Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Fallout 4

FALCON PUNCH

OK all the bugs have been worked out by now, 2 years after release. I highly recommend going out and buying the ultimate edition with all the DLC and giving it a go. A lot of the problems you had with 3 are a non issue in New Vegas. The replay value is high due to multiple factions with different questlines for the faction you choose (you can only choose one per play). There is a hardcore mode where you actually have to drink, eat, and sleep to survive the wastelands. Plus skills were revamped with a bunch of fun perks, there are no classes per se, but you make your own as you go and by mid game your character can feel vastly different from another depending on what skills you pick ( I am partial to stealth and unarmed)

Damn what a spergpost

TL;DR New Vegas is superior to 3 in almost every way, it is one of the best RPGs to come out this last decade and if you like western RPGs then you owe it to yourself to play it.

I am suddenly intrigued.

Shame on me for listening to popular opinion (I hate doing that but sometimes when I don't know what's good the bad sounds like it's all that's out there) because all I heard was that it was basically Fallout 3 all over again with new locales.

Then again, they say the same thing about Call of Duty and even though I haven't played them I can, with almost 100% certainty, say that they are all different, people just don't wanna see the differences because all they see is "corridor corridor corridor, it's the same game because of the corridors" when there's probably a difference in gameplay, weapons, multiplayer, story, locales....

I particularly like the sound of this hardcore mode. That'd add a whole new aspect to the game that would keep me on my toes.

I am suddenly intrigued.

Shame on me for listening to popular opinion (I hate doing that but sometimes when I don't know what's good the bad sounds like it's all that's out there) because all I heard was that it was basically Fallout 3 all over again with new locales.

Then again, they say the same thing about Call of Duty and even though I haven't played them I can, with almost 100% certainty, say that they are all different, people just don't wanna see the differences because all they see is "corridor corridor corridor, it's the same game because of the corridors" when there's probably a difference in gameplay, weapons, multiplayer, story, locales....

I particularly like the sound of this hardcore mode. That'd add a whole new aspect to the game that would keep me on my toes.

The lead designer of the game actually plays his own game alot and has released a mod that tweaks the hardcore to be even more hardcore to his taste

http://www.falloutwiki.com/JSawyer

A very nice guy, I have had the privilege of speaking with him on another forum. It was such a shame that Obsidian didnt get their bonus for New Vegas because of 1 point on meta critic (The game had to get a 85 or above for them to get bonus's, it got an 84)

Try getting your hand on a copy of the game, its still decent on console but I would recommend pc over that if you can. I know it was on sale on steam around xmas for about 5 bucks, keep an eye out.

Is anyone else just excited for fallout 4, and not complaining about it?

There has been no word on Fallout 4 so there is no reason to get excited just yet.

I would definitely prefer to get it on PC but I don't even have one to play with. I use my mom's laptop to use the internet but aside from that I can't download anything on here.

I would definitely prefer to get it on PC but I don't even have one to play with. I use my mom's laptop to use the internet but aside from that I can't download anything on here.

Well if you go for console you can get a copy used for about 6 bucks on amazon now. And I guarantee you will get 6 bucks worth of playtime out of it. I got about 500 hours out of my console version. And that was without any DLC.

If you are still on the fence, I recommend maybe watching a LP and seeing if its up your alley.

Having no job right now even that is a lot of money. lol

Btw, you disappeared for a long time. Where ya been, Gummy?

Work, school, and MMOs

I used almost nothing but melee in FO3. LOL

Only time I ever used guns was against mutants.

Now that I'm talking about it I guess I never really did explore as much of the game as I could have. I started an evil playthrough but that got boring, probably because I was playing it exactly the same as my original good playthrough just...different alignment.

No, I haven't gotten New Vegas yet. I've always heard of it's major glitchiness. I mean, I heard the same thing about Fallout 3 but I never ran into them (I have FO3 on PS3)

There's still a lot of FO3 I haven't explored though, I did a lot of it on my first playthrough and probably would have done it all if it weren't for the fact that my file got erased when i started a new one and also that you can't load up your file and continue if you walk in and do the sterilization yourself and die unless you have the Broken Steel DLC (Which I do not)

I remember when i first got FO3 i had a sledge hammer at level 2 and found a group of super mutants it didn't end well

I REALLY want bethesda and obsidian to develop the next one. bethesda has a knack for really amazing settings and map design, and obsidian has talented writers and brings variety to the quest. that being said, i hope the next game takes place in chicago. me and my friend had a looong discussion on what the best city would be for the next game. and we agreed that chicago is the best route. im not gonna post why cause it`ll take too long xD

Fallout 4 better have Fallout 3's dark atmosphere. None of this "yeah, there's bands of drug-abusing serial killers, but it's all cool because there's an entire city of incredible robots who'd defend you in a paradise city of Vegas."

