Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Critique on The Debate Pit of Tartarus

EpicEnergy

Sarcasm and jokes banned me hahaha... Too bad they don't see the deeper meaning of it.... Oh well. Not everyone can understand how deep comedy can be?

Plus I kinda agree and disagree in profanity....

I had a friend. Who was a call center who always interacted with people who swears a lot.

His reply: " sir let's be professional on the way we talk."

Comedy I can considered very professional. Since you can play and hide it's meanings and is very hard to do.

But profanity.... Mmmmm yeah it has emotions but is not very professional to me.... Like F this F that... F became a lot of stuff F can be anything now... It can be good it can be bad... It lost its true meaning.... Over used and pretty much... Mehhh. 

• Brohoof 2

On 2022-11-12 at 2:23 AM, Props ValRoa said:

@abrony-mouse

I think the way I do because I wish common decency and respect between all involved. Sassiness and emojis isn't the way to do that. The old debate pit allowed profanity and emojis, and it was a constant mess.

Well... You see text doesn't have emotions.... You can't see what the writers emotions are. So I think emoji's help a bit I guess on that matter? 🤔 Like if the person is truly pondering with a ? Or is trapping you with a question mark 😎

• Brohoof 3

23 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

Well... You see text doesn't have emotions.... You can't see what the writers emotions are. So I think emoji's help a bit I guess on that matter? 🤔 Like if the person is truly pondering with a ? Or is trapping you with a question mark 😎

That’s more a question of skill. Thousands of years of textual art demonstrates that emotion can be deftly used in any situation. If a reader can’t tell the emotion or nature of a text, it’s the author’s failing. We are living in a world where textual communication is far more ubiquitous, so having an opportunity to hone a writing skill should be seen as challenge. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

That’s more a question of skill. Thousands of years of textual art demonstrates that emotion can be deftly used in any situation. If a reader can’t tell the emotion or nature of a text, it’s the author’s failing. We are living in a world where textual communication is far more ubiquitous, so having an opportunity to hone a writing skill should be seen as challenge. 

Not  everyone has that skill and that skill can still be misread.... Hence different opinions on a book one reads.... 

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-11-12 at 1:59 PM, Kujamih said:

Well, kind of. Emotes/emoticons/smileys were originally created to allow people to communicate emotions across the pre-internet multi-user networks. But as time went on and trolls became a thing, and people used sensationalism on social media to grab more likes, emoticons are now seldom used to reflect a person's real emotions. LOL was actually among the first emoticons, but how often is a person actually "laughing out loud" when they use it? Almost never.

4 hours ago, BornAgainBrony said:

Well, kind of. Emotes/emoticons/smileys were originally created to allow people to communicate emotions across the pre-internet multi-user networks. But as time went on and trolls became a thing, and people used sensationalism on social media to grab more likes, emoticons are now seldom used to reflect a person's real emotions. LOL was actually among the first emoticons, but how often is a person actually "laughing out loud" when they use it? Almost never.

... Bro even emotions in real life is seldom used to reflect a person's real emotions... Hard to pull off but plausible...

Like a fake smile.... Parents usually don't show their real emotions to their children. They give a smile to hide their pain etc. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-11-25 at 9:01 PM, abrony-mouse said:

well no more debate pit for me - tough for me to keep my sass levels down :( Sorry if anypony was upset, you know I <3 you all really :3

if anypony fancies continuing debating then PM me, or alternatively I am on a lil forum BronyBase (tapatalk.com) which is manely RP but that might work too

Its not a place for us....they cant handle our sassyness... We are to .... SASSEEHHH...

UUU TAPATALK... Please do tell about this place?

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

Yes lets debate!  About pineapples!

pineapples should be blue and have Styrofoam on their spikes because they're too dangerous! 

7 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

Its not a place for us....they cant handle our sassyness... We are to .... SASSEEHHH...

UUU TAPATALK... Please do tell about this place?

:D and tapatalk is a forum which made me a mod D: and is also an old RP forum. it's sadly only got a few members now.  

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-11-27 at 3:24 AM, Kujamih said:

Oh! I have an idea! Can we have a troll pit? This way the trolls can stay there and leave the debate pit and avoid making people cry there.

Yes! :pinkie: for trolls thrown out of Tartarus to wallow in  

also maybe there should be a rebranding - the current Debate Pit could instead be called

Twilight's Civil Debating Chamber

52041aaaaf37aca62564f1046b912f21.jpg

(because it observes rules of soberness and such)

While the troll pit could be called:

Majesty's Troll Dungeon because You Filthy Types deserve to Know Pony Terror 

tumblr_ma3yremMDX1rz9gauo3_500.jpg

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s my feedback. The place hasn’t been strictly moderated enough. It needs more! Good thing I have time on my hands! 

I remember not mincing words when I said it was eventually going to be heavily moderated. I just saw some crazy opinions in there and people keep mistaking MLPF for Twitter and Facebook. 

image.gif

• Brohoof 2

• The topic was locked