Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you glad the show ended before the COVID-19 pandemic?

FirePuppy

Well the show lasted longer than I think anyone thought it would, I mean nine years is an awful long time for any show to run, especially a kid's show. But yes I am glad that the show finally wrapped itself up before this virus outbreak took hold because I don't think I could of waited any longer otherwise.

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, FirePuppy said:

I am. Otherwise, we'd probably had to wait a long time if another season was ever made.

We have waited quite long for seasons before, as well as had mid breaks that took almost forever. But I noticed during those times we actually kept the forum and fandom really active.

I don't thin COVID-19 should have an effect on TV shows, or our forum. But Hasbro prioritizing Youtube advertising to kids, led to problems for them. We haven't seen anything Pony Life in a long time (well, the Pinkie Talk show).

COVID-19 is affecting many things. Don't let it affect our love for the show. Support it! Watch it. And forumatize about it here at the forum! :awwthanks:

• Brohoof 2

44 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

We have waited quite long for seasons before, as well as had mid breaks that took almost forever. But I noticed during those times we actually kept the forum and fandom really active.

I don't thin COVID-19 should have an effect on TV shows, or our forum. But Hasbro prioritizing Youtube advertising to kids, led to problems for them. We haven't seen anything Pony Life in a long time (well, the Pinkie Talk show).

COVID-19 is affecting many things. Don't let it affect our love for the show. Support it! Watch it. And forumatize about it here at the forum! :awwthanks:

I consider the fact that we haven't seen Pony Life in a while to be a good thing. I just don't like to look of that show. I'm hoping there's more to come for G5 beside just Pony Life.

4 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

I don't thin COVID-19 should have an effect on TV shows

My girlfriend has cable but we don't use it for anything other than 3 shows of hers, one of which went into it's offseason just before the virus reached the US, and another one did within the last two weeks so it's just the one right now. The channel her parents usually watch though has changed things up a bit since they can't put out anything new, so they've resorted to playing old movies that are ridiculously long, such as 1956's The Ten Commandments, at a whopping 3 hours and 40 minutes.

Most shows can't get their crews together or moved around to places where they can still produce quality content, so unless it's just in the editing stages I don't think anything can be put out. I'd give it till late June till we run out of anything new completely. After that everyone will have to rely on reruns.

Despite having plenty of time to catch up on the show now, I still haven't. By no means am I done with it, but I've simply had my priorities elsewhere, and with it having ended 6 months ago, the timing of the show's end doesn't really matter to me. I'd only see that as being the case for a series where we're left with a cliff hanger and the economic impact of the virus would risk that show being cancelled before we got any final resolutions.

Now's a great time to catch up on that thing we've been putting off or just enjoying things we love allover again.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, SharpWit said:

Most shows can't get their crews together or moved around to places where they can still produce quality content, so unless it's just in the editing stages I don't think anything can be put out. I'd give it till late June till we run out of anything new completely. After that everyone will have to rely on reruns.

I guess it is affecting even TV. I know it effected the quality for Youtube and Netflix in Europe, but that feels more like the are trying to save money.

I thought TV didn't have to make new content that often to effect what you see right now. But within months, maybe. :sealed:

My Little Pony would probably be airing right now if it was still on, which would be nice to have while we're all staying at home. The next season would certainly be delayed, but whatever, there are other things to fill the time. 

Of course, I think the show ran out of steam years ago, so I'm glad it ended when it did for very different reasons...

Yes because S9 was the pits, and I’d hate for it to air now when I’d probably need something like it most 

• Brohoof 1

If the staff created an episode about the ponies social distancing, that would have been hilarious. 

Yes, though I highly doubt it would've changed much besides a delay in episodes. The MLP franchise has used Pony Life characters and a Hello Pinkie Pie short for Stay at Home messaging, but the abrupt way this virus spread and impacted our lives and the way it's foreseen to wind down would not have impacted the show's scripting because of how they plan this stuff ahead of time.