Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Just finished MLP:FiM Season 1-2. Personal thoughts about the show so far.

My little pwny

Dear Princess Celestia,MLP Forums,

I'm a relatively new brony, I'd say it was about 3 weeks ago that I admitted to myself I was a brony. By Episode 5 I was in love with the series and I couldn't get enough. Half way through season 1 I realized I was going to run out of episodes to watch, so I decided to "ration" My Little Pony intake by only watching 0-3 episodes a day. I'm glad I stretched it out, because now I feel empty inside!!!!!!! By finishing the series up to this point, I don't know what to do with myself :( Because of this, I have some questions for you all.

How do you cope with waiting for season 3?

What should I do with MLP now that I'm done watching the episodes?

Is re-watching re-runs satisfying?

Now here's what I think about the series now that I've just finished all the episodes. This show is genius! It's very entertaining to say the least. The animation is very beautiful and they take the art of the cartoon very seriously. This show is funny without having to be dirty. The ponies are very attractive! Each character has a very distinct personality, the show's developers are very talented with character creation on all levels. The VO's are perfect for the characters. The music is ACTUALLY fun the listen to and is very entertaining!

Each episode has a valuable lesson for the audience to learn from, however corny it may be. Everyone of all ages can learn and laugh from this show. If there's two things this show has taught me, it's what kind of girls I'd want to be friends with, and what kind of girl I'd want to marry. Being a Brony has helped me be more tolerant of others and friendly to everyone I meet. MLP has also made me be happier in general. Whenever life's got me in the dumps, I can always watch an episode and feel all better, not because it made me forget my troubles, but it made me look on the bright side of things.

If that wasn't enough, MLP and bronies has taught me valuable life lessons too. If it wasn't for the brony phenomena, I probably wouldn't have found/given this show a chance. The whole idea of older guys liking a show about ponies made me really laugh, but get my attention at least. I found some random youtube video talking about the brony stuff, and he told me if I wasn't a brony, to at least watch 5 episodes to see what I really thought. I took that guy's challenge and he proved me wrong, I liked the show!

I learned to never judge somepony else for what they like or dislike, no matter how ridiculous it sounds, because who knows, you might become one of them!

Truly yours,

Your faithful student My little Pwny.

• Brohoof 5

I cope without the show by either watching re-runs, letting it just play in the background for my attention when I notice it, or just not pay attention to tv at all since I do that usually anyway.

You could either rewatch a few, specifically the ones you liked more. Or you could find some good fanfics to read, i dont have any to recommend though as I just got into them some time ago and havent read in a while. You could also find a new series to watch.

Rewatching episodes can be fun for some. I normally dont like re-runs unless they are played on tv and it depends on how I feel about that particular episode being played. I have somehow, though, rewatched the entire 2 seasons twice and was starting a third, which confounds even me. Its a good time passer and since you have seen it once, you could look for things you didnt notice earlier, like a Derpy hunt or anything else.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I have come to really like the fan made culture around the show. The music comes in almost every genre, the art is beautiful enough to be considered professional. I just socialize as well! The period before each season is a great time to look for Bronies that you can relate to!

Re-watch the episodes you paid least attention to, I finished season 1 by watching the episodes that seemed the most interesting... my last episode of the first season that I watched for the first time was "Swarm of the Season" and it turned out pretty good xD

Watch the episodes you didn't pay much attention to xD

(edited)

How do I cope? I'm patient!

I love the show very much and I'll watch the episodes all over again if I want to. I don't mind waiting for the 3rd season since good things come to those who are patient. Besides, we all are on a forum so talk with everypony, it's fun to talk with others so there's that as well

There's plenty of shows to watch and things to do while waiting for the third season so don't worry, it'll be here soon :3

Edited by Silver Boulder

Your like me, I rationed my episodes like 1 episode every other day, it was only a matter of time though.

And I am Rewatching every single episode, I finished season 1 on my last day of school, and I just finished watching "Luna Eclipsed"

• Brohoof 1

Rewatching with my lil sister and mother is fun.

If you dont have a bro or sis or somepony else to watch with you could still try rewatching them. (Not as fun)

Posting on the forums is also a good way to get your dose of pony for the day.

I like not to watch lots of episodes at once. For example I watched 2 yesterday and none the day before. I'm still only about 3/4 of the way through the first season.

What to do? Engage in the fandom. As has been mentioned before, the fan culture surrounding this show is amazing. Of course, you could wait a while and then re-watch them.

It's good to know that you liked the series this much and I'm just gonna jump ahead and answer the questions.

How I cope, is simply by doing what pleases me with ponies. I read tons of fanfictions, as well as chatting often with the people in here, just as often about ponies as about anything else. Besides that, I draw and paint, ponies being my primary topic here.

I follow tons of artists on both dA and Tumblr, meaning I get pony there as well.

