Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Sparkly Situation (1x1 with Catpone Cerberus)

Props Valroa

@Starforce
"Until one of us turns evil and the other one manages to solve the situation, I don't see us having much of an effect." Frail said, scrunching her snout from the boop, she gave a small smile but other than that she didn't have much of a reaction to it, may have been partly due to her starting to get tired "Though I'm okay with that" she yawned "I'm not one for saving worlds and such, sound like a nightmare to be that famous."  

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly laughed quietly. "You say turning evil is like a resource. I don't understand that in the least but, what I do understand is that I uh, like booping you?" she says quietly, and then pointed out another quick meteor that she had seen. A bright pink one to be exact. "I don't want to be famous either, especially not in my current body,  you know? But even so I was not one to strive for such things. I am fine with who I am." 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
"I wouldn't say it's a resource, but it happens often enough that there's really nothing special about it, corruption from magic here, getting possessed there, I can only try to guess how many situations there is that we don't hear about." "And for booping, don't get carried away, like hugs, one or two is fine, but we are not there yet for more consistent habit." 

"The danger with seeking popularity and wealth is that those things tend to go to one's head, that's why for example Golden only takes gigs in smaller places even though she could easily make it big." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Oh I understand. You don't have to worry about excess booping from me!' she laughed happily. "And I hope that I can meet your friends soon enough, friends is a good thing and I can't wait to meet friends! Perhaps we should go sleep now, and then we'll see what your friends are up to in the morning? If your okay with that." she stated and stood up, flapping her wings slightly as if to stretch them out a bit.

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
Frail got up and yawned "The former I second, but for the latter, it's not really up to me." she then responded "Lunar is the only one I know the schedule of for some kind of certainty, the others usually contact me when they have time, though like I said, I'll be sending Sunlight a letter tomorrow to see if she can help with your situation." she waited to see if Sparkly managed herself or if she needed help again, regardless she would lead them back inside.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly shakily stands up, struggling to maintain her balance but this time she manages to stand up and walk, following her without help however shakily that may be. "Lunar...Sunlight, a lot of your friends are named after celestial objects. Is that a thing here?" she would ask tiredly as she followed back in with a tired yawn. Sparkly was feeling really tired, perhaps it was just this body's biological clock or just the general stress that has happened throughout the day here. "I think you'd be a good pillow..." she looked to Frail Spark with a cheeky grin.

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
"You need to settle for a normal pillow this time, like I said, not there yet." Frail stated, kindly, but direct enough to make sure it was clear, Sparkly may have been joking, she didn't know, but personal limits were something she felt were important to keep clear "For names, while there is lot of ponies with names related to weather, time of day, celestial objects and so on, it's not the main thing, everypony of course have their own reasons to name their foals whatever, or to change their names into something, but in general names tend to be rather descriptive, either based on how they look, or act, or what they do and or are good at, take me for example, glass is frail and magic sparks." she did a small magical spark to prove the point "Golden Melody is a good singer, and golden in color, Sunlight Lavender is orange like Sunlight and has purple mane like lavender, she's also quite sunny personality, Lunar Charm likes the moon and makes charms, and so on." "There's also those like the Apple family, where everypony is named something apple related." she yawned now and then but her explanation was surprisingly solid regardless of her obvious tiredness, again something coming from her job, she was used to explaining things, regardless of how tired she was.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly nodded calmly. "Alright, normal pillow it is then." she stated and then would pose a question. "If that is true, when a foal is named then how is it possible that their name will match what they are inclined to do, or talented with? That doesn't make much sense to me, could you explain that to me please?" Sparkly asked as they entered, having trouble understanding the reasoning for the names. "Perhaps naming foals has more of an affect than one may realize, like, somehow deciding their destiny? Only reason I could think of." she stated, walking to the door to her room in the house.

