Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Sparkly Situation (1x1 with Catpone Cerberus)

Props Valroa

@Starforce
Frail didn't seem bothered by the sudden stop in Sparkly's response, there was many reasons for someone to cut their words short, so she didn't think much of it. "She may be more interested in that than I am, since like stated before, she has some kind of connection to the moon." "But I of course can't speak for her." in her opinion, honesty was a good policy in this type of things, so she wasn't afraid to admit that looking at the moon and space wasn't particularly interesting to her.

Frail would lead Sparkly through the garden, going past the various statues showcasing the various great villains of Equestria, starting from the very beginning of Equestria's history and going forward in time until the newest attack. All the statues had next to them a small summary of the event it was showcasing, Frail wouldn't say anything regarding them until Sparkly asked or commented something first.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

She looks at the statues and stops, finding them all very interesting. Sparkly approaches Nightmare Moon's statue. "Nightmare Moon. Bringer of eternal night. I really like her aesthetic. I find it interesting how this world makes statues of its villains and then has them presented here...Queen Chrysalis, queen of the changelings..." she mused, looking at all of them. It was quite clear she was very interested in them. But Nightmare Moon interested her the most. "If Lunar has some sort of connection to the moon, I wonder what she thinks of Nightmare Moon? I'll have to ask her that." she states as she looks over the descriptions of the villains. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
"One who does not remember history is bound to repeat it." Frail said "And considering our villains have the habit of returning now and then, it's good that the common pony knows them." "It is also to celebrate the victories." "We haven't talked much about these things with Lunar, but as I have understood it, she prefers Luna." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

“In my world there are people who don’t believe in that and they want to tear down statues but that would basically be removing history. Those types of people are quite violent unfortunately. For Lunar, can I ask if she likes hugs? I am sorry but you ponies are like walking pillows to me.” Sparkly giggled innocently.

@Starforce
Frail didn't comment on the statue destruction, as she didn't really know what to comment, she didn't really understand why anyone would bring statues down here, since they were merely there to show what kind of villains they had faced, she understood that the situation may have been different where Sparkly came from, but in Equestria it would just be weird. It would also bring up a moral question especially with the newest statue since the villains were still in there.  "Within reason yes, she is bit like me when it comes to hugging, nothing wrong with it as long as it doesn't go overboard." "Golden is bit less happy about hugs, especially if they are sudden." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"That is understandable. I think we should now go see what Lunar is up to. These statues are fascinating, but I am sure your friends are even more fascinating than they are." Sparkly compliments. She found Frail Spark's lack of interest, sort of as a bit of a frustrating factor but didn't bring it up. She seemed more formal if anything, she wanted Frail Spark to be more open. More huggy and cuddly! But maybe that will happen once the two are better acquainted. She would follow Frail Spark's lead.

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
As it was also the way out of the garden, Frail kept leading Sparkly past the statues "You don't get to talk about moon any faster regardless of how quickly we go to the market, Lunar will be working until afternoon and will limit the topics of conversations until then to stay professional." she pointed out, she was as friendly as ever, not annoyed or anything "While I'm happy to introduce you to my friends, we must remember they have their own lives and schedules, we can go to the market, but it'll be couple hours before you can properly get introduced. 
if nothing happened and Sparkly didn't change her mind, Frail would lead the way towards the market, though she didn't choose the quickest way, as she still wanted to show the locations of few places, mainly things that were easy to see and remember, so that Sparkly would be able to navigate in the city in case she ended up there alone.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly nodded and was accepting of that suggestion at hand. She looked out at the points Frail Spark pointed out and acknowledges them. "I understand, my friend. I know that they have their own lives and we will have to work along with that of course. Maybe if I am good today, you can get me a cookie?" Sparkly asks with a gentle grin. She wanted to form more of a connection with Frail Spark. "Perhaps if we don't have anything else to do other than going to the store you can show me what you do for hobbies and enjoyment. Making glassware, perhaps?" 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
"There's already cookies at the house, I bought baked goods too to show what there's available." Frail stated, "Me making new items isn't really a good option due to how time consuming it is, that would be bit too effective at killing time, but I can show the few places I and my friends spend time in." "Hobbies I don't really have, since my work consumes most of the time, it being what I enjoy doing." they would soon arrive to a small lookout spot near to the edge of the city, Frail pointed towards a bunch of building in a distance "That's Ponyville." this was also where Sparkly would be able to see just how high on the mountain Canterlot was if she hadn't realized it before. Frail also pointed at a flying cloud city in a different direction "That there is Cloudsdale, the pegasus city." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly nodded about the cookies and Frail Spark's hobbies. She didn't have much to say about that, and when confronted with such amazing sights as Ponyville off in the distance her eyes widened a bit at how high they were on the mountain. She didn't realize that Canterlot was actually on a mountain and she froze up for a few moments as she processed this information. "Woah, that is really...really cool. This entire city being built on a mountain...that must need some really impressive engineering, look how high we are!" she jumped up a bit and felt a little flighty. Then, another impressive sight laid above. An actual cloud city. Her eyes looked up at it with childish wonder, she wasn't going to suppress her emotions here simply because of how in awe she was. "Cloud cities only existed in movies and fiction but there it is...wow!" 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
Frail smiled, she couldn't share Sparkly's awe, mostly because she was so used to things being like they were, but she was happy to see her reaction, her enthusiasm was endearing, and nice variation for what she usually saw. "Cloudsdale is where all the weather related things are made, there's also Los Pegasus, or Las Pegasus, both are used, it's more entertainment focused, and is a big travel destination for all types of ponies and other creatures. You can't see it from here, but it floats behind those mountains." she pointed at mountains far away that were  in the same direction as Ponyville

