Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Opinions on Starlight Glimmer?

zimzomzomb

I've only ever seen people say two things about her. People either seem to hate her or love her. Personally she was decent as a character but I feel like her character arc was.. un-earned I guess?? It felt too easy for her, especially considering she tried to alter ACTUAL TIME AND SPACE

but yeah! id love to hear all your opinions! do be nice about it though haha :toldya:

• Brohoof 1

I liked her a lot as a villain in Season 5, didn't initially like her as a reformed villain, but my opinion on her as a supporting character improved over time. That doesn't mean I like everything they did with her in the later seasons though, never cared much about her friendship with Trixie and her being the counselor of the School of Friendship...eh. 

2 hours ago, zimzomzomb said:

I've only ever seen people say two things about her. People either seem to hate her or love her. Personally she was decent as a character but I feel like her character arc was.. un-earned I guess?? It felt too easy for her, especially considering she tried to alter ACTUAL TIME AND SPACE

but yeah! id love to hear all your opinions! do be nice about it though haha :toldya:

She succeeded at altering time and space, repeatedly, until Twilight Sparkle finally talked her out of it. She came back from a dark place (that felt a little weird considering the point of origin) and struggled with her predilection for using magic to solve her problems. So, for me, not unearned so much as squeezed in or sort of rushed.

To me, her backstory and motives felt very cheap. She did what she did just because her bestest friend got his cutie mark before she did creating the biggest lie ever that cutie marks separate and divide. She manifested hate from a single idea nearly causing the destruction of Equestria. 

3 good things about Starlight Glimmer that you must know, explained:

(I am working on my click bait titles)

1. Starlight Glimmer was a good villain, or should I say "creepy" villain. She was the most human of them all, calling bullsh1t on everything Mane 6 did that was actually ridiculous from a real perspective. She also looked good with the evil hairdo.

2. She got a lot of attention in later seasons, but still only had simple eye lashes style design. I am not sure if I would have been strong enough to create a character like that.

3. Starlight Glimmer is the best when Maud calls her out for being evil in Solid Rock Friendship.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Liked her as a villain. She is what got me into the fandom. My interest in her has considerably waned. I have read lots of fimfics about her. Lazy backstory, needed more development in the show. I still like her, but she isn't my main focus anymore.