Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Post Your Desktop

SPLinux

No, mine is One Piece, though I'll probably put up some One Piece MLP crossovers at some point, I change it every couple months.

Everything else is pony though, so it is actually probably kinda crooked. :D

Mine isn't...and I'm suddenly wondering why. Don't get me wrong, I love the Beauty and the Beast wallpaper I have now, but I've been wanting to change for weeks and never knew to what. A-der...

Who here is courageous enough to go the mile of making their computer desktop pony-themed? If you did, feel free to share your desktop here! I'm curious as to how many people took the route I did and set their backgrounds to be 20% cooler :)

I know this was specifically for pony themed desktops but we already have a thread for posting desktops, pony or otherwise so I merged your thread into it.

I know this was specifically for pony themed desktops but we already have a thread for posting desktops, pony or otherwise so I merged your thread into it.

Sounds good -- I actually hadn't noticed this other one until now, sounds like the merge was a good decision.

Decided to give Linux a shot on my laptop with Ubuntu 10.4 and it's pretty great. My battery life is better and it doesn't get as hot compared to running Windows 7. I still prefer Windows 7 for desktop use though, but Linux seems to be better on laptops. post-486-0-99808000-1332482445_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

Well, I've gone through the long process of making Windows 7 customized completely so that it's Ashbad-optimized, so I can be really efficient in it. I've configured how I have my user directory setup so that everything is in an easy to reach directory, created quite a few nifty PowerShell (and batch equivalent) scripts in my user directory so I can do pretty much anything with just a few keystrokes, wiped out the desktop again (I started putting stuff there again, shame on me), changed my shell from Windows Explorer to #E, and many other things. I tried out #E simply out of curiosity, and was thinking of dumping it for its default design being so clunky and slow; after an hour or two of tweaking though, I cut out 80% of the components I would never use or added to the clunkiness, minimalized the design, and customized the remaining components for pure functionality, and this is what I came up with:

Posted Image

So far, the makeover has been rather swell, as I've gotten accustomed and efficient with my new workspace, more so than I was before it.

• Brohoof 1

I usually use two screens but my 42" is off now so this is my main screen, i got 2300 pictures changing at a speed of 1 min, i don't quite remember where i got them from, or who made them, but yeah, thats my screen. (and ofcourse all the 2300 pics are all pony related.)

for anyone who wants to know the reason i use the standard windows 2000 lookling win 7 is because its a gaming desktop, nothing else, and its all for reducing lags/etc when im ingamePosted Image

Edited by pondus30
  • Brohoof 1

I usually use two screens but my 42" is off now so this is my main screen, i got 2300 pictures changing at a speed of 1 min, i don't quite remember where i got them from, or who made them, but yeah, thats my screen. (and ofcourse all the 2300 pics are all pony related.)

for anyone who wants to know the reason i use the standard windows 2000 lookling win 7 is because its a gaming desktop, nothing else, and its all for reducing lags/etc when im ingame

2300 pictures? Damn, that must take up a lot of your HDD -- I hope you're using JPG and having them scaled up at render time! :P

2300 pictures? Damn, that must take up a lot of your HDD -- I hope you're using JPG and having them scaled up at render time! :P

that folder with the pictures is.. lets see 274 gb oh wait, never mind wrong folder, its only 2,6 gb :P silly me chose the steam folder instead

the folder is mostly filled with Png,s and jpg's yes

Edited by pondus30
  • Brohoof 1

that folder with the pictures is.. lets see 274 gb oh wait, never mind wrong folder, its only 2,6 gb :P silly me chose the steam folder instead

Damn dude, even 2.6GB is huge! But, it sounds like it's worth it if you in exchange get an incredibly cool, huge set of wallpapers. Just curious, on average, what are the common types of image files for the wallpapers, and what's their general resolution (And if applicable with something like JPG and PNG, what's the compression ratio)?

Damn dude, even 2.6GB is huge! But, it sounds like it's worth it if you in exchange get an incredibly cool, huge set of wallpapers. Just curious, on average, what are the common types of image files for the wallpapers, and what's their general resolution (And if applicable with something like JPG and PNG, what's the compression ratio)?

Gonna take a look, will edit this post when i find out

Most of the pictures are actually 1920*1080

and and im not sure what you mean by the compression ratio

alot of them are also up in 2560*1600

most of the pics are PNG

Edited by pondus30

Gonna take a look, will edit this post when i find out

Most of the pictures are actually 1920*1080

and and im not sure what you mean by the compression ratio

alot of them are also up in 2560*1600

most of the pics are PNG

hmm, I wouldn't be surprised if you could cut out at least 1GB of data by scaling them to at most your native screen resolution, and then converting them all to 85% quality ratio'd JPEGs.

hmm, I wouldn't be surprised if you could cut out at least 1GB of data by scaling them to at most your native screen resolution, and then converting them all to 85% quality ratio'd JPEGs.

got no problem with space, my pony harddrive is 3tb, my ssd is 120gb my backup is 465gb