What you should do is your own choice. Do what pleases you and make sure to keep the contact to the people you like, it's important that ponies isn't your "everything" since it will at some point become too much if you don't balance it out with regular stuff, example, I use ponies in my spare-time, when I'm not doing school related stuff, it's how I calm down. But how people "use ponies" is all up to themselves and what they prefer. I love reading, not everyone do. So just take whatever you like to do, and maybe add some pony to that.

Re-watching is something I love to do, since I always discover new stuff, am reminded about small nitches that I forgot and overall just enjoy rewatching quality material, which ponies definitely is. But again, it's up to you. I don't know if YOU will enjoy it, I just know that I do.

1. I spend time participating in my normal hobbies. However, now that my hockey season's ending, and my black belt test is this Saturday (Going to quit after), I'm afraid I'll be in the same position you are in.

2. You should re-watch some episodes. The only reason I don't do it is because I don't prefer re-watching episodes from any show.

3. Somewhat.

Watching episodes first is better. rewatches are also good!

Fan made music is my fav. My favorites are Sogreatandpowerfuls music (On my own, Pinkie pie swear), Facexplodie (Where her heart is), jackleapp (sweetie cut), Pinkiepieswear (Flutterwonder), and Simgretina (BBBFF remix)

I also like fan made videos and stuff. My favorites of THOSE are Derpy hooves (a channel on Youtube Called Derpy hooves.) and Nomorethen9 (another channel. My fav is Epic Wub time:Musicians of ponyville)

OOH OOH OOH! And games! You should keep track of MLP: Fighing is magic. that looks like its going to be good. Play canterlot defender on Deviantart and there are tons of other games.

Okay, im done lol XD

I had the stupid idea to try to watch as many of them as possible in one day, so I got finished pretty quick. I recommend rewatching your favorite ones or the ones can't remember that well.

I listen to fan-made MLP and just MLP music ALL THE TIME. I love WoodenToaster and TheLivingTombstone and there's loads others. Just try out listening to the music and see what you like. I make lots of fan art (I'm drawing ponies right now!) and ship ponies too. Read fan-fictions about whatever pony or coupling or anything you want. The MLP fandom produces so many great things to help last you to you the summer! And of course post on this forum as another pony thing to do!

And there's non-pony stuff you can do too. It's kinda wierd for me, 'cause I know that I listened to music and had tons of hobbies before a became a brony. But then I'm like "what DID I listen to?". But there ARE so many things you can do. Video games, draw, read, daydream, do activites with friends and family, do outdoor sports, etc. Also, there are fun stuff going on in this world other than ponies to look forward to. And not just new TV shows, but like, for instance, there was a Venus transit over the sun today. It ain't gonna happen again 'till 2117 or something. I'm interested in astronomy, so I had that to look forward to. So stuff like that.

Well, I have come to really like the fan made culture around the show. The music comes in almost every genre, the art is beautiful enough to be considered professional. I just socialize as well! The period before each season is a great time to look for Bronies that you can relate to!

Hey, good thing NFL games are on Sunday, and pony episodes are on Saturday! It's very relaxing to watch MLP the day before a game! Confidence grows, and support rises with it!

• Brohoof 2

I also agree with re-watching some of the episodes every once in a while.

The main way I can wait for new episodes is the fact that I'm into other hobbies and TV shows. I recently finished watching How I Met Your Mother and am also patiently awaiting the new season, but like with MLP, I have to wait until the fall. So I hold off by watching Netflix shows (mainly Buffy the Vampire Slayer), reading, playing video games, and going on the Internet.

It may help that I have pony toys on my windowsill too. And an MLP calendar. And this forum.

Hey, good thing NFL games are on Sunday, and pony episodes are on Saturday! It's very relaxing to watch MLP the day before a game! Confidence grows, and support rises with it!

*facehoof* Of course! How could I forget about Sunday Night Football? Hell, now we have it almost every day of the week here with that Thursday Night Football.

• Brohoof 1

Dear Princess Celestia,MLP Forums,

I'm a relatively new brony, I'd say it was about 3 weeks ago that I admitted to myself I was a brony. By Episode 5 I was in love with the series and I couldn't get enough. Half way through season 1 I realized I was going to run out of episodes to watch, so I decided to "ration" My Little Pony intake by only watching 0-3 episodes a day. I'm glad I stretched it out, because now I feel empty inside!!!!!!! By finishing the series up to this point, I don't know what to do with myself :( Because of this, I have some questions for you all.

Now here's what I think about the series now that I've just finished all the episodes. This show is genius! It's very entertaining to say the least. The animation is very beautiful and they take the art of the cartoon very seriously. This show is funny without having to be dirty. The ponies are very attractive! Each character has a very distinct personality, the show's developers are very talented with character creation on all levels. The VO's are perfect for the characters. The music is ACTUALLY fun the listen to and is very entertaining!

