Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What did your parents lie to you about?

HeavenSunset

That my Father's side of the family were just as cruel as him.  I've been slowly talking to them on facebook and they're the sweetest people I've known.  They've been more accepting of me than my mother's side of the family has been.  I'm not quite as much of a black sheep on my father's side than I am on my mother's side and I take comfort in that.

• Brohoof 1

Not a lie but few things I never knew. So to start off with this, I have 6 siblings. Due to my mom’s health complications she was giving a choice to abort the third child, me. But she didn’t. 4th, then 5th, 6th kids, the Doctor still encouraged her to abort my siblings since her body couldn’t handled it and she would die. She didn’t for these 3. Now the 7th child was even more difficult either he will die or her. Despite of the risk my mom still chooses to give birth to the last sibling. However, it was a miracle then she also made it too.  Idk why still going for having us all despite her knowing how ill her health is and the risk, let alone the tough decisions she has to go through. But because she told me this just recently have me thinking. Her willing to sacrifice herself 5 times just to have us is something I will never forget. 

• Brohoof 1

That the harder I'll be working, the more money I'll be earning :q
Then I grew up and I learned the hard way that it's usually the other way around :q  People who work the hardest, usually earn the crappiest wages, while people like politicians or bureaucrats earn shitloads of money by doing nothing / parasiting on the rest of the society.  (Thumbnails attached)

YLEO+Job+birds+pooping.jpg

Fortunately, I got a better advice from someone else:

scrooge-mcduck.png&f=1&nofb=1

(  Ahh... that moment you realize that a cartoon character knows more about life than your own parents... :q  )

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Never about anything serious, thank Celestia.

I kinda figured out Santa and Easter Bunny on my own without ever being told so I'm not sure that even counts.

The unique but still harmless lie that I remember bizarrely well is when we were at a koi pond and my dad claimed that koi respond to a noise like "aroo", and I was at that age where making funny noises is its own reward so I just ran with it. In retrospect I don't think the fish were amused.

Edited by Ixrec
  • Brohoof 1