Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is my head canon idea good/my theory on g5

Ash Thunderstrike

Now, I’m not a huge fan of g5 so far, and I feel like it also ruined fim thanks to mentions of twilight creating the crystals. But thanks to a YouTube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2jaAcwI7fc&t=364s, or just look up is MLP G5 from an alternate timeline of G4? (Theory idea) on YouTube), made me think that G5 is actually set in an alternate reality, but not one of starlight glimmer’s timelines. And it’s all thanks to equestria girls.

The theory:

One of the major problems of G5 is that the Sun and moon, established by fim that a princess of equestria has to move them to create the day/night cycle, is functioning normally without a princess for possibly centuries. Also, Twilight is missing her wings, which she should have had when she made the recording seen in make your mark. So we can theorize that she has ethereal wings like Sunny. Now, you may say that Opaline has normal wings, but there are multiple ways of becoming an alicorn, so there could be a difference between princess alicorns and dark magic ones. 

So my theory is that g5 is set in a completely different universe than the g4 we know. This is because in equestria girls, twilight is transported to an equestria set in the modern day with humans and a normal day/night cycle, yet still having the other mane 5 living there. What if this universe is one identical to the normal g4, but with changes to make it fit in with g5 lore? As several other things are missing, such as other races, landmarks, ect. 

Now, you might just say it’s a silly theory that’s obviously fake, but I will choose to believe it no matter what. I’m fine with g5 being bad right now, because I know it will get better over time, but bringing down EVERYTHING that was done in g4 is dumb and lazy writing, and it makes me depressed at the sad fate of our favourite characters. It wasn’t even a few centuries afterwards. The crystals could have even been made the next day after the finale for all we know!

Of course, they could fix the timeline with Dr. Whooves or some other time-travel machine, but that’s kinda kitschy, but anything to fix g4 will be good, even if it brings g5 down a bit.

What do you think about my head canon theory? I know it’s a little rocky, and headcanons are almost always wrong, but I’m clinging on to anything to keep me from imploding from frustration right now, and the evidence I have is pretty clear, and you can believe whatever you want. Have a wonderful day!

• 3 weeks later...

Oh yes, you have the exact headcanon as I have! After I gave up with the new (and horrible) G5 Ponies design, I decided to think about MyM as a separate timeline, when Twilight was a terrible ruler, and that works for us, and could work for the writers in case they want to explain the plot holes of this new generation (like the absence of wings on her).