Post Your Desktop

SPLinux

On 10/3/2011 at 5:46 PM, Twilight Sparkle said:

Please try to use the attachment system, everypony. Attached images will be shown as links when quoted, and as thumbnail links when posted, both of which keep the thread much easier to read.

This is the desktop on my workstation laptop:

post-1-0-06766900-1317689123_thumb.png

Source, if anypony's looking for it, is right here: http://smockhobbes.d...paper-251082251

Cool, I didn't know how that worked. Thanks for the tip.

how do I post images from my hard drive? or is that impossible?

Upload to an image sharing site like tinypic.com, and then put the link for your image in img tags.

Here's my desktop:

Posted Image

Edited by Ganondork
  • Brohoof 5

Just use our attachment system. It's easier, faster, and better for the forum than a free image host.

That honestly didn't cross my mind. D:

But then I probably didn't think about suggesting that because I am so used to how horrible it is on my SMF forum. :S

But on IPB it's a fine-tuned system.

That honestly didn't cross my mind. D:

But then I probably didn't think about suggesting that because I am so used to how horrible it is on my SMF forum. :S

But on IPB it's a fine-tuned system.

Ew, SMF.

Yeah, there are a lot of reasons I bought an IP.Board license for us. The great attachment system is one of them (after you've uploaded a few files, try clicking the "My Media" button in the post editor!). I even took the liberty of skinning the default spinning arrows out of the uploader and replacing them with Rainbow Dash.

The only caveat is that you cannot upload new attachments from the quick reply editor. You need to press "More Reply Options" and use the full reply page to be able to upload attachments (My Media, however, works from quick reply).