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly smiles as she looks around more before eventually looking back to Frail Spark with a serene grin. “Weather factory? You don’t mean to tell me that you ponies also control the weather? While we can influence it to small devrees through cloud seeding the weather defines its own courses of action…but controlling it?” She seemed confused but nodded to the information about los pegasus. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
"Yes, as I have mentioned before, the pegasi can control the weather, there is places like for example the Everfree forest where weather does its own thing, but in general, pegasi are the ones responsible for what weather does." "They are not the only ones who can control it of course, various creatures and ponies with powerful enough magic can do that, but for them it comes naturally." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Since I am an alicorn, does that mean I can technically also control the weather? Since an alicorn is like all 3 pony races combined? At least that is far as my understanding goes of it." She states with a smile. It would be fun to control the weather or even just lay on a fluffy cloud. That wound be so fun, wouldn't it? "Perhaps when I learn to fly I can go up and get a cloud, and then we can lay on a cloud!" she spoke in an almost child like manner. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
"If you also gained the magic of an Alicorn from your transformation, then yes, you can." Frail responded "Though you would of course still need to learn to do it first, the ability to do so may come naturally, but skill to do so doesn't." "And while yes, you could lay on a cloud, I can't, only pegasi and alicorns can do that without a specific spell, a spell I don't know." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Someone will have to teach me that spell someday. But as for now, I am only capable of basic telekinesis. Perhaps later today you can teach me some of your magic if you would be okay with that, and if you know anyone else who would be willing to teach me that would be great." Sparkly responds with a calm blink of the eyes. "Now, time for the market?" 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
"You'll need to get hang of the basics before specializing to any specific kind of magic, and I can only help so much since there's a difference between knowing something and being able to teach it." "I'll give you few books you can study and will give advice on what I can, though not necessarily today, since there's only so many things you have time for during one day." Frail responded "And we have been going towards the market the whole time, this is just a longer route because as I said earlier, you don't get to meet Lunar properly before she's done working." "I also figured we could see if any of my other friends are in one of our regular meeting places that happens to be on the route." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Sounds like a plan. I suppose the best thing you can teach me is the spells that you are capable of, yourself. Thank you." she blinks her eyes slowly as they proceeded forward. "Tell me about your other friends, what are they like? You said some things before but what else can you tell me?" Sparkly asked with a quick adjustment of her mane. She was glad that the dye had worked quite well and she felt that her presentation would easily hide what she truly was.

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce

"I'm not best at knowing what to tell... Golden Melody, as I mentioned, is a singer, she's blind, but don't think that hinders her in any way in anything, in fact, she hates being treated any differently, this of course doesn't mean you can't ask her things, and her blindness is not in any way sensitive topic to her, but to put it like she puts it, she rather have somepony tell her to look at something, than have somepony ask if she needs help with something vision related." "She's a nice pony, friendly and is open to give every creature a change, though she is also the most verbal out of us four if you get on her bad side, since she hasn't had the need to learn the skill of passive aggression, as she doesn't deal with customers." Frail had an amused smile as she said the last part "She's also quite humble in my opinion, I think I already mentioned that while she has the skill and popularity to do so, she never does big shows, and while she no doubt has a big fortune, she never shows it off in any way, she lives in ponyville in a average house, and she has given more money away than I have seen her spend on herself." 

