Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could Princess Celestia survive the Warhammer40k universe?

Bendy

(edited)

To give her some chance, she's in a remote world with zero sapient mind species to endanger her, and is isolated from most of the action. Even if she immortal in the sense she can't die of old age, would she still end up being killed at some point? Even if she tried hiding from all the insanity that's happens in this universe? Princess Celestia may want to help 'fix' the universe, but it may led to her death if she tries.

Try stay true to thr show. Your OP Princess Celestia from your fan fiction, I mean sure, she can take on the entire Warhammer40k universe, but let's try keep her close to canon.

Edited by Bendy

No idea if she could manage something as insane as taking down the God Emperor of Man. But... we can't even manage to decisively kill Elvis; and even if Celestia succeeded, I doubt 95% of the Imperium would believe it really happened, leaving the door open to a bunch of clever copycats trying to assume control.

In a fight? Celestia's might is at least comparable to the strongest weapons in 40k. You can't do much better than the equivalent of a "Starkiller Base." Obliterating stars, or entire star systems is the pinnacle of military ordinance.

Celestia's main threat is going to be the Necrons. They have access to K'tan shards which are pretty much "Death Stars" in a can. Interestingly though, the most insane tool they have at their disposal, is the ability to move stars like pieces on a chess board via... I guess, quantum entanglement? I don't know if there's been any detail on what the power needs (if any) are to actually do this, so it may be questionable whether or not Celestia's ability to move space bodies is comparable. Her best option, if she's getting into a fight, is to make a run for the Necron homeworld and slam their mother star into it. BUT... what happens if that replica of the galaxy is destroyed? It might just release the real galaxy from its hold, like a curse being lifted. Or would the destruction of that device, destroy the galaxy as well? Assuming she accomplishes this though, she now controls the "nuclear arsenal" and all other weapons are feeble by comparison.

The really big "if" in all of this, is, are Alicorns capable of flight in space? Luna survived on the moon without air or food, so we at least know life-support isn't an issue. But wings don't produce propulsion in a vacuum; not without some kind of magic enhancement anyhow. And we know Luna didn't leave the moon before her sentence was up, but we also don't know the nature of her imprisonment. She could have been held in some kind of containment field, or kept in a quasi-state of hibernation, meaning flight wouldn't be an option anyway.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think she'd fair too well, mostly because her personality and sense of morality would get in the way of dealing out a ton of damage.

Perhaps she could carve out a niche for herself if she understood the situation, and maybe after living for over a thousand years she has an iron curtain to pull over her sweet demeanor.

I don't know much in depth stuff for Warhammer, but my understanding is that most species stick to their own and hate each other, so she'd be as an abomination at best and a threat at worst,,,

1 hour ago, SharpWit said:

I don't think she'd fair too well, mostly because her personality and sense of morality would get in the way of dealing out a ton of damage.

She went far enough to banish her sister and lock Discord away in stone. Also, leading the Crystal War, which was probably bloody as all heck. I'm sure she'd avoid casualties where possible, but that still leaves her a lot of wiggle room to affect real change.

She's basically an ignorant, untrained psyker. That's like a giant beacon for all the denizens of the Warp. She'd suffer a fate worse than death.

9 hours ago, BornAgainBrony said:

She went far enough to banish her sister and lock Discord away in stone. Also, leading the Crystal War, which was probably bloody as all heck. I'm sure she'd avoid casualties where possible, but that still leaves her a lot of wiggle room to affect real change.

Aye, but she opted for punishments that were merciful. Is she capable of forgoing good intentions to survive the onslaught of a fanatically genocidal universe? I could see her potentially securing a solar system but the promise of mutually assured destruction to would be invaders may serve more as a welcome mat than an obstacle.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-06-04 at 1:31 AM, SharpWit said:

Aye, but she opted for punishments that were merciful. Is she capable of forgoing good intentions to survive the onslaught of a fanatically genocidal universe? I could see her potentially securing a solar system but the promise of mutually assured destruction to would be invaders may serve more as a welcome mat than an obstacle.

What about collateral damage? Surely she hasn't managed a 2000 year reign fraught with at least a couple major conflicts, without some deaths involved. Sure those who are captured stand trial for war crimes and such, but wars are simply messy affairs and there's no way of avoiding that.

Being a ruler and commander as old as she is, seeing so much death even as just a natural part of life, she surely has a less emotional perspective than us mere mortals. This is someone who didn't even tear up after seeing her sister again for so long. In spit of all the grief and regret, she still managed to put duty first and keep her feelings in the background.

As far as the Necrons are concerned though, no big concern there. They were never alive to begin with. Give them no more concern than one would the reanimated corpses who serve a Necromancer. That victory alone might be enough to start a major political shift in the universe: accomplishing something that the God Emperor of Man had been unable to do. When people discover their all-powerful deity actually isn't all-powerful, it usually doesn't end well for the deity.

• 3 months later...

She would probably get killed or subdued eventually unless she gets lucky and somehow strikes up a friendly relationship with the Tau If not I think chaos or the Imperium would eventually get to her. If on a remote planet  she would most likely live unless a faction starts a colony and then she might get caught in any crossfire. 

Edited by Alpharius