Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How much longer should FiM go before MLP transitions into G5?

Zenoctilles

I would hope that it lasts about 3 more seasons and one movie (can they stay ponies for this one please) I would feel 7 is a good amount for fear of it potentially getting stale, Bur in all honesty as long as they keep it fresh they can keep the show going for as long as they want, I don't want to think about G5 right now.

The date of the GIV-GV transition is an exceptionally hard question to answer. Considering the position Twilight and her friends are in now, I'd have to say that the end of Season 5 will bring the GIV-GV transition.

I really wouldn't put a set number of seasons or episodes. I mean, let the show play itself out. If the show ends up getting stale, either get some new writers who will think outside of the box or end the show on a good note. That might take two seasons, 4 season, etc. In the end, we don't know, so let's enjoy the ride while the roller coaster still stands. ^^

• Brohoof 1

Don't get me wrong, the current style is great, but sometimes, it pays dividends to mix up the art style a little bit.

Taking into account that FiM is not Pokémon and that there is no short-term inevitable need for a new "generation" (hardly a good comparison since Pokeymon's generations are all inherently connected anyway, and the series has never been "rebooted"), I still believe that, when

In my opinion and prediction, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is not perfect and timeless, and will eventually run out of steam, along with all the other parts of “Generation 4”.

But because FiM is so much more radically popular than anything MLP before it… they’ll have to wait at least a few years before introducing anything else. It shouldn’t be like Pokeymon or some other brand where a new “generation” is just introducing a new world that is fundamentally part of the same lore. (altho I would be okay if it starred characters that canonically are from previous versions of MLP, including FiM. However, any new media from a reboot of My Little Pony should be able to stand on it's own. I reckon that is a fair enough requirement.)

I think it would be amusing for My Little Pony to totally reinvent itself again.

If, and only if, FiM completely and utterly dies as a current series, then they can reboot My Little Pony as a brand, but if they do, they might as well go the full monty and make it radically different.

I think it would be cool if, in the distant future, like ten years from now, like four years after the last official FiM media releases, that they actually dare to do full-blown CGI movies or TV episodes with realistic horse-hair bristle textures, and it turns out to looks great. I think it would be cool if the brand was utterly rebooted yet again, every bit as drastically as FiM changed MLP.

The design and aesthetic of the show is so iconic it would bankrupt Hasbro to change it.

Personally, I agree with you. It makes more sense for the 5th incarnation to follow the current style for production reasons (reusable assets) and financial stability (not wanting a third of the viewers to leave). I actually expect G5 to take place in a different era with all new characters, but use a lot of the same design elements on G4.

• Brohoof 1

Ngl I would like 5 more seasons and the finale as a full-length show-animated movie, with actual ponies. I just feel like FiM needs to go out with a huge bang!

• Brohoof 1

As for the question, I've got to say I hope at least 5 more seasons and a PONY movie (not god damn humans ugh).

After reading a few posts regarding G5 and G4, I've become interested in this world, with this world's characters and lore and setting. If G5 is totally alienated from this world/universe I wouldn't feel to keen on switching over, but if it's the same quality and similar (but hopefully the same) art style, I'll consider it. But if not, I think I might finally be free from this show.

But what I hope for in G5 that it is in the same universe with the same or similar art style.

I dunno folks, unless G5 had the same kind of setting or style, or stuck true to what G4 is, I don't think I'd be interested. Lauren is god, and I'm not sure anything would ever compare to what she's created with G4.

lauren didnt just try to make a kids show she tried something else and it worked as nkw males like it aswell so yeah there isnt really a good chance of laurens mlp being less than g5 unless she does g5 but without leaving. Lets just hope g4 stays for quite some time.

I personally rather not even think about the end of G4. If it gets stale, they should bring up new writers or give it a break for a year or two and bring it back with a fresh crew of writers and/or voice actors. ^_^

hopefully you dont mean replacing the mane 6 as they make the show what it is wether we love or hate them we know them as is and should remain I think but one who really deserves a voice again is derpy. Macintosh should have more lines aswell and meaningful ones as hes supposec to be wisened like zakora.

• Brohoof 1

hopefully you dont mean replacing the mane 6 as they make the show what it is wether we love or hate them we know them as is and should remain I think but one who really deserves a voice again is derpy. Macintosh should have more lines aswell and meaningful ones as hes supposec to be wisened like zakora.

No, I meant that if a voice actor didn't wish to continue, they would require a replacement good enough to take their place. I would never wish to replace the Mane 6 not even if its in the year 2140 (a long time away) and I'm dead. This is one of those things that just need new writers every now and then ;) and some breaks for a year or two every few seasons so they could refresh and brainstorm new ideas! I would never even think about a G5 existing if Hasbro gets new writers and takes breaks, that would avoid it from going bland :).

• Brohoof 1

No, I meant that if a voice actor didn't wish to continue, they would require a replacement good enough to take their place. I would never wish to replace the Mane 6 not even if its in the year 2140 (a long time away) and I'm dead. This is one of those things that just need new writers every now and then ;) and some breaks for a year or two every few seasons so they could refresh and brainstorm new ideas! I would never even think about a G5 existing if Hasbro gets new writers and takes breaks, that would avoid it from going bland :).

agreed but hasbro needs to try not to over do the toy thing as has been done with eqg and a few episodes. I think if they are more careful and do things right they could become as big as disney in the years to come and they should bring back newborn cuties.....................when the world ends. I watch the reaction vids for a laugh but if I take one look at the cartoon during it I feel like bleach is needed to cure what ive seen its that bad. Lauren opened a new door for them and they must keep going unless they wish to go back under the radar again.

