Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dealing with COVID-19 in your hometown

Dragon_Zhang

Today, I brought home a lot of books. I will go to my university and this is last year. I think there may be have many works wait for me to do. But I am still so happy. Cause I can chat with my classmates again. The epidemic situation in China has been well controlled. Students can take off their masks in school. What about the epidemic in everypony's hometown?

• Brohoof 2

Well, unfortunately my mother got infected, but at least she feels good, and i am super duper glad to hear that. Now i need to be extremely careful to not hug her or to be near her like 1,5 meters or 2 meters (idk what that means in China about "meters" :huh:). Though, with her diabet, i am very very afraid to lose her... :( Hope she will recover fully. :sunny:

So, it is a bit (not very much) well controlled.  

@Dragon_Zhang

The section Sugarcube Corner is designated for discussing My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic indirectly. Your topic is completely unrelated to the show. As such, it has been moved to General Discussion. Also, I have altered the title to give it proper context.

• Brohoof 2

21 hours ago, Midnight Danny said:

Well, unfortunately my mother got infected, but at least she feels good, and i am super duper glad to hear that. Now i need to be extremely careful to not hug her or to be near her like 1,5 meters or 2 meters (idk what that means in China about "meters" :huh:). Though, with her diabet, i am very very afraid to lose her... :( Hope she will recover fully. :sunny:

So, it is a bit (not very much) well controlled.  

It's better for your mother to get better. I can feel your mood at this time. You can't get close to your mother, it makes you feel bad sometimes. I believe that God will protect your mother, your mother will recover!:rarity:

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Dragon_Zhang said:

It's better for your mother to get better. I can feel your mood at this time. You can't get close to your mother, it makes you feel bad sometimes. I believe that God will protect your mother, your mother will recover!:rarity:

Thank you so much... it really means a lot to me. I am still praying for my mother to recover fully. :worry: And hope she still fights with this nightmare... :sunny:

19 hours ago, Bakugou is my Man said:

@Dragon_Zhang

The section Sugarcube Corner is designated for discussing My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic indirectly. Your topic is completely unrelated to the show. As such, it has been moved to General Discussion. Also, I have altered the title to give it proper context. 

Sorry, it may be because my language habits lead me to take an inappropriate title. You are right. Thank you for your help. I don't fully understand the division of the forum. I'm sorry to give you trouble. I'll pay attention to it next time. You are serious about your work, you are my example!

• Brohoof 1

45 minutes ago, Midnight Danny said:

Thank you so much... it really means a lot to me. I am still praying for my mother to recover fully. :worry: And hope she still fights with this nightmare... :sunny:

She will. Hugs you ~ 

Unfortunately for some reason, North Carolina's cases saw a increase, making it a red state. Carowinds, our premiere amusement park didn't open all summer long due to the continiously increasing cases. They originally planned to open in July because the cases just kept going up. :(

Also, I haven't been able to work at my local theater because the governor ordered all theaters in NC to remain closed until a decrease in cases is shown. Regal, the company declared theaters to open in some states, but not us...

We have to wear a mask if we go in a store or any other indoor facility besides our own home. 

20 hours ago, Scar said:

My town is a rural farm town in the middle of no-where, but I am convinced that my parents and my family had gotten Covid-19 in January without knowing it. 

How is your family? Now, there are also asymptomatic infections in China. And that brings panic again. But going out is inevitable, even if we wear masks, we may not be able to get complete protection.

14 hours ago, Splashee® said:

Very little cases in my community, and we are neighboring the capital, so everyone has been keeping their distance 

I'm here, too. But in a few, there are still dangers. Be careful.

59 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Unfortunately for some reason, North Carolina's cases saw a increase, making it a red state. Carowinds, our premiere amusement park didn't open all summer long due to the continiously increasing cases. They originally planned to open in July because the cases just kept going up. :(

Also, I haven't been able to work at my local theater because the governor ordered all theaters in NC to remain closed until a decrease in cases is shown. Regal, the company declared theaters to open in some states, but not us...