I liked Fallout 3's sense of 'you are f*cked'. The one chance the story gave you was the Brotherhood, and they were on their last legs before you got there. I want more vicious raiders, not junkies pretending to be. Torn apart limbs in F3 were much more interesting than an empty jet inhaler.

I can't offer anything on mechanics and stuff because I haven't the faintest clue. Just want a more grim atmosphere, struggling to survive in a torn land.

• 1 month later...

Fallout: Canada.

Yes.

Before you whine that Canada isn't part of the American setting thet Fallout is about, remember that Canada was annexed by the US in the Fallout timeline.

Also, I think Canada would be a nice place to take the game to.

Think about it. We pretty much know all about the US, we at least know a little about Mexico (part of the NCR), but we haven't heard a ing about Canada.

Think about it.

yeah i think fallout 3 would go in the top 5 of most glitchy games.

That's all part of the fallout experience! The first two games were glitchy as hell, too! It ain't fallout if you can't abuse whatever crazy glitches you will encounter.

Also I'm a huge fallout nut, sooo any mention of fallout 4 makes me happy. I'm not sure what it is, but I can't get into Skyrim no matter how hard I try.

Edited by Lord Bababa
  • Brohoof 1

That's all part of the fallout experience! The first two games were glitchy as hell, too! It ain't fallout if you can't abuse whatever crazy glitches you will encounter.

Also I'm a huge fallout nut, sooo any mention of fallout 4 makes me happy. I'm not sure what it is, but I can't get into Skyrim no matter how hard I try.

The glitchy ness make a stronger community on the game too as people have to woke to make patches ect.

Let me say that I love Fallout and at the first mention of a Fallout 4 I think I just squealed with joy. I've been thinking about this for a bit, here's something I'd like to see in a new Fallout game:

Return to the east coast. I absolutely loved F:3, it was an amazing game, but after I completed it for the twentieth time I couldn't help but feel a bit down knowing that my actions wouldn't link up with the other games, seeing as Fallout 2 was a direct sequel to Fallout, and there were many, many references to these two games in New Vegas. The Capital Wasteland was basically cut off from the other games based in the west. I would love to see a new Fallout based in New York, Savannah, or Boston, as long as its a city on the east coast, I'm happy. However, this doesn't seem likely as Bethesda has given hints about it being set in Chicago, I guess to revive Van Buren, which was supposed to be set in the Midwest? Meh, a game set in Chicago would be great as well.

• Brohoof 1

This. Fallout is buggy, it always has been and it always will be. They obviously put them in there on purpose so that you don't get 100% sucked into the world, duh. They do want you to have a life!

Also, same with Skyrim. I did get about 90%the completion on my main character but the whole time I felt like I was just going through the motions. I was expecting another awesome game like Oblivion, but thats not what I got.

They better fix the graphic motor, New Vegas was Pokemon Red basically.

Like i said in another thread, Fallout 4 should take place in Japan, it can get a really creepy environment.

They obviously put them in there on purpose so that you don't get 100% sucked into the world, duh. They do want you to have a life!

Another excuse for bad developing.

I just hope you were not serious by saying that.

Edited by The Milkman

• 1 year later...

I don't know if anyone posted about the maybe possible leaked spoiler or not.

some kids on reddit sniffed around bethesda and found that they recently purchased a site called http://www.thesurvivor2299.com.
going onto the site revelas a morse code and a day with a 24 clock counting down to december 11th.

The morse code once debunked is beeping the same date as the clock is predicting.

Ironically spike usually has their video game awards around mid-december.

So what's this all mean?
Fallout 4 may be confirmed.

(the image is fake)

post-11536-0-87838100-1384467655_thumb.jpg

I'm generally not swayed by leaks.

This would be great though.

Still gotta play "Fallout Complete" though (Fallout 3 & New Vegas in one game thanks to Requiem to a Capital Wasteland)