• Brohoof 1

agreed but hasbro needs to try not to over do the toy thing as has been done with eqg and a few episodes. I think if they are more careful and do things right they could become as big as disney in the years to come and they should bring back newborn cuties.....................when the world ends. I watch the reaction vids for a laugh but if I take one look at the cartoon during it I feel like bleach is needed to cure what ive seen its that bad. Lauren opened a new door for them and they must keep going unless they wish to go back under the radar again.

I'm with you 100% on that one, they might as well start concentrating on the show. That's what made them so famous after all.

The show doesn't have a very high viewership, that's why they try to sell toys too.

I, for one, liked the breezification (which was apparently toy advertising), but I agree they shouldn't focus too much on Equestria Girls.

• Brohoof 1

The show doesn't have a very high viewership, that's why they try to sell toys too.

I, for one, liked the breezification (which was apparently toy advertising), but I agree they shouldn't focus too much on Equestria Girls.

Yeah.. I mean, if they sold plush toys of RD I'd probably set one up as a decoration, but they should focus on the Show and use the toys as secondary priority rather than primary. I see them doing well if they keep up with the shows... all except for the EQG theme. It just... doesn't work with me.

Why would we have to transition anyways?

I don't think you coudk a version of the show that would top G4.

I'm no fanboy here, but I'm just saying I think it would seem unnecessary to even have a G5.

That's why they should just call this Final Generation. There is no more need to reboot the series, they should embrace it and cherish it so it lasts for lifetimes and make changes to the stories, add more characters, give other side characters devoted episodes and take breaks so that the Bronies and Producers could rest from the Tension and just let the Bronies do their thing while the teams rests to be fresh and starts fresh with a new plot to introduce new challenges for the Mane 6. They shouldn't just burn steam to fast, they should give it time for a fresh new set of stories and seasons before proceeding. That will be sure to keep G4 from ever getting bland. (I still wouldn't mind it being called a final reboot of the universe/characters)

• Brohoof 1

I wouldnt mind if they stuck to the same formula but maybe started to focus on a gender neatural theme show boys and girls can be just as much friends as a full group of ether. Idk we still got this g4 for awile im sure.

Why would we have to transition anyways?

I don't think you coudk a version of the show that would top G4.

I'm no fanboy here, but I'm just saying I think it would seem unnecessary to even have a G5.

I wouldn't be so sure of that, I love G4, but there are plenty of ways the franchise could improve.

My opinion? G4 is the best generation they have ever had. So, they will probably keep it until they notice it being to die down, which I do believe will be a long while.

My opinion? G4 is the best generation they have ever had. So, they will probably keep it until they notice it being to die down, which I do believe will be a long while.

I wouldnt mind if they stuck to the same formula but maybe started to focus on a gender neatural theme show boys and girls can be just as much friends as a full group of ether. Idk we still got this g4 for awile im sure.

it was meant to give the idea girls arent always into the stereotypical crap thrust upon older generations and I still believe it was to break the line of male female barriers thats what lauren had in mind I think and im surenshe said something like that aswell would ya rather men saw themselves better than women like the old days? The idea wasnt to make women look better but to equalize things if ya follow.. this gender role is always what it comes back to and such a vile thing should not exist as besides men having penises and women well you get the rest we are all human and should be treated no different so the show isnt being one sided its just giving females the image they deserve. Thats my opinion though.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't be so sure of that, I love G4, but there are plenty of ways the franchise could improve.

They could improve all that in one generation. I believe a reboot is a reboot of design and characters... that is something I wouldn't like personally. They could just add more characters and divide screen-time so a lot of characters get their own episode like they do sometimes and G4. But the Mane 6 should be here to stay, G4, 5, 6 and whatnot. They should still be the overall main characters. I don't see a need for a reboot at all. Maybe they could change things without rebooting. I hear it usually means replacing the Main Characters and Designs, and those are the 2 things you just can't replace.

Yeah.. I mean, if they sold plush toys of RD I'd probably set one up as a decoration, but they should focus on the Show and use the toys as secondary priority rather than primary. I see them doing well if they keep up with the shows... all except for the EQG theme. It just... doesn't work with me.

That's why they should just call this Final Generation. There is no more need to reboot the series, they should embrace it and cherish it so it lasts for lifetimes and make changes to the stories, add more characters, give other side characters devoted episodes and take breaks so that the Bronies and Producers could rest from the Tension and just let the Bronies do their thing while the teams rests to be fresh and starts fresh with a new plot to introduce new challenges for the Mane 6. They shouldn't just burn steam to fast, they should give it time for a fresh new set of stories and seasons before proceeding. That will be sure to keep G4 from ever getting bland. (I still wouldn't mind it being called a final reboot of the universe/characters)

its good to have the merch but not without the show as like you said this show has improved the population of the show slightly higher than newborn cuties jk that wasnt a show god knows what that thing was but yeah g4 is the first true generation thats actually given them a new lease in life. And I will always praise lauren for that as shes one hell of a visionary as the team is she helped assemble.

• Brohoof 1