Each episode has a valuable lesson for the audience to learn from, however corny it may be. Everyone of all ages can learn and laugh from this show. If there's two things this show has taught me, it's what kind of girls I'd want to be friends with, and what kind of girl I'd want to marry. Being a Brony has helped me be more tolerant of others and friendly to everyone I meet. MLP has also made me be happier in general. Whenever life's got me in the dumps, I can always watch an episode and feel all better, not because it made me forget my troubles, but it made me look on the bright side of things.

If that wasn't enough, MLP and bronies has taught me valuable life lessons too. If it wasn't for the brony phenomena, I probably wouldn't have found/given this show a chance. The whole idea of older guys liking a show about ponies made me really laugh, but get my attention at least. I found some random youtube video talking about the brony stuff, and he told me if I wasn't a brony, to at least watch 5 episodes to see what I really thought. I took that guy's challenge and he proved me wrong, I liked the show!

I learned to never judge somepony else for what they like or dislike, no matter how ridiculous it sounds, because who knows, you might become one of them!

Truly yours,

Your faithful student My little Pwny.

I'm relatively new also, But I Watched as much as 5 episodes a day before i finished it. I should have taken it slow, it was too hard!

How am I copeing with waiting for MLP season 3? Rewatching episodes, posting ponies on the forums, Brony music, comics, and Everfree radio!

Now that you're done, immerse yourself in the brony culture. There is a lot of cool stuff to find!

Re watching is satisfying for me, but I like to find all the cool fan material, too

And those are GREAT lesson that you learned! I feel the same way about what i learned from the show... I really don't have any friends that I hang out with in real life. This has to do with the whole military family stuff, but have trouble now in just hanging out with friends outside a school enviroment. Hopefully I can fix that someday soon, thanks the show

(edited)

I don't find coping hard in the least. There is so much freaking art to be seen, roleplay ideas to be done, fanfics to be written, and discussion to be had, that I could be perfectly content with just this forum and media on the internet for many more months to come if I had to. It's for that reason that I scratch my head to people who go on about how important it is for new episodes to come out constantly, less they loose interest. That's lack of imagination to me xD The show should only be the starting point in my opinion, the roots. Not the entire tree. There's just so much fandom everywhere to be seen, done and discussed, that feeling like you could cease being a part of the fandom just because the show isn't around makes no sense to me. The same goes for when the show ends, the fandom is not just going to suddenly crash and burn. There's literally mountains worth of fandom to be had. /ranting

I watch clips and reruns periodically. Not as a focus, but like I'll have an episode playing on Youtube in one of my tabs, and I'll constantly switch back and forth between it, and all the other crap I'm doing.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 2

Coping's easy for me. I personally quite enjoy watching re-runs with my friend. We name all the background ponies, try to see if we can find any animation errors, and find references that we didn't quite catch before. Unfortunately, it's not nearly as fun if you don't have somepony else to watch it with you.

I don't usually look at fan art, but when I do, It usually keeps me entertained for several hours.

I don't find coping hard in the least. There is so much freaking art to be seen, roleplay ideas to be done, fanfics to be written, and discussion to be had, that I could be perfectly content with just this forum and media on the internet for many more months to come if I had to. It's for that reason that I scratch my head to people who go on about how important it is for new episodes to come out constantly, less they loose interest. That's lack of imagination to me xD The show should only be the starting point in my opinion, the roots. Not the entire tree. There's just so much fandom everywhere to be seen, done and discussed, that feeling like you could cease being a part of the fandom just because the show isn't around makes no sense to me. The same goes for when the show ends, the fandom is not just going to suddenly crash and burn. There's literally mountains worth of fandom to be had. /ranting

I watch clips and reruns periodically. Not as a focus, but like I'll have an episode playing on Youtube in one of my tabs, and I'll constantly switch back and forth between it, and all the other crap I'm doing.

That is a very refreshing perspective on being a Brony. You are very right about there being mountains of content out there to be experienced. I'll be sure to dive into that stuff!

• Brohoof 3

I recommend mylittlebrony.com B) so much content, so many absolutely hilarious memes... so many scenes not screen-shoted (I can pretend that's a verb?) that should be and captioned, so much potential... :D

Also, going to Pony Creator Full Version and create yourself as a pony! I recommend uploading your cutie mark first before altering your pony. Then there's all that time spent discovering what your cutie mark is, and finding the perfect image - you upload your own cutie mark so that there are literally no limits to it!

Now go have fun immersing yourself! :lol: Oh, and chat all around the forums ;)

A question for the OP: what are your favorite episodes?

Secret of my Excess

A Dog and Pony Show

Winter Wrap Up

Putting your Hoof down

Luna Eclipsed

Hearth's Warming Eve

Heart and Hooves day

.... just to name a few.

I also straight up just like anything with Twilight Sparkle in it. Luckily for me there's only 1 or 2 episodes without her in it.