Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask: 20th Anniversary Trivia.

Ganondorf8

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask: 20th Anniversary Trivia.

Welcome to the 'Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask: 20th Anniversary Trivia'.

Hmmm? Are you surprised by this? I wouldn't be unless you weren't around on the forums two years ago, then you can be surprised.

Two years ago, I had an event that celebrated the 20th anniversary of 'Ocarina of Time' as it was something I was passionate about. Back then, I said that I would do something similar for the 20th anniversary of its sequel, and here we are. This is of course, the trivia side of things, and unlike other trivia we've had around here, you can earn up to five badges as opposed to just one which is the usual standard.

Also unlike previous trivia, there are multiple sets of questions; five sets to be exact. Each set is dedicated to one of the four regions found in 'Majora's Mask' plus an extra set which can be described as anything goes. Since I know not everyone has played this game, you don't have to attempt all five sets unless you're one of those people who want badges in which case go right ahead and challenge them all.

This time, you need to send answers to me directly. I do hope you try this trivia because it's something that only comes up once in a lifetime given the occasion. Again, send me your answers otherwise they could wind up being lost. You will have five days to submit your answers because this is a daunting task... But if you know what you're doing, this should be simple and perhaps bring about some nostalgia.

Again, you can earn up to five badges. You get one badge for each set of questions you answer correctly. Each badge has a different colour and are connected to the categories as follows.

Green: Woodfall
Pink: Snowhead
Blue: Great Bay
Yellow: Ikana
Grey: Final

Remember, you don't have to attempt all five sets of questions. If you want to try just one as an example, then that's okay. You just need to indicate this in your responses. That's something I should stress otherwise it could leave me confused. The more you attempt, the more badges you can win. Think of it as an incentive especially for those of you who love collecting the various badges we've had here on the forums over the years.

Any questions? Feel free to ask but know that I won't answer the questions for you. Now where's the fun in that?

Are you ready to begin? Whether you are or not, here we go.

Woodfall Set.

1. What is the name of the first mask you receive in the game?

2. Where do the Deku Scrubs live in Woodfall?

3. What was the monkey accused of doing?

4. The Deku Butler gives you what as a reward for racing him?

5. What is wrong with the water in Woodfall when you first arrive?

6. Tingle's father, who lives in the Southern Swamp of Woodfall, is hosting what kind of event?

Snowhead Set.

1. Name the Goron hero who perished in Snowhead.

2. What are the names of the two upgraded swords you can receive from the Mountain Smithy?

3. How does one get past the invisible giant Goron guard?

4. In Snowhead Temple, what is the dungeon item you can find?

5. To gain access to the Goron Racetrack, what do you need to do?

6. One member of the Frog Choir can be found in Snowhead when spring returns. Where are the other four located?

Great Bay Set.

1. Name all of the members of the Indigo-Gos.

2. What did the Gerudo Pirates steal from the Zoras?

3. Shiro, the Inconspicuous Soldier, can be found where in the Pirate's Fortress?

4. To acquire a seahorse, you need to show the fisherman what?

5. In Great Bay Temple, how was the fight against Gyorg changed from the original version to the 3DS remake?

6. How many times do you have to race the beaver brothers in order to earn all of their rewards?

Ikana Set.

1. What is the gimmick of Stone Tower Temple?

2. To gain access to Ikana, you need two specific items. What are they?

3. If you wear certain masks in front of the ReDead, what do they end up doing in response?

4. The Elegy of Emptiness creates shells of Link and his three transformations. Why is the Deku Shell seen as the useless one?

5. There is a special dialogue in the throne room of Ikana Castle that can happen. How do you get this dialogue and what does it entail aka involve?

6. What are four things that the Gibdo want that lurk below the well?

7. What happened to Pamela's father?

8. The Great Fairy of Kindess gives you what item for restoring her to normal?

Final Set.

1. If you thwart the robbery in Clock Town, instead of a bomb bag appearing in the Curiosity Shop, what appears there instead?

2. How does one help out Mayor Dotour with his problem?

3. What happens during the first night at Romani Ranch that Link needs to stop?

4. During the second night, Cremia asks Link to help her with what? Also, how do you make it easier during additional attempts?

5. The Mask of Truth has two different functions. What are they?

6. What are Tingle's 'magic words'?

7. How do you acquire the 'ultimate transformation'?

8. What are the three rewards earned through the Anju and Kafei sidequest?

9. Which three non-transformation masks have a B Button function?

10. Of the three forms of the final boss, the second form is the most unusual. Why is this?

You did do the trivia after all! thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!

@Ganondorf8

I do know the answer to all the questions but I want to make sure about the one in the Ikana set? In question number two, where you said you needed two items to reach the Ikana Canyon

Spoiler

There's technically three sets of roadblocks in the Ikana region that you need to get through in order to reach all parts of it.

in your question are you talking about what two items do you need to get at the very least in order to get to the part of the game world where it says you're in "Ikana Canyon" in the corner? Because if it is, I know what the two items are but I want to make sure that I'm not looking at the Wrong Road block along the way.

Also do I need to put all five sets in separate messages or is it possible for me to put it all in one big message for you?

@Will Guide

I prefer it if you send them all together in the same message. It will make it easier for me.

Spoiler

To answer your question about the question, do you remember the character who sits on top of a large cliff that overlooks the path to Ikana? He mentions one thing you need which is the first item and when he disappears, something else happens which requires the other item.

And of course I was going to do this. I said that I would two years ago and here we are at last.

Edited by Ganondorf8
Added a bit more.

48 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

@Will Guide

I prefer it if you send them all together in the same message. It will make it easier for me.

Hide contents

To answer your question about the question, do you remember the character who sits on top of a large cliff that overlooks the path to Ikana? He mentions one thing you need which is the first item and when he disappears, something else happens which requires the other item.

And of course I was going to do this. I said that I would two years ago and here we are at last.

I thought so. 

Answers shall be along shortly!

Actually about the Kafei and Anju question in the Final Set:

Spoiler

You say that there's three rewards but there's actually more than three specific things. Do you intend to mean what are the three "kinds" of items you get? Because if you do, I might have to one specific answer that I submitted to you

5 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Actually about the Kafei and Anju question in the Final Set:

Reveal hidden contents

You say that there's three rewards but there's actually more than three specific things. Do you intend to mean what are the three "kinds" of items you get? Because if you do, I might have to one specific answer that I submitted to you

It would be the final rewards you receive.

10 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

It would be the final rewards you receive.

"Final rewards" of which there are 3? Because at the end of that specific side questthere's actually one specific thing. ???

23 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

What are the three rewards earned through the Anju and Kafei sidequest?

I don't know. the side quest isn't just about those two; Several other people are involved throughout the whole 3 days.  it seems kind of confusing. Meh, if I'm wrong on that one question you're likely give me a redo. We still have 4 days left, anyway

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

"Final rewards" of which there are 3? Because at the end of that specific side questthere's actually one specific thing. ???

I don't know. the side quest isn't just about those two; Several other people are involved throughout the whole 3 days.  it seems kind of confusing. Meh, if I'm wrong on that one question you're likely give me a redo. We still have 4 days left, anyway

Spoiler

It also includes helping out Madame Aroma and the Postman. Though they have their own quests, they are a part of the Anju and Kafei quest.

And yes, I do allow second chances on questions.

This trivia is now closed and so it will be locked, unfeatured, and unpinned. I want to thank those who took part even though it wasn't My Little Pony related. Perhaps we might have something like this again one day? Who knows.

• This topic was locked, unfeatured and unpinned