Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S01:EP54 - I've seen fire and I've seen Rainbows

Props Valroa

This episode is essentially just a TYT "retelling" of Missing The Mark. It's also the debut of Misty's new color scheme, which I definitely don't like as much as what she had. The Blue and Green were cool and unique compared to the rest of main cast, but now that her mane is pink, it just blends in with the rest of them. Speaking of Misty, I don't understand what's going on with here character in this episode. At the end of MYM, she was shown to still live with Opaline, just as a double agent of sorts for the main characters. Here however, it looks like she just moved to Maretime Bay and can now just hang out with her friends full time. Either this will get explained somehow, or it's just another example of MYM and TYT basically being different parallel universes. No wonder so much of G4 has been retconned, they can't even keep G5 consistent with itself. 

• Brohoof 2

17 minutes ago, Landi said:

This episode is essentially just a TYT "retelling" of Missing The Mark.

That’s great news for me! 

18 minutes ago, Landi said:

It's also the debut of Misty's new color scheme, which I definitely don't like as much as what she had.

I liked Misty’s old colors a lot more especially, her mane. :blush:

• Brohoof 2

Chapter 4 MYM recap, but in TYT style.  Opaline definitely benefits from the 2D style.  Can't say, I'm a big fan of Misty's new mane colors.  Her blue and teal mane matched her coat much better with just the hint of pink of her horn.  Kinda clashes now.  I also found the alicorn fight scene was done better in this episode with the 2D.  Seemed to flow better.

• Brohoof 1

Brutal honesty, this is probably one of my least favorite episodes. I despise writing that sentence, but it's how I honestly feel, it made me feel like I was watching a recap clip show episode of an anime. Hardly anything happens in the story with the plot just being a retelling of MYM Chapter 4's finale. Also, it's not that funny, the only thing that really got a laugh out of me was the part with Izzy's donuts. Shame we got something underwhelming like this after debatably one of the best TYT episodes of all time.

• Brohoof 3

I’ll admit that the plot was a little weak with it just being a recap of the MYM Chapter 4 finale, but it was so awesome seeing that last battle in TYT style! Misty got a new style, but I honestly don’t like it as much as her regular look, unless this is only for this episode.

One of the weaker episodes we’ve seen recently, but the streak had to end at some point.

• Brohoof 2

13 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Brutal honesty, this is probably one of my least favorite episodes. I despise writing that sentence, but it's how I honestly feel, it made me feel like I was watching a recap clip show episode of an anime. Hardly anything happens in the story with the plot just being a retelling of MYM Chapter 4's finale. Also, it's not that funny, the only thing that really got a laugh out of me was the part with Izzy's donuts. Shame we got something underwhelming like this after debatably one of the best TYT episodes of all time.

Look at it this way, it's a good episode for people who aren't able to watch MYM. :grin:

• Brohoof 1

Let's be honest here. This is just a recap of the MYM Chapter 4 finale. It does not work well considering TYT's short form content. Misty's new mane is a poor replacement for the old one. I liked that one much better.

• Brohoof 1

Well, this exists.  It's mostly an unnecessary recap of the finale we just saw, but I will admit, it does look a bit better in 2D.  I really don't have much to say about this one, though I don't recall Misty having a different mane colour before, so I guess that's different.  

(edited)

I know some people here hate this episode but I loved it! It was a great way to bridge the 2 series together and get each characters thoughts on the Make Your Mark episode which for me adds character development. I don't like that Misty's hair is different simply because in Make Your Mark her hair is still blue, and I still prefer Make Your Mark because it's more emotional and looks like the movie, but this episode at least puts to rest the "it's not cannon!" whining back and forth. It also gave us a bit of a follow up with Sparky still being sick etc. I don't care if it's a clip show or like anime. I loved this and that episode of Make Your Mark! I think it was obvious Misty was going to live with her friends and just act like she's still with Opaline.

Edited by StitchandMLPlover

• 4 weeks later...

This was interesting. It recapped what happened in the MYM episode, and I thought it was interesting how different characters remembered different parts. I thought Izzy's was quite funny with the donuts and such. I'm not sure what to make of Misty's new mane colors yet...

• Hugs 1