We have to wear a mask if we go in a store or any other indoor facility besides our own home. 

It seems that the epidemic has affected your work. I hope this can be controlled.

I live in a small town of around 50k people and people around here tend to not like listening to rules, it took a few months but people are actually listening to new rules of wearing masks indoors.  Though there's still a woman in another apartment building who has been hosting parties pretty much every day, it's an outdoor event so I hear it through my window.  She and her guests are literally out there from 9am to almost 1am.  Their kids are constantly crying and they're always talking crap about people or gossiping.  They've been out there since around the end of spring.

besides that, businesses are slowly reopening with reduced hours unless they're a priority business.  Personally, I think it's too soon to reopen and I worry about wave 2 being worse.  I've heard of a spike of cases with policies becoming more relaxed.  I understand that people are tired of staying at home and want to go back to the gym or eat at a restaurant but we have to work harder at making sure there are less cases, not more.  I was thinking of cancelling my gym membership until this has passed but it's something I'm still thinking over.  Canada isn't over with this yet and until a cure or proper treatment is made and distributed, I don't think people should be having large gatherings or going to places unless they truly need to go out.

• Brohoof 1

Pretty much zero fucks given by people in my city in last 3 months, only in universities you have to wear mask (to pass the entrance and then you can take it off). But strangely cases rate is low and still getting lower

• Brohoof 2

Someone always has to talk about how the virus is a “political scam” in my hometown. :eww:

I just like to walk away from those conversations and just follow the COVID guidelines we’re given.

Edited by ExplosionMare
Clarifying
  • Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, Sonic Shimmer said:

There’s a testing centre set up a few minutes drive from my house. I saw it when I went with my parents to get KFC on Sunday.

Cases are rising again in the UK and I saw dozens of people queueing up there to get tested. 

I heard that the vaccine has been developed. Is this used in UK? Has the cure rate of UK improved significantly? The medical level of UK is very developed. I believe you must have a way.

The city closest to me is infamous for having Trump's first indoor hate rally a couple of months ago, causing lots of problems. Alongside people around where I live thinking everything is a hoax and not caring about other people. I stay home. I only go out for doctor's appointments and am extremely cautious when I do.

• Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, Thuja said:

I live in a small town of around 50k people and people around here tend to not like listening to rules, it took a few months but people are actually listening to new rules of wearing masks indoors.  Though there's still a woman in another apartment building who has been hosting parties pretty much every day, it's an outdoor event so I hear it through my window.  She and her guests are literally out there from 9am to almost 1am.  Their kids are constantly crying and they're always talking crap about people or gossiping.  They've been out there since around the end of spring.

besides that, businesses are slowly reopening with reduced hours unless they're a priority business.  Personally, I think it's too soon to reopen and I worry about wave 2 being worse.  I've heard of a spike of cases with policies becoming more relaxed.  I understand that people are tired of staying at home and want to go back to the gym or eat at a restaurant but we have to work harder at making sure there are less cases, not more.  I was thinking of cancelling my gym membership until this has passed but it's something I'm still thinking over.  Canada isn't over with this yet and until a cure or proper treatment is made and distributed, I don't think people should be having large gatherings or going to places unless they truly need to go out.

It happened in China, too. People can't stay at home. Once upon a time, some people continued to operate chess and card rooms, and some irregular Internet cafes were also opened. A lot of people went there, and they didn't do any protection. The government ordered a strict investigation of these illegal businesses. This has also brought a lot of trouble to the epidemic prevention work. Gradually, all over China began to attach importance to it. On public transport, everyone should wear masks as required, otherwise they will not be allowed to ride. It's the same in shopping malls and supermarkets. Hope we can get through the difficulties together, come on!

22 hours ago, Vefka said:

Pretty much zero fucks given by people in my city in last 3 months, only in universities you have to wear mask (to pass the entrance and then you can take it off). But strangely cases rate is low and still getting lower 

That was great. The epidemic prevention work in your hometown is very good, so it will be safe.

