brohoof 1

TTYD is some good shit. Other than the minor issue of smaller environments and a rather major occasional backtrack (fuck you chapter 5 :unamused:), this game is pretty much the magnum opus of the Paper Mario Franchise. Paper Mario deserves a legit new entry, as nothing after wards game close to compare itself to this. Vivian for the win, and I’d like for her having an Equestrian counterpart :proud:

35d2ee300686273d71b0fcfdb152eb86.png

As a cute umbrum :mlp_icwudt:

medium.png

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

and a rather major occasional backtrack (fuck you chapter 5 :unamused:)

Chapter 5 was and still currently is my least favourite chapter in the game. I absolutely hated the backtrack. :dry:

• Brohoof 3

16 hours ago, applesjck said:

Chapter 5 was and still currently is my least favourite chapter in the game. I absolutely hated the backtrack. :dry:

Granted chapter 4 wasn’t so kind either with the backtrack, and TTYD has quite a lot compared to the previous Paper Mario, but other than chapter 4 and the aforementioned 5, I didn’t feel it was that big of a deal.

Also, Shadow Queen made me question if I was playing a Mario game. I expected some ham expected from a game like that, but she was terrifying  :unsure:. I mean, listen to this

please IS, make another legit Paper Mario :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Granted chapter 4 wasn’t so kind either with the backtrack, and TTYD has quite a lot compared to the previous Paper Mario, but other than chapter 4 and the aforementioned 5, I didn’t feel it was that big of a deal.

Also, Shadow Queen made me question if I was playing a Mario game. I expected some ham expected from a game like that, but she was terrifying  :unsure:. I mean, listen to this

please IS, make another legit Paper Mario :fluttershy:

Oh yes, chapter four had some pretty bad backtrack as well. But to be fair, I enjoyed that chapter a lot more than chapter five because one: Vivian and because two: I just liked the storyline in it much better.

Omg, right??? This game really didn’t hold back. I think that’s why I love it so much. It doesn’t really feel like a typical Mario game which I think is awesome. :grin:

• Brohoof 2