Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A half baked attempt at saying: hi!

Xoomy228

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

rarity

How did you find MLP Forums?

I have heard of this place from back then. I don't remember the exact way how I did find it first. Sometimes I do think I should just take notes of everything because there are some Internet moments we will never ever remember, but knowing it may be a semi-interesting party trick or a tool for self reflection.

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

I first ran into the remix-culture on YouTube during 2011. After that I was following the fanart scene and the various communities I could find. Oh, I also watched the show. It certainly was magical.
A few years have passed things got flat the show got a bit weird, but Equestria Girls happened. Consequences never were the same. Equestria Girls made me get back to the main show.

It was worth it. 

Making a MLP forum account months after the show has ended may sound a bit weird, late to the party even. I assure you thanks to watching some shorts I feel I still have enough pony magic in me to be around and be chatty. I am not new to the show, I first got into it in late 2011. In fact I just missed the season finale so I had the opportunity to binge watch the first Season while waiting for the second. I was somewhat involved in some communities and was looking at fanart quite a lot, but I never had a consistent presence.

But that is just history, I am new here. While I am not big at analyzing the show I prefer to keep that as the magical place of happy ponies and Equestria Girls (Are those ponies too?) I do look forward to talk to people in general. I looked at some of the forums and people do look friendly and generally pleasant, which is always a positive, if you ask me. My forum skills got a bit rusty, so it will take a little time to regain and surpass my old wall of text creating abilities.

Beside liking ponies and their generally warm atmosphere, I do have quite a few interests. I have always found it hard to make a list with specific terms which may be either a sign of my superficial knowledge or generally wide area of interests. Only experience can provide a clear answer. Saying I am interested in everything may be an overstatement, but I do find technology, industry, systems and humanities etc. interesting. If I could have my way, I would totally get some chill little place and be a bookworm Twilight Style.

I am looking forward to learn some programming, writing and art. You know the usual, guy who registers on a forum stuff. Ultimately I could write anything here, the most important thing is your impression of me. Of course having a decent intro post can help, but I am certain this post is a mess. :P

I have picked Rarity as "My Favorite Mane 6 Pony". The reason is, I respect both her dedication to her friends and her own ambitions. I also like her way of taking up space with her personality. Also the way that sentence was formed it was evident that we are talking about the Main show, as it is expected from the forum dedicated to it. Thanks goodness it's not a question of your favorite Equestria Girl, because picking there would be hard.

TL;DR: HAI! 

• Brohoof 5

Hello @Xoomy228, and welcome! Yay, programming is fun! I'm a C/C++ game programmer. If you have any questions, my doors are always open!

I only like reading technical manuals myself :wacko:

• Brohoof 1