Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did you have a cool grandparents home to go to as a child?

Reecejackox

Yes. My grandparents are still alive today. I remember going to their house as kid to go swimming. 
I also remember having quite a bit of toys over there including a Huge Thomas The Tank Engine train set

1 hour ago, Splashee said:

Yep. My grandmother always had candy. My other grandmother had a cool parrot that bit off fingers.

hehe. I remember at my great grandparent's house as a kid I'd go down to their basement each visit and get ice cream out of the freezer

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Whirlwind said:

hehe. I remember at my great grandparent's house as a kid I'd go down to their basement each visit and get ice cream out of the freezer

I had a friend that always had ice cream in the basement! I know that feeling all to well, the smell of basement and excitement for ice cream! :ButtercupLaugh:

2 minutes ago, Splashee said:

I had a friend that always had ice cream in the basement! I know that feeling all to well, the smell of basement and excitement for ice cream! :ButtercupLaugh:

Yup! Still remember that. It's a shame the house my great grandparent's lived in got torn down many years ago. Here's the last pic I took (9 years ago) before it eventually got torn down

IMG_0553.JPG

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Whirlwind said:

Yup! Still remember that. It's a shame the house my great grandparent's lived in got torn down many years ago. Here's the last pic I took (9 years ago) before it eventually got torn down

IMG_0553.JPG

It's great when you have photos. Many years ago a lot of things were torn down here, and there is not a single photo.

On my mother's side it was pretty meh. They watched football most of the time which was boring as hell for me. Was fun eating there though, and having fun with my family and cousins. 

On my dad's side they lived up North and didn't visit that often. Had a lot of fun up there, especially during Winter. Made snow caves and huts, and when it was dinner we all went "aww, man". 

Edited by Yakamaru

My grandmother on my dad's side lived only a couple blocks away and I would quite often walk up there for a change of scenery. It was usually pretty peaceful to be there and I would play the piano that was there most of the time. I miss those days. Sadly my grandma passed away a couple years ago and one of my cousins, who is a dreadful person, lived there afterwards and ruined the place. Haven't stepped foot in there in since 2020 I believe. Shame.

• Brohoof 1

They didn’t live home but I’d see them often. I’d say it was funner as a kid when we’d do fun activities (though deep down me and my brothers just wanted to back to our video games :laugh:).

I didn’t always want to go as I did get bored after some time :I . Usually didn’t have much we could talk about really. They moved to Mexico (mom’s side) a couple years back. Grandpa passed when he was over there. Dad’s side, only knew my grandma but she was rarely around and she passed away almost 10 years ago.

All of them were always kind especially my grandpa. I guess my maternal grandma now can be a little pushy or grouchy occasionally (and that’s towards all her children :P ), but I always admired what she had to say, being the most religious. She always cares for us.