Ganaram Inukshuk

I drew a sad Smolder

2379847.png

Due to the filesize being so big, I had to upload this offsite: https://derpibooru.org/images/2379847

As copied from link above:

A few other notes:
— Made with Inkscape and Blender.
— I never did a top-down camera angle before, so that's new to me when it came to drawing Celly-bug.
— Neither have I used bloom with my celshader.
— I wanted to invoke the feeling that the image was a screenshot, even though it isn't, hence the captions and the fact that the aspect ratio is 16:9 but with a resolution of 3840×2160. (I've considered 5120×2160, the ultrawide equivalent of 2160p, but I settled for widescreen for now.)

Some more notes:

• No, really; Blender AND Inkscape. I've been tweaking my celshader lately, too.
  • I'm at the point where I'm considering making a brightened version because of how variable the image is showing up on all of my devices (also the crack isn't visible enough); that's something I consider doing if the lighting is annoying enough.
  • Brohoof 3
  • Yay 1

Hmm, I wonder what made Smolder so upset... :confused:

Ocellus  should host a tea party for Smother. That will cheer her up. I have always loved how Smother secretly likes pretty dresses and things! They could dress up nice, and have a good time!

Next picture?

^_^

PS. Your work is wonderful. Oddly, one detail I really like is the gas light, It's such a nice touch.

On 6/21/2020 at 10:57 AM, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Neither have I used bloom with my celshader

Do you have some setting in Blender to do celshading? If so, is it easy? Just a simple way of making hard shaded shadows would help a lot, mostly for depth reference, while learning how to draw.

Very good looking drawing, with a nice perspective!