"Then there's Sunlight Lavender, she too is friendly to everyone she meets, and she tries always her best to avoid conflict, she currently lives in Ponyville with her brother" "She's the only one from us who wants a family, and she is very fitting for a mother I'd say, she's caring and all the way just very....mother like." "She loves to learn new things, so she probably would listen stories about your home as long as you can tell them." "There's one thing I'd like to mention though, Sunlight and Jade don't really like to talk about their parents, so keep that in mind when you eventually meet them." "Speaking of Jade, his full name is Jade Soar, and like his sister, he's very pleasant company, he is bit more reserved emotionally, but far from being cold, he's also very protective of those he cares about, risking himself to help them without hesitation." "I don't know too much about him personally, as he doesn't spend time with us that much, mainly because he's not really into the things we do, which I fully understand." 

"They both work as....well, I don't really know what to call it, they work with books, they translate old books and rewrite books or other written information that is either in danger of getting lost due to damage and such, or just happens to be written somewhere that cannot be moved, like in a wall of an old temple or something." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly listens intently upon what is stated. "Sunlight reminds me much of my aunt. She had 3 kids and was basically like, very friendly, perhaps overly friendly actually. I have others I knew that were similar to Sunlight, more often than not. I had a lot of friends in the times of school but since I graduated that basically faded away since I didn't talk to those people that much anyways. The only real friends I had were from outside of school and from other places." she stated a little less emotionally than one probably should on that topic.

"Jade is the one that reminds me the most of myself. While back home I was very friendly to those I met, I always felt more resigned and removed from most situations to a certain extent. Maybe I'm wrong but that is just how I perceived it. But everyone thought I was fairly friendly and cheerful despite whatever I thought." she spoke with a smile. "Golden melody, why, is that a beautiful name? She sounds like an absolute wonder to be around." 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
Frail wasn't actually too surprised about the lack of emotion on what Sparkly said, considering what she had already learned about her world and life, being nonchalant was actually something she expected, it was similar to how Frail was with the attacks and things like mind control and turning evil, when something was normal enough, no matter how emotional you were expected to be about it, you eventually become passive to it. 

"I wouldn't say Jade is resigned or removed from situations, our interests just don't match, I'm certain he's very active if and when he's around somepony with common interests." Frail said thoughtfully, "For what I do know about him, I'd say one of the biggest differences between you two is how you approach physical contact, while you want to hug everything that moves, he's almost too careful with personal space." there was humor in her tone to indicate that the point about Sparkly wanting to hug everything was more joke than an insult or critique

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly laughs at her little joke there. "I see! But yeah, I would say I am pretty huggy especially with ponies like you. Not to be weird or anything, but you just look so soft and cuddlable!" she gushed to her before stopping herself from saying too much. Sparkly's cheeks go red there, which was quite obvious with the added dye. "Yes, well Jade sounds quite interesting. I wonder what he is interested in? Perhaps he has some commonalities with me or something to bond over. But I think I would more likely share some with Sunlight and Lunar there." Sparkly mused. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
Frail just smiled, not wanting to point out the blushing since she knew that it would only make it worse, and she was not weirded out by the comment, partly due to this not being the first time she heard it. "I'm not familiar with his interests besides the obvious ones, he like his sister likes to learn, and being a pegasus, he really likes flying." they arrived next to a tavern, the door was open and they could see a purple female koblold playing an instrument and singing about a heroic dragon that chased away a pack of timberwolfs with her fiery axe. "Golden sometimes performs in this tavern, and it has become one of the places we meet with my friends when we decide to meet in Canterlot." 
Frail wasn't really that familiar with kobolds, they were extremely rare in Equestria, and looked like young wingless dragons, so she wouldn't have even considered them a separate species if it wasn't for her once overhearing one of them getting annoyed at being called a dragon.

Edited by Catpone Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly glances over into the tavern and sees the kobold on the interior entertaining her guests. "I've never really seen anyone like that, except in our movies and literature. But actually seeing a...wingless dragon? I think? But she looks very interesting, a purple one too. None of any comparable life forms on my world have that color on their scales." she commented. "I've never actually been to a tavern before, but it seems to be quite the meeting place if you wanted to organize a get together or something of the sort. Hmm, pretty cool." he turned to Frail Spark with a grin.

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
"They are actually called kobolds I think, don't know much about them, never met one, just overheard some chatter one day." "And taverns are actually quite a common meeting place here, though it is more an all-encompassing term than any specific type of place, inns, some restaurants and even some cafes get called taverns by some." If they kept looking in as they passed, they would see the kobold walking next to a table and sitting down on the table while singing, and on the chair at that table was sitting a light grey about half bigger dragon with axe seemingly made of molten rock hanging on her waist, and the dragon looked slightly embarrassed, even though she was clearly trying not to. "They are nice and mostly peaceful places." 

• Brohoof 1