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
"There is many reasons, sometimes it's just coincidence, it may be that the name comes from something else and just happens to fit, like is the case with me, my name originally comes from how my magic acted when I young." "In some cases there's good indication what somepony's talent may be from the start, for example Golden, she was humming melodies long before she said her first word." "Parents can also affect the talents of their foals, like is the case with the Potion family, for generations without a fail, the first male unicorn foal of each generation has always been talented with potions." "There's also a small theory I have but I can't confirm since I myself am not a parent, Equestrian magic is weird, it's almost like its own entity, so it is possible it influences the parents in some way to make them give a fitting name." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"That theory could very well be the case, to me that only sounds like a logical explanation, at least considering what happens in this world. As for my name, it has a meaning. My real name. Richard. It means a strong, powerful ruler. Frail Spark, well, hmm. You don't seem very Frail to me, but that may have been your magic when you first started out. You definitely do have a spark though." Sparkly winks. "Anything else you want to say before we sleep? I probably will have a hard time sleeping as I have a ton to think about, really." 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
"My magic, or more specifically my focus on magic was easily broken when I was young, the problem went away with age." Frail summarized with a yawn, she either ignored or didn't notice the wing, could be either really, considering how visibly tired she was "Goodnight, I wonder if Luna will come to visit you, she'll probably notice there's new source of dreams in Equestria." she yawned again and left the room, closing the door behind her, heading to her own bedroom and falling asleep pretty much immediately.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Goodnight, newfound friend. Thank you for what you have done for me today. I hope you have a good sleep." Sparkly states happily, before closing the door and going off to sleep on her own after getting into bed. It took a long time for her to fall asleep against the raging thoughts in her mind. Like many times, her mind would eventually force her to fall asleep. Sparkly would snore silently, and enter the dreamworld. Perhaps Princess Luna would visit her dreams, because her subconscious thoughts and dreams would be like nobody else's. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
In the morning when or if Sparkly would wake up, she would find the house empty, though there would be a piece of paper on the table in her room, on which Frail had simply written 'I have business to take care of, will be back soon'. Frail would come back around 11 am, pulling a cart full of stuff again, she would leave most of it in the cart next to the main door inside, but she would take a chunk of it into the kitchen.

If Sparkly was still sleeping when she came back, she would do that all silently, but if she was awake, she would say Good morning and ask if she slept well. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly had woken up around 10:30am. It was an alright sleep although it took her a few hours to fall asleep and she had sweated a bit. But when she woke up she felt better. Upon getting out of bed and remembering the events of the previous day. She would open the blinds and look outside, seeing the sunny skies and various ponies about their daily business. She would look for Frail Spark, seeing that she was not there she would look about the house, finding the note. A little saddened that Frail Spark wasn't there to greet her in bed she would wait for her to get home, having since aten some fruits from the fridge, and had taken a quick shower.

When she got back, she would see Sparkly looking up at the ceiling a little bored. "Good morning! I slept...fine, it was really hard for me to fall asleep though." 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
"To be expected, like you said yesterday." Frail stated from the kitchen as she started putting things in different places there "I'm glad you fell asleep eventually though, did Luna visit you?" she would wait for response, and depending on the answer, she would respond along the lines of either 'maybe some other night then' or 'I knew she would get curious about the new dream.' she wouldn't ask for details with the latter though, since one's dreams were personal, and if Sparkly told details anyway, she would respond with something simple and short.

After that conversation, Frail would change the topic "I brought you things, I'll get to them more on detail when I get all of this sorted, but there's personal items like a brush, some clothes and I also brought different types of dyes, some more permanent than others." "I also sent a letter to Sunlight, and saw Lunar, Lunar will be available some time afternoon, she'll be on the market until then." they could go see her on the market of course, but they wouldn't have much chance to chat since Lunar would be working.  

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly rose an eyebrow slightly. "I felt that there was no interference within my dreams today, however I will tell you what I dreamed about..." Sparkly grinned before continuing, "For unknown reasons, the Moon's fault lines re-opened up and the crust of the moon began to tear itself apart. This geologic event somehow dislodged our moon from Earth's orbit slightly, and also the Earth's. This event happened a...few days in the future. Then, an unknown amount of time passed and I had ended up in this world. It was extremely cold outside, hard to breathe and the sky was the darkest it had ever been. A large amount of snow was on the ground. It was not water ice. But it was Oxygen, it had gotten so cold that our atmosphere began to freeze. I went inside my house, I stood in front of an open window. I could feel the air slowly rushing out as I struggled to breathe, almost collapsing before I closed the window. I went downstairs, my family had moved everything downstairs since it was so cold in the house and my dad told me everything about the moon.

In the far future, I saw the moon again. It had winding domes and cities across its surface in self contained domes. There was this large railway system that stretched across a vast portion with entirely man made landscapes that were extremely stunning all contained within a dome, and other areas of the moon were fully colonized. It was as if humanity abandoned Earth and moved to the moon." Sparkly sighed after revealing this dream, it was a lot to recall but it was something worth remembering that was for sure.

Sparkly was thankful that Frail would get her items. "Thank you so much! I should put the dyes on right now though, at least in my mane. I'd like to see what you got me, and the clothes. I look forward to meeting your friends by the way." she walked forward to see what she got.

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
As stated, Sparkly didn't much comment on the dream, just giving a response that indicated that she listened and acknowledged it, not that there was much to say, she didn't fully understand everything and she wasn't fully sure if the dream had been a nightmare or a pleasant one.