• Brohoof 2

10 minutes ago, Dragon_Zhang said:

I heard that the vaccine has been developed. Is this used in UK? Has the cure rate of UK improved significantly? The medical level of UK is very developed. I believe you must have a way.

Oxford University in the UK is developing a vaccine which is in the final stage of trials. It probably won’t be approved for a couple of months in the best case scenario though. Even when it is, vaccinating millions of people will be a long process.

The UK does have a very good level of test amounts compared to its total population, but there are problems with getting tests done, with some being made to travel miles and miles for it. Our contact tracing is also failing to reach a lot more people than we’d like.

I don’t think things will get as bad as they did back in March and April (we were recording 900+ deaths daily at one point) but cases are undeniably rising. Schools have reopened too, which was always going to be a risky move.

The government limited meetings to no more than six people yesterday and masks are required in most indoor spaces. All we can do is hope that the majority of people follow the rules. 

• Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

Someone always has to talk about how the virus is a “political scam” in my hometown. :eww:

I just like to walk away from those conversations and just follow the COVID guidelines we’re given. 

I've heard of that. It happened in US. I think those people are ignorant. I hope they can respond in time and cooperate with the epidemic prevention work.

18 hours ago, Splashee® said:

Dodging anyone on the streets. Keeping a wide gap to people (because they forget) 

My school canteen is still crowded with a lot of people, I try to keep away from them. But once there is a risk, it is inevitable. I hope that doesn't happen.

• Brohoof 2

30 minutes ago, Envy said:

The city closest to me is infamous for having Trump's first indoor hate rally a couple of months ago, causing lots of problems. Alongside people around where I live thinking everything is a hoax and not caring about other people. I stay home. I only go out for doctor's appointments and am extremely cautious when I do.

I think the most important thing is to treat, not to talk about "useless". If you go to the hospital, it is recommended that you wear goggles and N95 mask. I did the same thing when the epidemic was serious, and I felt very nervous. I hope you and your family will be safe.

22 minutes ago, Sonic Shimmer said:

Oxford University in the UK is developing a vaccine which is in the final stage of trials. It probably won’t be approved for a couple of months in the best case scenario though. Even when it is, vaccinating millions of people will be a long process.

The UK does have a very good level of test amounts compared to its total population, but there are problems with getting tests done, with some being made to travel miles and miles for it. Our contact tracing is also failing to reach a lot more people than we’d like.

I don’t think things will get as bad as they did back in March and April (we were recording 900+ deaths daily at one point) but cases are undeniably rising. Schools have reopened too, which was always going to be a risky move.

The government limited meetings to no more than six people yesterday and masks are required in most indoor spaces. All we can do is hope that the majority of people follow the rules.  

I got it! China has also developed a vaccine, but it is in the second stage. Same, it may take a long time to use it on everyone. You must pay attention to protection and try to stay away from the crowd. I hope you'll be OK.

• Brohoof 1

35 minutes ago, Dragon_Zhang said:

It happened in China, too. People can't stay at home. Once upon a time, some people continued to operate chess and card rooms, and some irregular Internet cafes were also opened. A lot of people went there, and they didn't do any protection. The government ordered a strict investigation of these illegal businesses. This has also brought a lot of trouble to the epidemic prevention work. Gradually, all over China began to attach importance to it. On public transport, everyone should wear masks as required, otherwise they will not be allowed to ride. It's the same in shopping malls and supermarkets. Hope we can get through the difficulties together, come on!

I totally understand the need to go out and socialize, I get it.  I miss being able to go out too but at the end of the day, if my country wants to get back to that, we need to ensure better testing, more due-diligence with one's own health and actually wearing masks/ social distancing.  Just look at countries that aren't having any, or at least a lot, of cases, they were very vigilant with the virus and everyone practiced social distancing, wore masks and took other precautions.  Now we're seeing a boost in cases as things are opening back up and the government loosens it's regulations.  I miss going out when I wanted to but my country needs to work better at ensuring the virus doesn't spread as it did before or worse.

• Brohoof 1