"There's two main types of dye, ones meant for Nightmare night that wash off easily with hot water, and ones that stick more permanently, though your original colors will of course come to view when your hair grows." "Figured that it would be good for you to be able to test out colors before putting on anything permanent." "For clothes there's dresses, cloaks, capes, things like that, there's not every color of clothing but they can be also dyed with the same dyes so that shouldn't be a problem, we can visit Rarity's boutique some day after you have figured out your appearance to get clothes made specially for you. but for now there's only simple ones available" "They are in the two bags in front of the cart." "The box next to them has the other items." in the box there was pretty much all the personal items that a mare would need, and like everything else with Frail, they were clearly high-end in quality, but not overly fancy.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly smiled happily, and then suddenly gave Frail Spark a big hug. "Sorry if I am completely overbearing but I need a a way to show how thankful I am for you and I am forever in your debt. You are like...a parent to me? Or a very trusted, loyal friend? Whatever you are, I very much appreciate it. I never thought I would be trying on dresses and capes, but let's see what we got here..." she said, and slowly pulled away before trotting over to the bags and opening them up. It was like christmas. She could see a few high quality cloaks, good for hiding wings. Dresses, she would wear those at important get togethers, and the dyes was certainly something she would want to try out. "How would I apply the dye? Is it like paint and I just put it on in the shower?" 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
The hug would be one sided as Frail was still levitating things when Sparkly hugged her, and it didn't seem to disturb the levitation at all. "Let's stay in the latter, the parent thing would be just weird, since we are physically around the same age." there was bit of humor in her tone, but it was also true, besides, if she wanted to be a mother, she would already have foals, like with her still being single, it was all from a choice, options were plenty if she ever wished for such. "I considered bringing clothes that are more traditionally used by stallions too, but they wouldn't really fulfill the purpose of hiding your wings and cutiemark." "For the dyes, the Nightmare night ones are very much like paint, I think they even have build in brush like thing, you simply put them on and then wipe the excess off using a towel, the more permanent ones are bit different, you spread them on the area and then wash the excess off, I suggest using the disposable gloves from the box for the latter if you use your hooves." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sparkly giggled at the comment about foals. "If you ever want me to call you "mom" I don't mind calling you that but if not that is okay. I should probably go test out these dyes, I'll do the temporary ones for now." she said and walked over to the mirror in the room, leaving the door open so Frail Spark could follow. She popped the top off of one of the dyes, a blue dye. And like that, she began to dye her hair. With focus, she continued, choosing the green one. She wanted a blue and green mane, as they talked Sparkly would be applying the dyes, she seemed quite satisfied. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
Frail didn't follow Sparkly as she still had stuff to take out of the cart, and the cart itself to put in storage. "Mom is the last thing I want to be called." joke or not, the idea made Frail bit uncomfortable, she wasn't mother material, and especially not for somepony who was same age physically as her and not related.  "As you may have noticed, I'm not big on relationship stuff, I also don't really want a family." she continued, that seemed as good of an jumping point into the topic as anything "I have been told I'll change my mind by almost everypony who have heard about it, but the fact is, I probably won't." "I'm mainly telling this so that you know what to expect from me." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"I don't want a family either. I don't want the responsibility for another's life when I have to be responsible for my own self which is already hard enough. Finally someone I can relate to, someone who doesn't want to have kids. Everyone I knew back home always wanted kids at some point but I never did. It's a hard task, a constant worry, and a constant pain that I don't want to deal with. I'd rather just find someone to have a relationship with but not have kids at all." Sparkly stated as she continued to apply the dye onto her mane. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
"For me there isn't any specific reason for it, I just don't want to." Frail stated "Not that I owe anypony explanation anyway, it's none of their business, besides, it's them who are making the claims, so if somepony needs to justify something, it's those who say somepony has to do something just because everypony else does it." "Luckily my friends not only understand, but all but Sunlight also agree, and even Sunlight, while she personally wants a family, she has never questioned why we don't, could be because her brother isn't really interested in the whole family thing either." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Very fair, I not only agree but I support you in that decision. I could never take care of babies, and I don't even know how your...young are like. What are they, foals? Fillies? I hope they are not as bad as human babies which are the absolute worst." Sparkly laughs gently, finishing up her mane before going to her tail next. Her mane was a beautiful shades of blue and green now and she wondered what Frail Spark thought but didn't ask

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce
"Foals, that's the general term, fillies and colts are for specific genders, like mare and stallion." Frail simply informed, she didn't think too much about Sparkly's mane, she did acknowledge in her mind that it made Sparkly look better in context of not looking like Twilight, though she still looked like Twilight with different mane, after all, there wasn't many purple alicorns around, or purple ponies in general now that she thought about it. "For how foals are like to raise, no idea, though I do know that unicorns can get tricky when their magic first activates, unsurprisingly, young foals have trouble controlling their magic." 

• Brohoof 1